Author Topic: Butterflies and Soph v DirtDawg  (Read 2656 times)

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: Butterflies and Soph v DirtDawg
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2011, 08:19:26 PM »
What about this. Was this a joke? Were you serious? It sounsds a bit xenophobic to me.

Guess what?  Bullets are expensive! 

Uuum, I make mine from melted down wheel-weights.

They're pretty cheap for me.  ;)  8)

OK, but have you seriously known a single  Non-American, worth the trouble of casting a bullet or two?

Our country has spent untold billions of dollars of our most precious resources defending the likes of the Brits who fucking dis' us at every opportunity.

What is the point of it all?

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2011, 08:24:28 PM »

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2011, 08:29:51 PM »
DD is awesome 8)

:agreed:

I'm not sure. He appears to have several good points. I just can't understand why he feels the need to be so rude to random people for no reason.

You appear to know him better than I do, and he doesn't seem interested in participating in this thread, so maybe you could tell me if his rudeness is meant as a joke? If it's not a joke, do you know why he feels the need to be so rude?

Offline Semicolon

• The Punctuated Equilibrium Of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I am an echolalic mastodon.
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2011, 08:33:53 PM »
DD is awesome 8)

I'm not sure. He appears to have several good points. I just can't understand why he feels the need to be so rude to random people for no reason.

You appear to know him better than I do, and he doesn't seem interested in participating in this thread, so maybe you could tell me if his rudeness is meant as a joke? If it's not a joke, do you know why he feels the need to be so rude?

I don't think that he's been online recently. I've been watching for him, but I haven't seen him.  :-\
I2 has a smiley for everything. Even a hamster wheel. :hamsterwheel:

Quote from: iamnotaparakeet
Jesus died on the cross to show us that BDSM is a legitimate form of love.
There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2011, 08:35:17 PM »
DD is awesome 8)

I don't think that he's been online recently. I've been watching for him, but I haven't seen him.  :-\

I know, but he prefers to answer things in his own time, so I suppose he can read this whenever he chooses.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2011, 08:46:32 PM »
DD is awesome 8)

I think some of what DirtDawg says is intended to be humorous, but also thought provoking.  I know that he makes me think.

I think sometimes in the past when he has gotten upset with other people, it was because he missed the cues that they intended to be humorous.

I think that he has two children and a wife in a real life that are of much higher priority to him than promptly answering a question asked of him here.

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2011, 08:54:44 PM »
DD is awesome 8)

I think some of what DirtDawg says is intended to be humorous, but also thought provoking.  I know that he makes me think.

I think sometimes in the past when he has gotten upset with other people, it was because he missed the cues that they intended to be humorous.

I think that he has two children and a wife in a real life that are of much higher priority to him than promptly answering a question asked of him here.

Right. You mean he doesn't pick up well on social cues very well. Fair enough.

I think some of what DirtDawg says is intended to be humorous, but also thought provoking.  I know that he makes me think.

It might be a good idea for him to make it clearer that he is trying to be humerous. As you probably saw in the other thread, quite a few folk seem to think he's just being rude.

I don't think that was a problem for him today, or yesterday. He didn't seem to have any problems finding the time to post in a lot of other threads.

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2011, 09:23:48 PM »
:cheer: :cheer: :bonban:  :bonban: :jerry: :jerry: :bonban: :bonban: :cheer: :cheer:

Butterflies isn't this like your third callout this month?   :zombiefuck: :lol:

You are one argumentative little butterfly  :orly:

Yes. I can be argumrntative :laugh: . I didn't call out Richard, he called out me. I'm still not sure what it was about.

Who was the other callout I was involved in?

Offline Squidusa

• Cephalopod Succubus of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2011, 09:34:52 PM »
:cheer: :cheer: :bonban:  :bonban: :jerry: :jerry: :bonban: :bonban: :cheer: :cheer:

Yes. I can be argumrntative :laugh: . I didn't call out Richard, he called out me. I'm still not sure what it was about.

Oh yes now I remember ,and I dunno thought it was 3 for some reason  :orly:

Shall i call you out now just so you can have a record of 3 callouts in a month?  :P
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

nice is just something written on biscuits.  

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2011, 09:36:30 PM »

Shall i call you out now just so you can have a record of 3 callouts in a month?  :P

You're welcome to call me out, but you're too nice, and I've nothing bad to say to you. It would be a boring callout :hug:

Offline Squidusa

• Cephalopod Succubus of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2011, 09:40:55 PM »

You're welcome to call me out, but you're too nice, and I've nothing bad to say to you. It would be a boring callout :hug:

there called you out  :P
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

nice is just something written on biscuits.  

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2011, 06:03:54 AM »
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline iceman1985

• Incessant Poster
  • Bow to me!
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2011, 02:12:34 PM »
cant we all just get along
My little piece of hell
stay the fuck out of it

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2011, 05:42:03 AM »
DD is awesome 8)

Butterflies, I used to find DD quite inflammatory at times, and I have noticed that he can be quite harsh with you. Maybe he just sees certain posts and doesn't have a fuller picture of you.

I agree with Callaways points above for the most part, however, I really have noticed a harshness at times to you when I know your original post has not been abrasive.

I'd say sometimes DD comes here to relax when he is stressed and he reads things out of context. As Callaway said, missing cues. I can do it myself, we all do.

I get your wondering about what you've done. I remember changing my username years back and he lost his shit at me about something when I thought he knew it was me. Just stand your ground, don't take it to heart. I don't think you've done anything wrong, he can come across as abrasive when he's overloaded. Again, often we come here to relax when we are overloaded. Many times I've looked back on things I've written and really thought how harsh or misinformed I've been also.

At the end of the day, we've all clashed heads, I think over time we all see the goodness in many members - but the site is here for exactly the things it provokes sometimes...we get to test our thoughts and ideas, and often find the things we get so irate about, are the very things we really can be hypocritical about also. I think DD does admit and does show his humanness and failings.

But yep, he used to upset and attack the hell out of me in the beginning...or so it felt at the time because his comments can come left of centre and appear harsh. I get where you are coming from Butterflies, absolutely. x