Author Topic: Is it all about being right?  (Read 8701 times)

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
Re: Is it all about being right?
« Reply #120 on: January 06, 2011, 06:01:56 AM »
I could have been on staff. I prefer the challenge of standing on nothing but my words.

...though I have been doubting that lately.

That is what I like too.

Heh don't worry about me. I know where my heart is.
:thumbup:

I actually dont have a problem with that position though, he who has the gold makes the rules. And plus, true democracy almost never works. I just cant be apart of a community where someones word is the only game in town with absolutely no checks and balances

OK now is the part where you describe (with your knowledge of moderating and administrating a forum) how one would make such a system that was efficient and workable.

No?

Back your words Ricktard
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 06:04:57 AM by Sir_Les_Patterson »
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

richard

« Reply #121 on: January 06, 2011, 07:26:15 AM »
obsessed.

I dont have to explain myself. clearly odeon isnt going to change the way things are here, so even if I did give my opinion it wouldnt matter

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #122 on: January 06, 2011, 08:41:02 AM »
obsessed.

I dont have to explain myself. clearly odeon isnt going to change the way things are here, so even if I did give my opinion it wouldnt matter

The board is set up to make it workable. Things need to be pruned regularly. This necessitates that it is able to be altered. Which software mod or check or point system would you suggest would make this suit your understanding of his running of the moderation panel in a way that does not make anymore work for him or any mods or admin and allows for the system to be better in your estimation. All you are doing is giving vague negativity about shortcomings (as you see them) in the forum software without suggesting an alternative.

So are you going to back your words or are you going to say that there is likely not a better alternative that would not make far more work or perhaps even make the forum unworkable and unmanageable and that you had no alternative all along but just wanted to baww without backing your claim at all?
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #123 on: January 06, 2011, 10:49:53 AM »
I could have been on staff. I prefer the challenge of standing on nothing but my words.

...though I have been doubting that lately.

That is what I like too.

Yeah. Plus Odeon had a point that it's mostly janitor work. I'd say I don't have the right personality for it, but it's more like, at the moment, I'm stuck doing tech stuff all day at work. I don't think I could stand to do it at home too. When I finally get my shit straightened out enough to get a full time art job, I might think differently.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

richard

« Reply #124 on: January 06, 2011, 10:53:07 AM »
The board is set up to make it workable. Things need to be pruned regularly. This necessitates that it is able to be altered. Which software mod or check or point system would you suggest would make this suit your understanding of his running of the moderation panel in a way that does not make anymore work for him or any mods or admin and allows for the system to be better in your estimation. All you are doing is giving vague negativity about shortcomings (as you see them) in the forum software without suggesting an alternative.

So are you going to back your words or are you going to say that there is likely not a better alternative that would not make far more work or perhaps even make the forum unworkable and unmanageable and that you had no alternative all along but just wanted to baww without backing your claim at all?
Your exatley one of the reasons why I want to be deleted, one day your stupid ass will more than likely become a administraitor here. and we all know what an obsessed, crazy retard you are holding a grudge. no thanks!

Offline Semicolon

• The Punctuated Equilibrium Of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I am an echolalic mastodon.
« Reply #125 on: January 06, 2011, 10:55:54 AM »

Your exatley one of the reasons why I want to be deleted, one day your stupid ass will more than likely become a administraitor here. and we all know what an obsessed, crazy retard you are holding a grudge. no thanks!

How much longer do you have until deletion, anyway?
I2 has a smiley for everything. Even a hamster wheel. :hamsterwheel:

Quote from: iamnotaparakeet
Jesus died on the cross to show us that BDSM is a legitimate form of love.
There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

richard

« Reply #126 on: January 06, 2011, 11:00:04 AM »
I believe its for january 8th

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #127 on: January 06, 2011, 11:03:28 AM »
I believe its for january 8th

But what will you do with your free time if you're not on here anymore?   :orly:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

richard

« Reply #128 on: January 06, 2011, 11:04:37 AM »
Finding a new place to live, oogaling over my new fire agate honey when it arrives. probably getting really fucking drunk aswell

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #129 on: January 06, 2011, 06:44:05 PM »
I thought you were staying here now?

richard

« Reply #130 on: January 06, 2011, 07:22:12 PM »
No.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #131 on: January 06, 2011, 07:36:01 PM »
That sucks. Are you on wp? I post on there more now, mostly in the L&D and sex forum though, which is funny as I have zero experience in that area :laugh:

richard

« Reply #132 on: January 06, 2011, 07:44:59 PM »
yes. my WP name i'll pm you, although i dont post there much :P

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #133 on: January 07, 2011, 02:32:35 AM »
Hey, spamming is an art form, it's not just some reactive shit. :P

You were singing a different tune when it was Cal.  :laugh:

Points. :plus:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #134 on: January 07, 2011, 02:34:25 AM »
Speaking of calandale, i kind of miss the feather friend. Yes, his views were extreme. but he was just passionate about what is a democracy. Thats the kind of guy i want to be associated with, the passionate kind :thumbup:

I'm not sure he was passionate about it. IMO it was more of an obsession to him. That and a natural tendency to spam.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein