Educational

Author Topic: gas prices  (Read 3915 times)

Offline Cryono

• Part of the Chaos
Re: gas prices
« Reply #75 on: November 06, 2006, 01:23:44 PM »
Ok, gas prices are just about going down.  The went down US$.02 in the US average a couple days ago and has held steady.  Election day is tomorrow and that will bring prices up.  As well, with the dip in prices came a 40% increase (on average; Ford saw an 18% increase while Toyota saw a 74% increase, etc.) in SUV sales for the quarter so as demand for gas increases thanks to these jackasses, so will price.

On a related note, hybrid sales went down 8%.  Apparently the American public is incapable of thinking ahead.

Offline Diesel

• Log splitting aspie elitist
  • Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • Oblivitard
« Reply #76 on: November 06, 2006, 02:59:33 PM »
  Apparently the American public is incapable of thinking ahead.

Very, very true.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #77 on: November 10, 2006, 01:12:10 PM »
locally, gas prices have gone up 14 cents per gallon since tuesdays elections.

i just heard a snippet on the news saying gas prices are rising.
no shit.  they must be pissed that the republicans got their asses handed to them.  fucking price gaugers.
Misunderstood.

Scrapheap

« Reply #78 on: November 10, 2006, 10:51:15 PM »

no shit.  they must be pissed that the republicans got their asses handed to them.  fucking price gaugers.

Word up niggah!!

Offline Cryono

• Part of the Chaos
« Reply #79 on: November 11, 2006, 03:41:37 AM »

Nah, this shit happens every election year... politicians do what they can to lower gas prices to put people in a good state of mind in regard to whoever is in power then prices go right back up again by the end of the month.  Expect that it will get higher than before with the increase in gas-guzzler sales and the Texas oil driller explosion.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #80 on: November 11, 2006, 05:49:28 AM »

Nah, this shit happens every election year... politicians do what they can to lower gas prices to put people in a good state of mind in regard to whoever is in power then prices go right back up again by the end of the month.  Expect that it will get higher than before with the increase in gas-guzzler sales and the Texas oil driller explosion.

wrong!

Misunderstood.

Offline Leto729

• The God Emperor of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #81 on: November 11, 2006, 06:42:56 PM »
Gas is gas and We all need it don't We.
Guardian of the Empire

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #82 on: November 11, 2006, 10:05:14 PM »
Gas is gas and We all need it don't We.

yes, now may i please have a second helping of refried beans.
Misunderstood.

Offline Cryono

• Part of the Chaos
« Reply #83 on: November 11, 2006, 10:39:19 PM »

wrong!

Well, I can prove my statements beyond the shadow of a doubt but just for the sake of argument, care to elaborate?

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #84 on: November 12, 2006, 06:01:06 AM »
i did in my original post.

the republicans have been taking a beating in the press over coddling the oil companies and their price gauging.  also, they have recieved a fair bit of jack for their campains from the oil companies.

it was obvious that the reason the gas prices were going down was because they were trying to make that a non voting issue against the republicans.

you said that this always happens.  i disagree.  the fact that gas prices went down locally about $1.10 a gallon versus six months ago is unusual.
also, gas prices do tend to go down after summer due to supply and demand; but not at this rate.  and the 14 cents rise in two days since the elections is BS.  also, the threat that they will rise again.

the facts add up.  if you can provide me with concrete stats that are comparable, then i will take back my position.  however, i tend to believe polls, since they are skewed generally towards those that they advantage.
Misunderstood.

Offline Cryono

• Part of the Chaos
« Reply #85 on: November 13, 2006, 10:06:55 AM »
Not a problem.  I'll look em up in a little while but I've been around long enough to notice how gas prices just happen to drop suddenly every other November.  If you honestly think that democrats don't have their paws in the corporate cookie jar then you're seriously naive.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #86 on: November 13, 2006, 10:15:43 AM »
Good point Cryono.  The lobbyists for the oil companies like to hedge their bets.  I would not be at all surprised if they gave large campaign contributions to both candidates in the same election.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #87 on: November 13, 2006, 12:38:52 PM »
Not a problem.  I'll look em up in a little while but I've been around long enough to notice how gas prices just happen to drop suddenly every other November.  If you honestly think that democrats don't have their paws in the corporate cookie jar then you're seriously naive.

oh, you have the wrong person if you think i am naive.

the drop in gas prices prior to this election is unprecedented.  over $1.00 per gallon.  even if you ar interested in sheer percentage numbers it remains true.
also, the hot topic around the country is Bush and oil interests (prior to the election)

finally, i am predicting an unusual spike as well in gas prices.
yes, each politician has their hand in the cookie jar, however G. Bush has an unhealthy interest in oil.  and, i believe that a vote for a democrat this past election, was in fact, a vote against george w. bush.
Misunderstood.