Author Topic: OK, Let's do it again. Why do you Brits have such retarded, faggotty gun laws?  (Read 15401 times)

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Yeah I think you're right. He has been here a long time I think. Also he's older. The old members here don't usually like shitting on other old people, especially ones who have kids. If you're young and childless, you're more likely to get called out on your behaviour from what I have seen

I don't recall anyone criticising DD much before (hey his name is Callaway's bra size :autism: ), but I might be wrong.

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Yeah I think you're right. He has been here a long time I think. Also he's older. The old members here don't usually like shitting on other old people, especially ones who have kids. If you're young and childless, you're more likely to get called out on your behaviour from what I have seen

I don't recall anyone criticising DD much before (hey his name is Callaway's bra size :autism: ), but I might be wrong.

Right. That kind of makes sense to me. TBH it had always puzzled me.

Scrapheap

If it is his humour then that's cool. If he was just taking the piss or trolling then obviously it worked and hats off to him. But I got the feeling he was being serious, genuinely got pissed off at my gun thread. And if that is the case then he's just being an ass

I've had difficulty in figuring out when he's joking too.  :-\

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
People here seem to miss it a lot when I'm joking as well - but I don't flip out and go crazy at people like he does, so I don't see it as a problem really. If someone's acting like they're really pissed off though, it'd be better to make it obvious if they're joking. If you want to get on well with other members anyway

Scrapheap

If it is his humour then that's cool. If he was just taking the piss or trolling then obviously it worked and hats off to him. But I got the feeling he was being serious, genuinely got pissed off at my gun thread. And if that is the case then he's just being an ass

I've had difficulty in figuring out when he's joking too.  :-\

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
People here seem to miss it a lot when I'm joking as well - but I don't flip out and go crazy at people like he does, so I don't see it as a problem really. If someone's acting like they're really pissed off though, it'd be better to make it obvious if they're joking. If you want to get on well with other members anyway

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore

I've a feeling we're gonna be on his ignore list as soon as he reads this thread :laugh:

I've had difficulty in figuring out when he's joking too.  :-\

If I knew he was joking I would probably never have had a problem with him.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Being put on someone's ignore list means you've WON  :2thumbsup:

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore

Only partly. It also means you lose the ability to rub their nose in it :( It's no fun if they can't read your insults.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Yeah but remember, most people who put someone on ignore still read that person's posts - they just can't resist the temptation :P

Scrapheap

Only partly. It also means you lose the ability to rub their nose in it :( It's no fun if they can't read your insults.

IIRC, you can still read an ignored person's posts if you click on "Most Recent Posts".

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
There's also a reveal button by each of their posts in any thread they posted in, so it's easy to still read themm

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Yeah but remember, most people who put someone on ignore still read that person's posts - they just can't resist the temptation :P

Then that suggests they're only putting the person on ignore to make a point to them, and they want the person on ignore to know they've pissed them off. I'm hardly likely to feel bad if I know that I've pissed of DerpDawg.

I know you can read ignored posts, but if DerpDawg puts me on ignore, it will obviously be because he doesn't want to read what I have to say.

Offline skyblue1

• Overlooked of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
And also. America sees itself as some kind of defender of the free. Surely it had a moral obligation to stand side by side with its "free" friends and fight Naziism, rather than staying out of the majority of the fight. It was quick enough to expect its alies to join in it's pathetic war on terror in Iraq of all places. I've never understood the American view of "helping us in WW2"

There is no "American view". America is possibly the most politically diverse country in the world. When you say, "America sees itself" or "the American view", you are falling into the same pattern of stereotyping that you are criticizing DirtDawg for engaging in.

Yes. It was a poor choice of phrase. I meant those who see Ameruca as the white knight of WW2.
The American people did not want to fight in either one of your fucking wars. 2 False flag operations ( Lusitania,and Pearl Harbor) were foisted on the american people to piss us off enough to fight. Do not downplay the deaths of our military.

If you do.....Fuck you and the horse you rode in on.

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
And also. America sees itself as some kind of defender of the free. Surely it had a moral obligation to stand side by side with its "free" friends and fight Naziism, rather than staying out of the majority of the fight. It was quick enough to expect its alies to join in it's pathetic war on terror in Iraq of all places. I've never understood the American view of "helping us in WW2"

There is no "American view". America is possibly the most politically diverse country in the world. When you say, "America sees itself" or "the American view", you are falling into the same pattern of stereotyping that you are criticizing DirtDawg for engaging in.

Yes. It was a poor choice of phrase. I meant those who see Ameruca as the white knight of WW2.
The American people did not want to fight in either one of your fucking wars. 2 False flag operations ( Lusitania,and Pearl Harbor) were foisted on the american people to piss us off enough to fight. Do not downplay the deaths of our military.

If you do.....Fuck you and the horse you rode in on.

Yes. And the British people were honoured to fight in Iraq and Afghanistan  :hahaha: