Educational

Author Topic: OK, Let's do it again. Why do you Brits have such retarded, faggotty gun laws?  (Read 15420 times)

Osensitive1

So, why were we in Iraq?
The majority of Americans have the same question.

Osensitive1

Oh, and oil. Like I said, money.

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
And also. America sees itself as some kind of defender of the free. Surely it had a moral obligation to stand side by side with its "free" friends and fight Naziism, rather than staying out of the majority of the fight. It was quick enough to expect its alies to join in it's pathetic war on terror in Iraq of all places. I've never understood the American view of "helping us in WW2"

There is no "American view". America is possibly the most politically diverse country in the world. When you say, "America sees itself" or "the American view", you are falling into the same pattern of stereotyping that you are criticizing DirtDawg for engaging in.

Yes. It was a poor choice of phrase. I meant those who see Ameruca as the white knight of WW2.

We might not have won it by ourselfs but  without the manufacturing power and the military of the US you would have been in very sad shape.  We supplied a lot of the arms for all the allies.  As for our current venture in Iraq I tend to agree

I'm not arguing about who won the war. I'm saying that America, in my eyes had an absolute moral responsibilty to stand side by side with us throughout WW2 against the forces of Nazism.

You're wrong. All governments have a responsibility to act in the interests of their citizens, whatever those interests may be.

I disagree with that. I think governments have a duty to stand up for what they see as the right thing to do.

I'm not really interested in debating this at the moment though. TBH I'm more pissed at DirtDawg and would like to know if he's for real with his comments.

Very well, although I still disagree with your opinion.

That's cool. That's what a good argument is all about, and I'll be happy to re-engage with you on the topic. I just can't really have a proper debate with you though when I am genuinely pissed off at someone else.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 08:12:41 PM by Butterflies »

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Personally I think starting this thread, and then running away and not answering questions that were directed at him makes DD seem either a coward, which I'm guessing he isn't, or someone trying to troll for a reaction :thumbdn: :thumbdn: :thumbdn:

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
Personally I think starting this thread, and then running away and not answering questions that were directed at him makes DD seem either a coward, which I'm guessing he isn't, or someone trying to troll for a reaction :thumbdn: :thumbdn: :thumbdn:

I reckon he'll be back.  :chin:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Semicolon

• The Punctuated Equilibrium Of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I am an echolalic mastodon.

Possibly, although he is responding to other threads (which I see popping up in my "Unread Posts" screen). Maybe he's just busy.
I2 has a smiley for everything. Even a hamster wheel. :hamsterwheel:

Quote from: iamnotaparakeet
Jesus died on the cross to show us that BDSM is a legitimate form of love.
There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore

I reckon he'll be back.  :chin:

Welll, it's been an hour and 20 minutes. It kind of looks like he was trying to cause trouble :thumbdn:

Possibly, although he is responding to other threads (which I see popping up in my "Unread Posts" screen). Maybe he's just busy.

The board isn't that busy, and he doesn't seem to have been making long posts elsewhere :thumbdn:

Offline Semicolon

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore

The board isn't that busy, and he doesn't seem to have been making long posts elsewhere :thumbdn:

:-\

To give DirtDawg the benefit of the doubt, I will point out that Callaway takes a relatively long time to compose relatively short posts, although her posts are usually more thoughtful than DirtDawg's. It is possible that he simply types slowly.

On the other hand, he could be a troll who was upset with the title of Heinrich's thread.

There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
I think I have made my position quite clear over the past evening.

I live in a country that invites one to defend oneself, upon principle. Not all of our populace can do so, however. Those retard throw-backs often expect us who CAN defend them to step forward every time the need arises.

If not, then they ALL end up in the evening news as horror stories.

Guess what?  Bullets are expensive! 

The British defeated the Argentinians without outside assistance.

Oh yeah. Did anyone make a notation?
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Semicolon

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
I think I have made my position quite clear over the past evening.

I live in a country that invites one to defend oneself, upon principle. Not all of our populace can do so, however. Those retard throw-backs often expect us who CAN defend them to step forward every time the need arises.

If not, then they ALL end up in the evening news as horror stories.

Guess what?  Bullets are expensive!  

The British defeated the Argentinians without outside assistance.

Oh yeah. Did anyone make a notation?

??? What do you mean? ???

Osensitive1

It's not an uncommon American viewpoint. He seems to be saying you think our guns are bad until you need the protection of them. He may have been speaking of his fellow anti-gun Americans as well, but I can't speak for him or be certain. He could have phrased it more diplomatically to make it an easier pill to swallow. He doesn't seem the diplomatic type though.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 08:38:27 PM by Osensitive1 »

Osensitive1

Sorry for the third person reference, Dirtdog.

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
It's not an uncommon American viewpoint. He seems to be saying you think our guns are bad until you need the protection of them. He may have been speaking of his fellow anti-gun Americans as well, but I can't speak for him or be certain. Though he could have phrased it more diplomatically to make it an easier pill to swallow. He doesn't seem the diplomatic type though.

I'm not arguing about the America v Britain thing. For me that was all just a laugh. I like debating stuff. I have no problem with America at all.

My problem is totally DDs attitude.

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
I asked him a question, and he has so far refused to answer it. In my opinion that is the height of ignorance.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 08:51:37 PM by Butterflies »

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
If it is all about the morals then why no action on other fronts in the last 40 years.  You know the poor ones like Africa pretty much the whole continent  is fucked much of it can be traced to European imperialism and the interference since.  Government do the things they do for their own reasons it's rarely has anything to do with morals and what they do doesn't accurately reflect how the people who live there feel much of the time
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw