Author Topic: Ask the Jesus-esque man questions. Go on.  (Read 2671 times)

Offline SausageofPower

• Fresh Meat
Re: Ask the Jesus-esque man questions. Go on.
« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2006, 02:46:53 PM »
What anime are you currently into right now?

Me? Full Metal Alchemist.

Directed at me? This is gonna take awhile ;p

Well, I'm a big fan of Cowboy Bebop (I own Spike Spiegel's primary firearm in the series, an IMI Jericho) and Gungrave in terms of more serious/gritty animes. I also like Samurai Champloo, Wolf's Rain, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Fruits Basket, Love Hina, FLCL, Trigun, Serial Experiments Lain, Gundam Wing and I own all of DragonBall/Z/GT imported directly from Japan via the 'DragonBox' sets.

I'm sure I'm forgetting some. At the moment, I'm rewatching Love Hina with my girlfriend, since she's never seen it.

-Corey

thepeaguy

« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2006, 02:51:12 PM »

I'm sure I'm forgetting some. At the moment, I'm rewatching Love Hina with my girlfriend, since she's never seen it.

-Corey

What's it about? Is it anything like Tenchi Muyo?

Offline SausageofPower

• Fresh Meat
« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2006, 03:00:20 PM »
What's it about? Is it anything like Tenchi Muyo?

I haven't seen Tenchi Muyo myself, but Love Hina is about your typical pathetic guy who made a promise with a girl when he was little to grow up and grow to Tokyo U together. In typically anime style, he can't remember who the girl was, and when his grandmother leaves him in charge of a girl's only dorm...wackiness ensues. He wonders if one of the girls is the girl he made the promise with, etc...It's a cute series. It's a nice break from the gritty/serious shows (I typically alternate when I watch anime).

-Corey

richard

« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2006, 03:01:36 PM »
whats the story behind your screename? sounds kindof fruity

Offline SausageofPower

• Fresh Meat
« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2006, 08:34:56 PM »

It's a euphemism for penis. A long time ago, SomethingAwful.com or another site had a quiz and asked "What is your favorite peripheral:" and one option was "Sausage of Power." It made me laugh, and now (about 5-6 years later) I've started using it as a screen name.

-Corey

Scrapheap

« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2006, 11:45:47 AM »

It's a euphemism for penis. A long time ago, SomethingAwful.com or another site had a quiz and asked "What is your favorite peripheral:" and one option was "Sausage of Power." It made me laugh, and now (about 5-6 years later) I've started using it as a screen name.

-Corey

That kind of reminds me of the 70's Funk band "Tower of Power"