Educational

Author Topic: Post a random truth about yourself thread.  (Read 29733 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Post a random truth about yourself thread.
« Reply #885 on: January 24, 2007, 04:11:18 PM »
OT:
"I've got blisters on my fingers" Lots of people think that was John, but it was Ringo and his triple sized sticks, that was the problem ... my blisters are from the new strings I put on my dad's guitar, which are too big for me.

It sounds like John.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #886 on: January 24, 2007, 05:02:22 PM »
OT:
"I've got blisters on my fingers" Lots of people think that was John, but it was Ringo and his triple sized sticks, that was the problem ... my blisters are from the new strings I put on my dad's guitar, which are too big for me.

It sounds like John.

In Paul's biography he talks about Ringo having blood on his hands from blisters popping during his performance and he needed HELP! ... I need somebody ... HELP!
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #887 on: January 24, 2007, 05:03:47 PM »
In Many Years from Now? I must have forgotten...  :-\
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline driftingblizzard

• Nuclear Prince of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • I have Aspergers, what's your excuse?
« Reply #888 on: January 24, 2007, 06:00:36 PM »
I can see how triple size sticks could give you blisters, I'm suprised Peter Mac doesn't have the same problem, the lucky bastard...
Feeling neutral is very normal.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #889 on: January 24, 2007, 06:24:28 PM »
I can see how triple size sticks could give you blisters, I'm suprised Peter Mac doesn't have the same problem, the lucky bastard...

:laugh: Would you call his 'stick' triple size then?

Offline driftingblizzard

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #890 on: January 24, 2007, 07:40:18 PM »

Compared to many, yes...

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #891 on: January 24, 2007, 08:06:30 PM »

Compared to many, yes...

I'm flattered.  Does this mean that Litigious's stick is quadruple size, and Richard's is pentuple size?
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #892 on: January 24, 2007, 08:11:27 PM »
Since first grade I have been training myself to be noncompetetive, and to be alright about being inferior to others in any and every way, and alright with not being as lucky as others, or as advantaged as others.  So basically since first grade I have been teaching myself how to be okay with anything that life throws at me.

Basically when I first started going to school, I found there were people prettier than me, and smarter than me, and I could choose to feel jealous of them, or I could choose to not want those things.  And I picked the latter.
And as always, these are simply my worthless opinions.
Reverence is fine, Sanctity is silly.
We're all fucked, it helps to remember that.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #893 on: January 24, 2007, 08:12:20 PM »

Compared to many, yes...

I'm flattered.  Does this mean that Litigious's stick is quadruple size, and Richard's is pentuple size?

My god, people, I was talking about drum sticks! How did we go from drum sticks to dumb sticks so fast?

:laugh:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline driftingblizzard

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #894 on: January 24, 2007, 08:16:11 PM »

Compared to many, yes...

My god, people, I was talking about drum sticks! How did we go from drum sticks to dumb sticks so fast?

+ 1 for creative terminology....  And Highly accurate    :rofl:

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #895 on: January 24, 2007, 08:51:03 PM »
Since first grade I have been training myself to be noncompetetive, and to be alright about being inferior to others in any and every way, and alright with not being as lucky as others, or as advantaged as others.  So basically since first grade I have been teaching myself how to be okay with anything that life throws at me.

Basically when I first started going to school, I found there were people prettier than me, and smarter than me, and I could choose to feel jealous of them, or I could choose to not want those things.  And I picked the latter.

anything that life throws at you? even good stuff? what if life threw at you something positive, would you be able to handle that? would you be able to take happiness? for people who have all their lives pretty much expected life to suck in some way have trouble adjusting to happy turns of events and might even self-sabotage to get out of that alien situation. that's how it is for me anyway, happiness is hard to accept when you instintually worry about the rug being pulled from under you.

you are not inferior, in your looks or any other way, i dunno what superprimped up movie stars you hang out with who make you feel less pretty but pay no attention to them, it's all smoke and mirrors and photoshop. you're a good looking guy and you have a good heart.

you have to train yourself to accept the fact that you are not inferior, and that you have the right to be happy and that it is possible for you to be happy. you have to prepare for happiness too, or you might accidentally step on it when it arrives.
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #896 on: January 25, 2007, 04:46:56 AM »

Compared to many, yes...

:laugh: I guess that's the Intensity way.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #897 on: January 25, 2007, 04:48:16 AM »
I've noticed now that whenever I'm typing a word that begins with 'I' I automatically capitalize it because I'm so used to typing 'Intensity' now ???

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #898 on: January 25, 2007, 05:04:39 AM »
Since first grade I have been training myself to be noncompetetive, and to be alright about being inferior to others in any and every way, and alright with not being as lucky as others, or as advantaged as others.  So basically since first grade I have been teaching myself how to be okay with anything that life throws at me.

Basically when I first started going to school, I found there were people prettier than me, and smarter than me, and I could choose to feel jealous of them, or I could choose to not want those things.  And I picked the latter.

anything that life throws at you? even good stuff? what if life threw at you something positive, would you be able to handle that? would you be able to take happiness? for people who have all their lives pretty much expected life to suck in some way have trouble adjusting to happy turns of events and might even self-sabotage to get out of that alien situation. that's how it is for me anyway, happiness is hard to accept when you instintually worry about the rug being pulled from under you.

you are not inferior, in your looks or any other way, i dunno what superprimped up movie stars you hang out with who make you feel less pretty but pay no attention to them, it's all smoke and mirrors and photoshop. you're a good looking guy and you have a good heart.

you have to train yourself to accept the fact that you are not inferior, and that you have the right to be happy and that it is possible for you to be happy. you have to prepare for happiness too, or you might accidentally step on it when it arrives.

Yup, actually.

I expected somebody was going to tell me I wasn't inferior in some or every way.

Now I don't think I'm perfect.  I'm sure if something was terrible enough I would have trouble dealing with it.  But I have gotten pretty good at accepting life as it is.

Perhaps inferior is a bad word to use, because it has a negative connotation, but the fact of the matter is, there are people who are widely believed to be prettier than I am, and there are people who are much stronger than me, and more in shape, and more and better in a lot of other ways.  So in those ways, at least, I AM inferior to them.  And perhaps beauty might transcend human understanding, and ultimately I am just as beautiful as anyone else, but since it is people I am dealing with, what they think matters.

And an important point I want you to be aware that I am aware of, is that different people will view me in different ways.  Some might think i'm below average, some might think I am above average.  Somebody might think I am the most beautiful person they've ever seen.  But I think I am widely regarded as unattractive.  Perhaps not hideous, but unattractive.  Personally I think I am really unattractive(not really hideous, because I have seen hideous, but for a quick description to my appearance I would say hideous) to myself, meaning I find myself not aesthetically pleasing.

But most importantly, I don't care(or in some situations I feel proud or pleasure from odd things).  I don't feel bad about being unattractive.  I don't feel bad about not being as strong as other people, or as in shape.  And I am not just saying that to chase people away from my true feelings, I genuinely don't care.

I often hear people lamenting being weird.  Or not fitting in.  And I my honest advice to people like that(although I don't give it) is to stop thinking of that as a bad thing.  Some people apparently consider not fitting shameful.  And I don't.

The reason I don't give that advice is because I don't expect it would be easy to do.  I started in 1st grade, so I am way ahead.
And as always, these are simply my worthless opinions.
Reverence is fine, Sanctity is silly.
We're all fucked, it helps to remember that.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #899 on: January 25, 2007, 09:07:27 AM »
my friend and i once took on a double date.  we took them to the grocery store to bag groceries and mop the floor. ;D
Misunderstood.