Educational

Author Topic: Post a random truth about yourself thread.  (Read 29605 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: Post a random truth about yourself thread.
« Reply #915 on: January 25, 2007, 10:42:06 PM »
I have never used anything like that, look quite beautiful albeit complicated? I collected old cameras, but the only one I tried using was a beautiful Voigtlander I had...a rarer model. 

I used to have an old Voigtlander. Nothing rare, but it took great pictures. I have had several different kinds of large format cameras. The obvious advantage is film size, of course, but more technically, the front and rear standards, which hold the lens on one end and the film on the other, can rise or fall, pitch and swivel, up down or side to side. The Sinar design is the most complicated, but it's also the best, because the swivel points on each standard can be locked on axis with the lens if you want (yaw-free, they call that) making adjustments much easier and exposure more even from center to outside edge.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #916 on: January 26, 2007, 12:01:34 PM »
I used to own a Voigtlander SLR. Great camera, but I don't know what happened to it. ???
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #917 on: January 26, 2007, 03:41:16 PM »

Earlier today, I took the hottest shower any human would tolerate, save for some drunks or possibly assault victims. Only problem is that I burned my back, by staying in one place for too long. Except for a saucer sizedl spot between my shoulders, it felt really good.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Graelwyn

« Reply #918 on: January 26, 2007, 03:45:16 PM »
I used to own a Voigtlander SLR. Great camera, but I don't know what happened to it. ???

Cool, I never saw any of their slrs? I will have to look up on that to find a picture of one.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #919 on: January 26, 2007, 04:24:57 PM »
I have an Olympus OM-2 for film and a compact Nikon for digital, these days. I don't use them as much as I should, though.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Graelwyn

« Reply #920 on: January 26, 2007, 09:46:20 PM »
Hmm, random truth that becomes well known with time  :green:

When she is good, she is very, very good...when she is bad, she is wicked.

I have a very bad temper. If someone crosses me, I let them know they have crossed me. Some things, I can simply let slide past. Hell, most things slide past when I am not at the PMT time, but annoy me when I am already annoyed and you really play with the devil. Often, I will stay silent like a little mouse and ignore little jibes because I fear the hurt I will get if I defend myself in the way I defend myself. But sometimes, I will let rip and suffer the consquences. I am used to being the underdog anyways.  :-\ if that is the right word, I think it is the right word.

Scrapheap

« Reply #921 on: January 27, 2007, 12:58:29 AM »
My idea of a dream car is one that looks like hell on the outside and is a finely tuned machine on the inside.  I want the doors to be rusty and of mismatching color, I want the windows to be dirty, and the hubcaps to be missing.  I want unidentifiable but unpleasant smelling things to be chalked all over the car, could be dirt, could be shit, could be blood, could be butter pecan icecream.  I want the whole thing scratched, dented, and mangled.  But on the inside have excellent handling, gas mileage, and power, and still be able to drive after a roll over at 30 miles an hour.  I'd also prefer this car be on the smallish side.

What you're refering to in Hot Rod terms, is known as a "Sleeper"

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #922 on: January 27, 2007, 04:54:15 AM »
I like incongruety.  I like that the superfluous surface betrays the truth of the infinitely more important inner meaning of the car.
And as always, these are simply my worthless opinions.
Reverence is fine, Sanctity is silly.
We're all fucked, it helps to remember that.

Teejay

« Reply #923 on: January 27, 2007, 05:34:46 AM »
The number of close friends I have had in my whole life I can count with one hand

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #924 on: January 27, 2007, 10:07:38 AM »
My idea of a dream car is one that looks like hell on the outside and is a finely tuned machine on the inside.  I want the doors to be rusty and of mismatching color, I want the windows to be dirty, and the hubcaps to be missing.  I want unidentifiable but unpleasant smelling things to be chalked all over the car, could be dirt, could be shit, could be blood, could be butter pecan icecream.  I want the whole thing scratched, dented, and mangled.  But on the inside have excellent handling, gas mileage, and power, and still be able to drive after a roll over at 30 miles an hour.  I'd also prefer this car be on the smallish side.

What you're refering to in Hot Rod terms, is known as a "Sleeper"

I used to have an old Plymouth Fury that was quite a Hot Rod sleeper. It was part police interceptor, reconstructed from three cars in a junkyard. I bought it for the 10:1 Hemi that was in it. The only thing that gave it away was the sixty series Goodrich radials, also from the junkyard. Oh ... and the eight track worked!!

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #925 on: January 27, 2007, 10:20:40 AM »
When I watch my moving movies(as I just did), I often cry so hard it soaks my face as though I was just in from the rain.  But when I feel the best from it, I find my self laughing and crying simultaneously.  I don't know why.  But I know I laugh harder than at any other time.
And as always, these are simply my worthless opinions.
Reverence is fine, Sanctity is silly.
We're all fucked, it helps to remember that.

Graelwyn

« Reply #926 on: January 27, 2007, 10:27:29 AM »
When I watch my moving movies(as I just did), I often cry so hard it soaks my face as though I was just in from the rain.  But when I feel the best from it, I find my self laughing and crying simultaneously.  I don't know why.  But I know I laugh harder than at any other time.

I get this too. Schindlers List is one that seems to affect me the most, but laugh wise, I go for silly ones like 'Mrs Doubtfire' and 'Meet The Parents'. I have a childish sense of humour, and maybe a sick sense of humour.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #927 on: January 27, 2007, 10:27:48 AM »
The number of close friends I have had in my whole life I can count with one hand

I think I'm a bit older than you are and I can count seven good, close, trustworthy friends, in my life. Three, I have lost touch with, two are dead, leaving two, who I have not seen in almost four months in one case and over a year in the other. Thank god for email.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #928 on: February 02, 2007, 11:04:03 AM »
shouldn't have to look for this one either.
Misunderstood.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #929 on: February 02, 2007, 11:43:39 AM »
I think I'm gonna cum in my pants, before I even get there!