Author Topic: Post here if you drank too much and are suffering...  (Read 1252 times)

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
Re: Post here if you drank too much and are suffering...
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2017, 07:43:24 AM »

Could not be arsed to search till I found the make someone laugh thread. Thought this place would do too.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2017, 04:08:15 AM »
Yeah those meatball subs really hit the spot in post-pissup moments, when one goes searching for greasy food.

Something fatty and salty is what is needed IMO, I like those subs, only with about 4x extra lots of every cheese available and then I'll pester the person making it for more black olives until I can't wheedle a single slice more out of them, and the thing is bursting with olives.  Other times, if its available then those charcoal pit grill place type big fuckoff double cheeseburgers, ideally with bacon and lots of it. If not, then the other favoured options are donner kebab and in a pinch, pizzza, peppperoni with a fuckton of olives over it and extra cheese.

For hangover remedies, I find a sedative-hypnotic like a benzo etc. helps a lot, either just enough to take the edge off, or else just to go and sleep it off, after drinking plenty of fluid. I prefer the seizure med I'm on. I'm used to it now so I have more leeway than anybody who doesn't take it regularly, but chlormethiazole is unique in that it also blocks alcohol dehydrogenase, preventing the  conversion to the nasty ass, hangover causing acetaldehyde in the liver. It also means it potentiates the everloving shit on a stick out of alcohol, making even a small amount hit like a hammer.

So one MUST be careful with that combination, especially considering chlormethiazole is a powerful, barbiturate-like depressant. Does mean when I do drink, I don't need to drink nearly as much to get drunk, and that what is consumed, ends up having more of it pissed out as is rather than being converted to toxic intermediate metabikutes like acetaldehyde.

And AFTER the drinking, when the CNS depressant effects of alcohol have worn off and if I feel like shit, I'll go for a couple of buffered aspirin, a cup of 'andrews salts' similar to alka-seltzer, and an IM shot of morphine, or else insufflate the contents of a few IR oxycodone capsules, taking about 50mg or so.

I very rarely get hangovers. When drinking socially or simply to quench thirst I go for beers, lagers, ales etc. and those are not particularly suitable for one to become drunk on, not more than mildly so anyway. And my antiseizure med protects me at that level from any hangover.

If I want to get drunk, I'll measure out a quantity of pure ethanol then dilute it to a concentration safe for tissues, with something that tastes decent, like elderflower cordial concentrate, and drink it down in one shot. One is quite enough to get you to whatever stage of drunkenness one might wish for, in a few minutes, I find that the very pure, un-denatured lab ethanol gives less of  hangover when not over-used. Presumably because it is far cleaner and more refined than drinking alcohol.

But the core hangover cure for me IF I ever get one, which is rare, I am not a heavy drinker at all. Is the andrews salts and a shot of morphine plus a sedative and a couple of buffered aspirin.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2017, 04:31:00 AM »
  How do you stay so thin, Lestat?  :pizza:  :devour:  :pizza:   :laugh:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2017, 01:01:09 PM »
Because I seem unable to put on weight. It doesn't matter how much or what I eat. It just does not end up as body weight. I find it extremely difficult to gain muscle mass, despite cycles of high protein intake and intensive weight training, there is little effect (no, I've never tried employing anabolic steroids or other androgen receptor modulators) and I just don't put on fat. Its been that way all my life.

Although now its very, very difficult to eat enough at all, since certain unpleasant, traumatic events  that left lasting neurological effects, and now, I am no longer capable of feeling hunger to much of any extent. I could go week without eating an only realize when physical problems show themselves.  The way I do feel hunger is that if I'm not 'hungry' (I.e I do not physically require food for bodily maintenance) and I do eat or try to eat, its disgusting, food is as ash and dirt in my mouth, but when I do require nutrition then such food as is palatable to me to naturally is acceptable and consumed greedily and with much appreciation.

But I do not generally speaking, consciously feel the cognitive state known as 'hunger', I still can, slightly, but only to a very low extent and usually when I have gone for a long time indeed without any food. Its all too easy for me now to simply forget to eat.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.