Educational

Author Topic: What gender pronouns do you use  (Read 3831 times)

Offline Squidusa

• Cephalopod Succubus of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
Re: What gender pronouns do you use
« Reply #75 on: January 24, 2011, 06:27:55 PM »
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

nice is just something written on biscuits.  

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #76 on: January 25, 2011, 05:12:45 AM »
Do you see me as being dishonest?

I guess I just don't understand why it's a problem for some people

Personally I think it is demeaning yes - I would never refer to a woman as "he" just because she had been born male or was XY. It would feel rude and disrespectful

I think you are identifying with something that you feel and is true and important for you. Is that dishonest? Nope.

I identify very strongly with being an Aussie. This is far more than me knowing or appreciating that I was born in Australia. I identify and associate very strongly to many things real, true or not that associate with "being an Aussie". It doesn't matter a damn if I am viewing these things under bias or rose coloured glasses or whether my concept is weird or different to every other Aussie alive or dead. It is important to me and I don't give a damn who shares that with me. It is personal.

I think it would be rude and disrespectful for anyone to judge me unkindly for not agreeing to call them the pronoun associated with anything other than their biological makeup/birth. I think that is forcing their concepts of gender on me. I think I ought to be entitled to my position.

Why should it matter? I am sure a transexual's identity and position is a personal one. Why would they care or think to change anyone else's position on how they must address and identify with them?

Very well put. :plus:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #77 on: January 25, 2011, 06:25:51 PM »
One funny thing. My left armpit sometimes smell a bit like a wet pussy. No idea why. Have observed it for at least 15 years.  :zombiefuck:

OMG, your armpit may get it's first period soon.

Good observation!
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #78 on: January 25, 2011, 06:32:22 PM »
I think it would be rude and disrespectful for anyone to judge me unkindly for not agreeing to call them the pronoun associated with anything other than their biological makeup/birth. I think that is forcing their concepts of gender on me. I think I ought to be entitled to my position.

Just gonna respond to this bit

I don't think I have been rude or disrespectful to anyone who calls me "she." In fact I usually just ignore it or find it funny. But I also think it's fine if someone does judge someone else who refuses to refer to them as the gender they identify as, if they see that as wrong. I mean we all judge people based on how they act, and if someone acts in a way we think is rude/disrespectful ourselves then we can't really be blamed for judging them badly

I respect other people's rights to refer to someone as whatever they like, and that's fine with me. I would never ask someone to call me "he" if they preferred calling me "she" for whatever reason. But at the same time I also have the right to view that as disrespectful myself. And I don't think that makes me rude. I definitely don't intend to be rude or disrespectful towards you anyway, Les

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #79 on: January 25, 2011, 07:19:04 PM »
Oh hell Soph, if there was a chance of you being pulled up for being sensitive or inconsistent or whatever over being transgendered, it would have happened buy now.
My default for anyone's issue is get over yourself. I simply don't believe you have anything to get over.
You are right in how you perceive yourself I think of you as "Soph". Not as the Autistic person. Not the Pom. Not the dog enthusiast. Not the OCD sufferer. Not the liker of weird bands. Just Soph.
I have no real issue with you being Soph or all the things that make you, you.
I don't think you have a driving need to validate that and I don't think you should. All good.
Furthermore I don't think I need to soul-search as to why I think of you as Soph or where flaws lie in my concept of who or what you are.
That is where I stand on this and I am quite content and comfortable with my position.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #80 on: January 25, 2011, 07:24:59 PM »
Oh hell Soph, if there was a chance of you being pulled up for being sensitive or inconsistent or whatever over being transgendered, it would have happened buy now.

Are you saying you think I am sensitive/inconsistent or you think I'm not ?

And I don't think you need to soul-search over me either - it is up to you how you see me and that is fine with me  8)

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #81 on: January 25, 2011, 07:39:55 PM »
My reading is you are confident and comfortable in who and what you are and like everything about it or not that you accept it all as a part of you. I may be misreading this all completely but I think not.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #82 on: May 22, 2017, 03:55:08 AM »
For GA, it's Kayleigh and she now. It has been 7 years since she started her transition so I am definitely used to it now. Kayleigh and I have a friend who is FTM. We have been friends for about a year and a half. He started his transition when we first met. It has been some time, yet I still have to concentrate on not saying "she". His name is easier, since he changed it when we first met him.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #83 on: June 29, 2017, 07:40:51 AM »
I/Me, He, It, We.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Grey Area

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #84 on: July 28, 2017, 07:28:35 AM »
My pronouns are cunt/cunts/cuntself.
There are no atheists when the toilet water is rising.
:GA:  :trollskull: 

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #85 on: July 28, 2017, 03:22:41 PM »
:rofl:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #86 on: September 12, 2017, 08:02:45 PM »
'I' 'He' 'We', 'It', and name. As in 'Lestat is going to his lab now' or 'lestat wants something to eat', 'it ran It's reaction according to plan' 'he did XYZ' 'we had success in my/our experiments' (referring in all cases to use in the first person tense.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.