Educational

Author Topic: Abortion due to sex  (Read 3055 times)

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Abortion due to sex
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2011, 07:29:17 PM »
But you're wanting a child to specifically have a vagina ?

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2011, 07:31:47 PM »
Aren't all abortions due to sex? ;)

Nope. That statement is congruent to a bold-faced lie. 

Pregnancy is indeed due to sex, but abortions are most often performed due to a lack of faith in ones ability to deal with the future.

The ultimate result of any completed pregnancy will mean that all the old, dependable ways of thinking have just changed.

It is up to those who are pregnant to make a determination (legally, but morally, making this determination draws from many other concerns) whether a massive change is for the good or for the bad.

1. A lie requires a deliberate attempt to deceive.
2. Abortion is due to pregnancy. Pregnancy is due to sex. Even in the case of IVF or other artificial methods of embryo development, the use of the method is usually preceded by a failure to conceive through natural means. Furthermore, even when a couple does not attempt conception through natural means, the makeup of the reproductive system still results from sex, so even these pregnancies are traceable to sex. Without sex, we would not have the reproductive system that we have.
3. An action can have more than one cause.
4. I was joking.

I accept that you were joking.

The rest is nonsense.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Semicolon

• The Punctuated Equilibrium Of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I am an echolalic mastodon.
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2011, 07:41:16 PM »

Pregnancy is indeed due to sex, but abortions are most often performed due to a lack of faith in ones ability to deal with the future.

The ultimate result of any completed pregnancy will mean that all the old, dependable ways of thinking have just changed.

It is up to those who are pregnant to make a determination (legally, but morally, making this determination draws from many other concerns) whether a massive change is for the good or for the bad.

2. Abortion is due to pregnancy. Pregnancy is due to sex. Even in the case of IVF or other artificial methods of embryo development, the use of the method is usually preceded by a failure to conceive through natural means. Furthermore, even when a couple does not attempt conception through natural means, the makeup of the reproductive system still results from sex, so even these pregnancies are traceable to sex. Without sex, we would not have the reproductive system that we have.
4. I was joking.

The rest is nonsense.

Quote from: Webster's Dictionary, 1913
Lie (Page: 849)

Lie, v. i. [imp. & p. p. Lied (?); p. pr. & vb. n. Lying (?).] [OE. lien, lien, leen, leoen, AS. leógan; akin to D. liegen, OS. & OHG. liogan, G. l\'81gen, Icel. ljga, Sw. ljuga, Dan.lyve, Goth. liugan, Russ. lgate.] To utter falsehood with an intention to deceive; to say or do that which is intended to deceive another, when he a right to know the truth, or when morality requires a just representation.

2. This is still correct.

3. Let's say that Person A throws a ball in front of a car. Person B, who is driving the car, then hits that ball. The event of the car hitting the ball is caused by both Person A throwing the ball and Person B driving the car. If either person had been performing a different action, the event would not have occurred.
I2 has a smiley for everything. Even a hamster wheel. :hamsterwheel:

Quote from: iamnotaparakeet
Jesus died on the cross to show us that BDSM is a legitimate form of love.
There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2011, 08:01:30 PM »

4. I was joking.

The rest is nonsense.

Lie, v. i. [imp. & p. p. Lied (?); p. pr. & vb. n. Lying (?).] [OE. lien, lien, leen, leoen, AS. leógan; akin to D. liegen, OS. & OHG. liogan, G. l\'81gen, Icel. ljga, Sw. ljuga, Dan.lyve, Goth. liugan, Russ. lgate.] To utter falsehood with an intention to deceive; to say or do that which is intended to deceive another, when he a right to know the truth, or when morality requires a just representation.

3. Let's say that Person A throws a ball in front of a car. Person B, who is driving the car, then hits that ball. The event of the car hitting the ball is caused by both Person A throwing the ball and Person B driving the car. If either person had been performing a different action, the event would not have occurred.

Your sig bears a likeness to your argument ...

Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Osensitive1

« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2011, 08:16:09 PM »
From my understanding, gender can be selected through IVF whith high accuracy. Unless, they tried that and it just didn't work out.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2011, 08:24:23 PM »
From my understanding, gender can be selected through IVF whith high accuracy. Unless, they tried that and it just didn't work out.

We do it quite often in the US, but they do not permit it in Australia unless there is a sex gene linked genetic disorder the parents carry and hope to avoid in their baby.

If these particular parents are denied IVF with gender selection in Australia, they intend to come to the US to do it instead.

Offline Semicolon

• The Punctuated Equilibrium Of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I am an echolalic mastodon.
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2011, 08:24:37 PM »

4. I was joking.

The rest is nonsense.

Your sig bears a likeness to your argument ...

You have yet to dispute my argument on the facts.
I2 has a smiley for everything. Even a hamster wheel. :hamsterwheel:

Quote from: iamnotaparakeet
Jesus died on the cross to show us that BDSM is a legitimate form of love.
There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2011, 08:45:09 PM »
I hope their kid ends up trans  :zoinks:

(I'm joking btw - but only because it would suck for the kid, not their selfish parents)

Offline 9shadowcat9

• Part of the Chaos
  • o^^o
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2011, 05:05:42 AM »
Seriously? Oo' I'd be happy with twins myself. Who cares if they're male or female?

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2011, 05:58:22 AM »
Seriously? Oo' I'd be happy with twins myself. Who cares if they're male or female?

Why twins? The attention factor??  ::)

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2011, 06:41:00 AM »

The couple whose actions inspired this thread conceived twins via IVF but aborted them because they were male.
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline vodz

• psych0naught
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Entrianglement.
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2011, 07:05:22 AM »
I think they did the right thing. the more pussy in this world the better amirite?
This brain could do with some more dimethyltryptamine.

What is the difference between ignorance and apathy? "I don't know and I don't care."

Offline Eclair

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2011, 07:40:25 AM »

The couple whose actions inspired this thread conceived twins via IVF but aborted them because they were male.

I think she was talking about the twin factor, regardless of sex. Maybe I read the intent wrong...I just think people think twins are 'cool' rather than the reality of bringing up two children effectively in tandem.

Offline Eclair

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2011, 07:41:24 AM »
And btw...aren't ALL abortions due to sex? :P

Offline vodz

• psych0naught
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Entrianglement.
« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2011, 07:57:52 AM »
And btw...aren't ALL abortions due to sex? :P

I'd make my wife have an abortion if the fetus interfered with our sex life.

If I had a wife.

You single Eclair?
This brain could do with some more dimethyltryptamine.

What is the difference between ignorance and apathy? "I don't know and I don't care."