Author Topic: Hello midlifeaspie  (Read 17886 times)

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: Hello midlifeaspie
« Reply #90 on: February 26, 2011, 08:39:36 PM »
With all due respect, you aren't that special. Every new member is interesting, it's just a natural curiosity

Every new member is queried when they use the search feature?

If anyone is curious about me, feel free to ask  :angel:

We can all see what each other are doing. In fact, we have a thread  called 'Caught Snooping' where we tease each other about it on just about a daily basis actually.
http://www.intensitysquared.com/index.php/topic,3760.0.html
« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 08:41:37 PM by SmilingAssassin »

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #91 on: February 26, 2011, 08:40:55 PM »
If anyone is curious about me, feel free to ask  

Ok,  i admit i went to WP and 'spied' your profile :zoinks:

and it said you were born in 1976.   I was born in 1971

so i just wonder why you call yerself  'midlife'  cus i can tell you

i am older than you and have decided my midlife will start when i am 40 years old.

If you really were born in 1976 and are 'mid life'  then my theory is down the toilet :'(

and i shall be changing my own name to midlifecrissis methinks :screwy: :screwy: :screwy:
blah blah blah

midlifeaspie

« Reply #92 on: February 26, 2011, 08:48:39 PM »
so i just wonder why you call yerself  'midlife'  

It's funny that you ask as nobody ever has before.  When I created that screen name I had known I had Aspergers for about two weeks.  Before I joined WP I thought that a diagnosis at that age must be extremely rare.  One of the first things I discovered over there is that I am not alone in this.  By midlife, I really meant "late diagnosed".  It was a name I didn't put much thought into.  I kept it in coming over here because I wanted you all to know who I was and not think I was trying to sneak in the back door.

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #93 on: February 26, 2011, 08:50:20 PM »

It's funny that you ask as nobody ever has before.  When I created that screen name I had known I had Aspergers for about two weeks.  Before I joined WP I thought that a diagnosis at that age must be extremely rare.  One of the first things I discovered over there is that I am not alone in this.  By midlife, I really meant "late diagnosed".  It was a name I didn't put much thought into.  I kept it in coming over here because I wanted you all to know who I was and not think I was trying to sneak in the back door.

pheeeww  i am still 'young'  then until next year :thumbup:
blah blah blah

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #94 on: February 26, 2011, 08:51:27 PM »
If anyone is curious about me, feel free to ask  

Ok,  i admit i went to WP and 'spied' your profile :zoinks:

and it said you were born in 1976.   I was born in 1971

so i just wonder why you call yerself  'midlife'  cus i can tell you

i am older than you and have decided my midlife will start when i am 40 years old.

If you really were born in 1976 and are 'mid life'  then my theory is down the toilet :'(

and i shall be changing my own name to midlifecrissis methinks :screwy: :screwy: :screwy:

Yes. I must agree with that. You're 34/35. That is not mid-life to me. I don't want to be middle-aged until I'm at least in my mid forties. I saw the avater of your kid, and he is cute, but surely you have another 5-10 years before you should even think of being mid-lifed :laugh:

It's funny that you ask as nobody ever has before.  When I created that screen name I had known I had Aspergers for about two weeks.  Before I joined WP I thought that a diagnosis at that age must be extremely rare.  One of the first things I discovered over there is that I am not alone in this.  By midlife, I really meant "late diagnosed".  It was a name I didn't put much thought into.  I kept it in coming over here because I wanted you all to know who I was and not think I was trying to sneak in the back door.

Funnilly enough, that's why I called myself Butterflies, rather than pick a new username that suits me better. I thought it better that everyone who knows me, knows who I am.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 09:11:12 PM by Butterflies »

midlifeaspie

« Reply #95 on: February 26, 2011, 08:55:02 PM »
midlifeaspie: Sea Tart is Zombie Bitch.  :)

Not squid_thing?   :squiddy:

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #96 on: February 26, 2011, 08:58:08 PM »

pheeeww  i am still 'young'  then until next year :thumbup:

No way, 40 is the new 30. I always think midlife as being 50 something....surely  :o

Offline Squidusa

• Cephalopod Succubus of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #97 on: February 26, 2011, 09:00:42 PM »
midlifeaspie: Sea Tart is Zombie Bitch.  :)

Not squid_thing?   :squiddy:

You recognised my name , my you are charming  :eyelash:
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

nice is just something written on biscuits.  

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #98 on: February 26, 2011, 09:26:36 PM »

When I saw your avatar on WP, I incorrectly assumed that you were a woman.  Sorry about that.

How old is your son and is he on the spectrum too?  He's a cutie.

midlifeaspie

« Reply #99 on: February 26, 2011, 10:03:37 PM »
He is two, and non-verbal.  Don't know about AS yet - we are just starting him on speech therapy next week  :(

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #100 on: February 26, 2011, 10:29:01 PM »
He is two, and non-verbal.  Don't know about AS yet - we are just starting him on speech therapy next week  :(

They can test two year olds for autism, and the odds of having a child with autism are higher since you have AS.

Are you going to be having speech therapists over to your house or visiting them at their office?

We started our daughter with speech therapy when she was three and I think that it helped her even though she still has speech issues, mostly with articulation.  Is your son using sign language or PECS at all?  A friend's two year old is learning some signs and he has a few words since starting speech therapy.

Scrapheap

« Reply #101 on: February 26, 2011, 10:30:52 PM »
Question for you mla:

How does the moderation behavior of the WP staff, the constant deletion and editing of posts, the locking of threads the arbitrary bannings etc... differ in a meaningful way, from the behavior of The Ministry of Truth in George Orwell's 1984??  ::)  ::)  ::)

Osensitive1

« Reply #102 on: February 26, 2011, 10:56:27 PM »
1984 is a literary classic, not real life.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 11:03:43 PM by Jack »

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #103 on: February 26, 2011, 11:21:20 PM »
Question for you mla:

How does the moderation behavior of the WP staff, the constant deletion and editing of posts, the locking of threads the arbitrary bannings etc... differ in a meaningful way, from the behavior of The Ministry of Truth in George Orwell's 1984??  ::)  ::)  ::)

Oh, yeah, I neglected to mention that a few of us are pissed off with the moderators of WP. I left WP for that very reason years ago as the moderators were bending the rules, abusing their position by being overzealous, over-protective and most importantly ban-happy. It seems nothing has changed, considering the recent drama.
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #104 on: February 26, 2011, 11:30:56 PM »
Question for you mla:

Oh, yeah, I neglected to mention that a few of us are pissed off with the moderators of WP. I left WP for that very reason years ago as the moderators were bending the rules, abusing their position by being overzealous, over-protective and most importantly ban-happy. It seems nothing has changed, considering the recent drama.

Leejosepho did totally lose the plot, but I think he was a decent guy. Just very misguided. I'm still in shock that he twice accused me of hate speech :LOL: . That accusation will live with me until I die :laugh: :laugh:

I honestly think he might have been a decent mod. I just can't believe he was let loose in the PPR sub-forum :dunno: :screwy: :dunno: