Educational

Author Topic: Hello midlifeaspie  (Read 17075 times)

midlifeaspie

Re: Hello midlifeaspie
« Reply #75 on: February 26, 2011, 07:05:47 PM »
Are you going to post and be a real member here or is this just a reconnaissance mission?

I am not sure what constitutes a "real" member.

Be you, and post. That is actually all that is required here.
Oh, and don't endanger the site. That is a ban-able offence. About the only thing that can get you banned here.

How would one "endanger the site"?

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #76 on: February 26, 2011, 07:06:29 PM »
If you wonder how active I am going to be, the answer would probably be "not very".  Moderating WP takes up most of my online time.  I am curious to get to know some of you and something about this site, but doubt I have a lot to contribute that is different from what I contribute at WP.

Just try it.

One warning though. It can be highly addictive once you give in.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #77 on: February 26, 2011, 07:07:35 PM »
Are you going to post and be a real member here or is this just a reconnaissance mission?

I am not sure what constitutes a "real" member.

Be you, and post. That is actually all that is required here.
Oh, and don't endanger the site. That is a ban-able offence. About the only thing that can get you banned here.

How would one "endanger the site"?

Go in against the TOS.

And see, you are a lot closer to ten posts now. It can be so easy.  ;D
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #78 on: February 26, 2011, 07:36:59 PM »
So what were the results of your search  :orly:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

midlifeaspie

« Reply #79 on: February 26, 2011, 07:41:57 PM »

Negative.

You all seem very interested in my every move here.  If you aren't comfortable with my being here just say so, and I will respectfully withdraw.  I don't want to make anyone uncomfortable.

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #80 on: February 26, 2011, 07:46:04 PM »
So what were the results of your search  :orly:

Negative.

You all seem very interested in my every move here.  If you aren't comfortable with my being here just say so, and I will respectfully withdraw.  I don't want to make anyone uncomfortable.

I personally have no problem with you being here at all, in fact I welcome you. You might find out that I think Iamnotaparakeet is a giant lump of human smegma, but as long as you dont get me banned from WP because of that, then you and I should have no problems :green:
« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 07:50:02 PM by Butterflies »

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #81 on: February 26, 2011, 07:48:36 PM »

Negative.

You all seem very interested in my every move here.  If you aren't comfortable with my being here just say so, and I will respectfully withdraw.  I don't want to make anyone uncomfortable.

No uncomfortable just curious.  Like a cat :flo:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #82 on: February 26, 2011, 07:52:57 PM »
Welcome to the Intensity Empire.  Hold on to your knickers.  It's going to be a hell of a ride.

A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #83 on: February 26, 2011, 07:54:28 PM »
So what were the results of your search  :orly:

Negative.

You all seem very interested in my every move here.  If you aren't comfortable with my being here just say so, and I will respectfully withdraw.  I don't want to make anyone uncomfortable.

I personally have no problem with you being here at all, in fact I welcome you. You might find out that I think Iamnotaparakeet is a giant lump of human smegma, but as long as you dont get me banned from WP because of that, then you and I should have no problems :green:

TBH I find it hard to believe that you WP mods don't secretly agree with me :LOL:

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #84 on: February 26, 2011, 08:03:45 PM »

Negative.

With all due respect, you aren't that special. Every new member is interesting, it's just a natural curiosity...there's no sinister motives on our part. Maybe because you are used to a big beast of a site like WP with a cast of thousands, you forget that at a smaller site you are treated much more personally and most members know at least a little of each other.

We've had WP Mods here before, it's no big deal. I guess you have that diplomatic 'persona' to uphold.

Shame really. We like it when people get down and dirty and we see the 'real' them, instead of all the moderated discussion over there.

You could really get some street cred here if you posted a pic of your cock  :eyebrows:

It's our special ladies welcome to men. Since the guys were always asking new girls for pictures of their breasts. Rude, aren't we?

http://www.intensitysquared.com/index.php/topic,16787.0.html

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #85 on: February 26, 2011, 08:09:15 PM »
It doesn't matter where you come from Midlifeaspie as i think a diverse range of members is required to make any forum worthwhile.  I don't think anyone is uncomfortable that you joined - just a little curious as to why?  To be honest you dont need to justify your reasons,  you can be the dark horse if you want,  but there is lots more to see on here the more you post :thumbup:
blah blah blah

midlifeaspie

« Reply #86 on: February 26, 2011, 08:25:11 PM »

To be really clear, there is absolutely no grounds to ban someone from WP for something they do outside WP.  Maybe in the past things have been different, but banning a member isn't a fun activity I look forward to for kicks.  Spammers and blatant trolls need to be banned immediately for the good of the site, but having to ban a participating member who once contributed to the diversity and enjoyment of the community can be seen as a failure on both sides.  I believe that if the rules are unambiguous and easily available just about everyone will choose to follow them.

I also believe that a site full of Aspies should be forgiving of outbursts, meltdowns and other activities that fall outside of a member's normal behavior.  As a moderator I want to work with people, not flex and strut.

I am here to learn.  This site has a long history that is intimately linked to WP, and I just want to understand it.  I have only been a member of WP since November and only been posting since December.  I have now been a moderator for three weeks and I have a lot to learn.

midlifeaspie

« Reply #87 on: February 26, 2011, 08:28:11 PM »
With all due respect, you aren't that special. Every new member is interesting, it's just a natural curiosity

Every new member is queried when they use the search feature?

If anyone is curious about me, feel free to ask  :angel:

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #88 on: February 26, 2011, 08:28:51 PM »

To be really clear, there is absolutely no grounds to ban someone from WP for something they do outside WP.  Maybe in the past things have been different, but banning a member isn't a fun activity I look forward to for kicks.  Spammers and blatant trolls need to be banned immediately for the good of the site, but having to ban a participating member who once contributed to the diversity and enjoyment of the community can be seen as a failure on both sides.  I believe that if the rules are unambiguous and easily available just about everyone will choose to follow them.

I also believe that a site full of Aspies should be forgiving of outbursts, meltdowns and other activities that fall outside of a member's normal behavior.  As a moderator I want to work with people, not flex and strut.

I am here to learn.  This site has a long history that is intimately linked to WP, and I just want to understand it.  I have only been a member of WP since November and only been posting since December.  I have now been a moderator for three weeks and I have a lot to learn.

In that case, I look forward to getting to know you better :2thumbsup: :2thumbsup: :2thumbsup:
« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 08:32:26 PM by Butterflies »

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #89 on: February 26, 2011, 08:33:37 PM »

To be really clear, there is absolutely no grounds to ban someone from WP for something they do outside WP.  Maybe in the past things have been different, but banning a member isn't a fun activity I look forward to for kicks.  Spammers and blatant trolls need to be banned immediately for the good of the site, but having to ban a participating member who once contributed to the diversity and enjoyment of the community can be seen as a failure on both sides.  I believe that if the rules are unambiguous and easily available just about everyone will choose to follow them.

I also believe that a site full of Aspies should be forgiving of outbursts, meltdowns and other activities that fall outside of a member's normal behavior.  As a moderator I want to work with people, not flex and strut.

I am here to learn.  This site has a long history that is intimately linked to WP, and I just want to understand it.  I have only been a member of WP since November and only been posting since December.  I have now been a moderator for three weeks and I have a lot to learn.

I only posted at WP regularly for maybe a few months, short time, similar to you, when I was introduced to here.

I never really went back to WP very often after that. I found it like going back to primary school - I know it has it's place, and some people get a lot out of it, but I liked it more here where you really got to know most members. I also liked that when I got questioned on my opinion on something, I often found that deep down it was not necessarily wrong, but there were times where I had been hypocritical. I don't think you get that level of self reflection at times over at WP. It just feels like a lot of people in a 'sanitised' environment, which is fine.

I just think that with AS, that's what we are continually expected to do....amend our thoughts, trim our words, restrain ourselves.

I liked that I didn't have to do that here.