Author Topic: Abortion due to sex  (Read 3077 times)

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Abortion due to sex
« Reply #45 on: April 07, 2011, 11:18:10 AM »
 :facepalm2:

Did you read the first quoted post?

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #46 on: April 07, 2011, 11:23:13 AM »
:facepalm2:

Did you read the first quoted post?

Of course, I read the whole entire thread again, today.

Do you think that it would be OK to abort a child if he had a problem with his penis?

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #47 on: April 07, 2011, 11:25:27 AM »
I think I heard about it on Babycenter. I find it sick kind of to abort a baby over a gender they didn't want. I wanted a girl really bad because I find girl clothes cuter and wanted to use my baby clothes on my baby but I was very disappointed when it turned out to be a boy. But I couldn't abort him for it. I was already at 20 weeks and I didn't want to lose another baby. But I learned to embrace it and I am glad I had this baby.

Playing god people call it.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #48 on: April 07, 2011, 11:25:39 AM »
I have no idea how you read that from my post

And yes, I think it's ok to abort a "child" (your words) for any reason whatsoever, up to a ppoint

midlifeaspie

« Reply #49 on: April 07, 2011, 12:32:45 PM »
I support first trimester abortions for ... autism

This is what I was trying to get at.

So what is the point of this post?  You agree with their right to abort the fetus based on gender.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #50 on: April 08, 2011, 06:48:35 AM »
I still don't understand your point

I thinkpeople should be able to abort for any reason, including autism

They should be able to abort the fetus based on gender if it is in the first trimester, can you find out gender then though? I should probably know more about this as my mum is a midwife :autism:

My point was that it is wrong to put so much on the sex of your baby unless it is for health reasons - you are then going by what you WANT your kid to be like. what if he/she doesn't live up to those expectations

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #51 on: April 08, 2011, 07:11:57 AM »
I still don't understand your point

I thinkpeople should be able to abort for any reason, including autism

They should be able to abort the fetus based on gender if it is in the first trimester, can you find out gender then though? I should probably know more about this as my mum is a midwife :autism:

My point was that it is wrong to put so much on the sex of your baby unless it is for health reasons - you are then going by what you WANT your kid to be like. what if he/she doesn't live up to those expectations

I think if someone's pure motivation to have a child is for the 'sex' of the child, then no, I can't support abortion, I think people need to reassess why they want to bring a child in the world. Look at your situation Soph, being born a female, doesn't mean you are going to meet your own parents expectations of what that means to them, so no, I think it's fuzzy logic.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #52 on: April 08, 2011, 07:20:20 AM »
But should they even be having that child in that case?

I support early abortion for any reason. I think it gets tricky once people start saying you can for this but you can't for that etc

My situation is probably the reason I feel these people really SHOULDN'T be having kids in the first place

Offline Eclair

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #53 on: April 08, 2011, 08:11:48 AM »
I support early abortion for any reason. I think it gets tricky once people start saying you can for this but you can't for that etc

My situation is probably the reason I feel these people really SHOULDN'T be having kids in the first place

I'm sorry, you've lost me. You support gender choice through abortion, but then put above, 'but should they even be having a child in the first place'?

Which is exactly why I said gender is NOT a reason to abort. The only circumstance is where there is an undeniable genetic predisposition for severe defects based on a particular gender. That being said...the best laid plans can bring into the world a child with a disability...so in my mind, your either in, or your out and have to take the good with the bad in having a child and certainly gender should be the least of a couple's worries, and absolutely an abominable reason to abort.

You seem to have made a flip on your case to abort on gender....or perhaps you aren't being clear on what issues you think gender should play into abortion?

midlifeaspie

« Reply #54 on: April 08, 2011, 08:14:31 AM »

I'm sorry, you've lost me. You support gender choice through abortion, but then put above, 'but should they even be having a child in the first place'?

Which is exactly why I said gender is NOT a reason to abort. The only circumstance is where there is an undeniable genetic predisposition for severe defects based on a particular gender. That being said...the best laid plans can bring into the world a child with a disability...so in my mind, your either in, or your out and have to take the good with the bad in having a child and certainly gender should be the least of a couple's worries, and absolutely an abominable reason to abort.

You seem to have made a flip on your case to abort on gender....or perhaps you aren't being clear on what issues you think gender should play into abortion?

I interpreted his position as being pro-abortion in all cases for any reason, except gender.  I found it a confusing stance to make.

Offline vodz

• psych0naught
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Entrianglement.
« Reply #55 on: April 08, 2011, 08:44:55 AM »
I think I heard about it on Babycenter. I find it sick kind of to abort a baby over a gender they didn't want. I wanted a girl really bad because I find girl clothes cuter and wanted to use my baby clothes on my baby but I was very disappointed when it turned out to be a boy. But I couldn't abort him for it. I was already at 20 weeks and I didn't want to lose another baby. But I learned to embrace it and I am glad I had this baby.

Wait wait wait hold on stop, diaper girl is breeding now?
Who let this happen!? :zombiefuck:
This brain could do with some more dimethyltryptamine.

What is the difference between ignorance and apathy? "I don't know and I don't care."

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #56 on: April 08, 2011, 08:52:24 AM »
No I think people should be able to have abortions for any reason, including gender. I don't like it and I don't think it's cool, but I support abortion for any reason as long as it''s first trimester.

The fact that people wouldabort because of that just highlights what I think IS the problem though - people caring too much about the sex of their child when it should be irrelevant unless they are medical reasons why

I still support their aborting though, because I think abortionshould be allowed in ANY case, regardles of the reason

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #57 on: April 08, 2011, 08:53:01 AM »

Wait wait wait hold on stop, diaper girl is breeding now?
Who let this happen!? :zombiefuck:

Yeah she had a baby a few months ago :orly:

Offline Eclair

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #58 on: April 08, 2011, 08:54:47 AM »
No I think people should be able to have abortions for any reason, including gender. I don't like it and I don't think it's cool, but I support abortion for any reason as long as it''s first trimester.

The fact that people wouldabort because of that just highlights what I think IS the problem though - people caring too much about the sex of their child when it should be irrelevant unless they are medical reasons why

I still support their aborting though, because I think abortionshould be allowed in ANY case, regardles of the reason

Well, you have a point. If the parents really want to abort that much, for a stupid reason like gender, then it's probably for the best anyway.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #59 on: April 08, 2011, 08:56:09 AM »
that's what I mean

They're not exactly gonna be good parents to him if they wanted to abort him because he wasn't a girl (or vice versa)