Educational

Author Topic: YOURMUM listens to your confessions, and gives out Papal advice.  (Read 9802 times)

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: YOURMUM listens to your confessions, and gives out Papal advice.
« Reply #135 on: December 02, 2014, 06:06:43 AM »
Sœur Sourire?

Nah, don't, she got chased by taxes most of her life.

I get chased for taxes all the time only it's not my tax owing. Some clients at work get themselves into real messes.

Anyway, this current incarnation will do for now :P

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #136 on: September 06, 2016, 07:58:04 PM »
What is your favorite thing about where you live?

What is your least favorite thing about where you live??

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #137 on: September 09, 2016, 07:35:24 AM »
My favourite thing would be that it's so easy to drive around here, well compared to a city at least. Also the place is small enough in that you can network effectively and know of people, but big enough in that you'll never the the subject of small town gossip.

My least favourite thing would probably be the dreary shopping options and lack of things to do (as a single person anyway). It's actually dull as a tourist town despite it's touristy promos. Stay for two nights on the way to somewhere else, don't make it your final holiday destination.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #138 on: September 09, 2016, 07:53:15 AM »
If I wanted to stay in a nice part of Liverpool (AIRBNB or Hotel) do you have suggestions? May head down there to catch up with a mate in the Christmas break. Happy for you to join for a drink too if you were so inclined.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #139 on: September 09, 2016, 08:29:22 AM »
I've told you numerous time I don't live in Sydney :laugh:

I live in Port Macquarie, ever been there?

Airbnb is pretty good though. Me and my mum stayed in one for a week while we were holidaying in Sydney. They're really good if you need extra facilities the motels and serviced apartments don't provide, like free onsite security parking etc, particularly when you're looking for somewhere close to the city.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #140 on: September 09, 2016, 08:30:36 AM »
I've told you numerous time I don't live in Sydney :laugh:

Airbnb is pretty good though. Me and my mum stayed in one for a week while we were holidaying in Sydney. They're really good if you need extra facilities the motels and serviced apartments don't provide, like free onsite security parking etc, particularly when you're looking for somewhere close to the city.

Never but I know two things.

Firstly is that it is a LOT closer than Canberra
Secondly that it stirs you up  :angel:
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #141 on: September 09, 2016, 11:19:15 AM »
If I wanted to stay in a nice part of Liverpool (AIRBNB or Hotel) do you have suggestions? May head down there to catch up with a mate in the Christmas break. Happy for you to join for a drink too if you were so inclined.

Liverpool in the UK?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #142 on: September 09, 2016, 03:49:08 PM »

Liverpool in the UK?

No, Liverpool in Sydney.

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #143 on: September 09, 2016, 04:01:51 PM »
My favourite thing would be that it's so easy to drive around here, well compared to a city at least. Also the place is small enough in that you can network effectively and know of people, but big enough in that you'll never the the subject of small town gossip.

That sounds a lot like the place I grew up (Lompoc, Ca) and where I live now (Redmond, Or). A large town/small city with a population of about 30,000.

My least favourite thing would probably be the dreary shopping options and lack of things to do (as a single person anyway). It's actually dull as a tourist town despite it's touristy promos. Stay for two nights on the way to somewhere else, don't make it your final holiday destination.

Fortunately, Redmond doesn't have that problem. It supports several surrounding communities so it has shopping for about 60,000 or more. If you can't find it in Redmond, then you only have to drive 15 min to Bend.

I just looked it up on wiki. Damn it's hot there!!  :zombiefuck:  It looks like it's as hot there as it is in the lower deserts in the US.

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #144 on: September 10, 2016, 08:46:38 AM »
It's probably hot compared to some parts of the US, but this part of Australia is actually considered rather idyllic climate wise, well, idyllic when compared to the rest of the country anyway.

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #145 on: September 10, 2016, 10:23:19 AM »
It's probably hot compared to some parts of the US, but this part of Australia is actually considered rather idyllic climate wise, well, idyllic when compared to the rest of the country anyway.

In other words, if I ever visit Australia, visit in the winter, right?? Every time I see people in Australia in movies or TV, they're usually sweating.  :laugh:

Yeah, I looked at the wiki again and it looks like you have some of the best weather down there.  I've become a little sensitive, weather wise, over the past few years. I've lived on the California central coast for so long that it's spoiled me, it has some of the most mild weather on earth. You should visit the California coast sometime, it's about 10 deg F. cooler than where you live but with less humidity.

I live in the high desert of central Oregon now and I'm surprised at how quick I got used to the weather. For half the year there's a huge swing between daytime and nighttime temperatures. 80+ deg F days and 40 F nights are pretty common. Winters don't feel as cold as the temps indicate because the low humidity doesn't transfer heat as well. All and all it's quite liveable and easy to acclimate to, that's why it's one of the fastest growing areas of the US right now.