Author Topic: Change a TV channel manually?  (Read 1067 times)

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
Re: Change a TV channel manually?
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2011, 12:59:51 AM »
They were like pieces of art back then. Don't get me wrong. Modern tvs have better pictures and all that, but they will never look as smart as the old ones.
The new ultra slim flat screen are pretty darn smart looking, must say.

Of course. Id rather watch the World Cup on my modern flat screen. But for actual beauty, nothingbeats the old wooden tvs.

We never had a beautiful old wooden cabinet for our TV, we just had the cart with wheels.  :P
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2011, 01:06:01 AM »
They were like pieces of art back then. Don't get me wrong. Modern tvs have better pictures and all that, but they will never look as smart as the old ones.

Of course. Id rather watch the World Cup on my modern flat screen. But for actual beauty, nothingbeats the old wooden tvs.

We never had a beautiful old wooden cabinet for our TV, we just had the cart with wheels.  :P

Aww. You're probably not old enough to remember the really old TVs. I've seen them in antique shops, and they're lovely.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2011, 01:08:02 AM »

Aww. You're probably not old enough to remember the really old TVs. I've seen them in antique shops, and they're lovely.

The one parts posted here is quite nice.  :thumbup:

People forget.

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2011, 01:11:17 AM »

"quite nice" I think it's beautifull. I love that type of thing. I just never get around to going out and buying stuff like that. It would mean getting it delivered, and dealing with delivery men :zombiefuck: :zombiefuck: :zombiefuck: :zombiefuck: :zombiefuck: :zombiefuck:

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2011, 01:22:38 AM »

"quite nice" I think it's beautifull. I love that type of thing. I just never get around to going out and buying stuff like that. It would mean getting it delivered, and dealing with delivery men :zombiefuck: :zombiefuck: :zombiefuck: :zombiefuck: :zombiefuck: :zombiefuck:

Maybe your cousin would rent a truck for the day and help you.  :viking:

People forget.

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2011, 01:25:40 PM »

He's not much use at that kind of thing. If there's any heavy lifting to do, I'm the one who has to do it :grrr: :grrr: :grrr:

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2011, 02:19:25 PM »

He's not much use at that kind of thing. If there's any heavy lifting to do, I'm the one who has to do it :grrr: :grrr: :grrr:

How do you get materials and such moved about when working on houses?  For me having everything delivered would be very costly
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2011, 02:33:12 PM »

How do you get materials and such moved about when working on houses?  For me having everything delivered would be very costly

Things were easier back when I was doing renovations regularly. My cousin was a lot more motivated, and my uncle was a lot healthier. I had a few guy friends as well who were happy to help out. I had access to a van, so I only got stuff delivered if I needed to. All of this was when I lived in Scotland. Since we've moved over here we have people in Scotland who renovate the houses for us, and we've became really lazy.
That was the one thing my aunt and uncle really felt strongly about. They wanted me and my cousin to do most of the work by ourselves, and get some idea what it's like to work. I loved doing it, he didn't :laugh:. Sadly, it's not possible to do it anymore. I do miss it.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2016, 11:20:24 AM »
  I have an older ( 1990s ) big-ass bulky TV, and every time I turn it on after plugging it back in,
  I have to press a button below the screen to change the channel from 2 to 3 in order to unscramble
  my cable signal.  So, yes, I have the old-school TV-changing skills.  I'm able to rough it if need be!   :checkout:

People forget.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2017, 07:07:33 PM »
  I have an older ( 1990s ) big-ass bulky TV, and every time I turn it on after plugging it back in,
  I have to press a button below the screen to change the channel from 2 to 3 in order to unscramble
  my cable signal.  So, yes, I have the old-school TV-changing skills.  I'm able to rough it if need be!   :checkout:

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand I still have that TV one year later!  :tv:  :dino2:

People forget.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2017, 05:01:45 PM »
Do you have a gramophone too? :zoinks:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2017, 05:15:35 PM »
'

No, I lend her the Royal orchestra occasionally.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2017, 05:23:20 PM »
I have 5 lcd tv's and I'm lucky if I even watch one once a week for more than 20 minutes. Had 6, gave one away.

People throw them out, I pick them up to tinker around with. I'm getting better at fixing them.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2017, 02:15:26 PM »
'

No, I lend her the Royal orchestra occasionally.

Send her Boris Johnson for entertainment so she can get rid of that old TV.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2017, 04:09:13 PM »
Forget about changing the channel manually I have been listening to really old 78s on this in my workshop lately.  Have to crank it up for each side,  I think something is up with the spring but I haven't had time to take it apart yet
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw