Author Topic: Do you remember?  (Read 1819 times)

Offline Semicolon

• The Punctuated Equilibrium Of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I am an echolalic mastodon.
Re: Do you remember?
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2011, 12:30:29 AM »
I remember my sisters having fluorescent socks. I wanted some but never got any.

I remember having a Walkman in high school and going through lots of batteries.

I don't ever remember fluorescent socks.  At least you knew where the socks in the middle of the bathroom floor were at night.
Popular in Australia in the 80s. Now they make fluorescent socks for workmen and women who need to wear high visibility clothing.

Do you come from a land down under?
Where women glow and men plunder?
Can't you hear, can't you hear the thunder?
You'd better run, you'd better take cover.
I2 has a smiley for everything. Even a hamster wheel. :hamsterwheel:

Quote from: iamnotaparakeet
Jesus died on the cross to show us that BDSM is a legitimate form of love.
There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2011, 01:22:03 AM »
Yeah, from Western Australia.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2011, 07:09:33 AM »
Cell phones:

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2011, 07:14:13 AM »
^I remember them being like that. I remember when a show called "Beyond 2000" featured mobile phones and they were really excited about how you could take them into the car even. :D
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2011, 09:45:17 AM »
I remember hiking the hills around Pittsburg CA as a kid, we used to catch Garter snakes and King snakes. We always let them go so as not to fuck with the eco systems. Also going to the beach to find samples for my Aunts exhibits at Diablo Valley College. That early exposure to marine life may be why I like Seals. Harbor Seals are the most common pinnipeds in the world but I like them anyway, we have them here in the SF Bay. 

I remember the kids that I knew being less considerate of the well-being of small animals.  There was some retarded urban legend about worms being bloodsuckers, so when it rained and the worms emerged onto the tarmac at school, a lot of the other kids would deliberately stamp on them.  Also, one time when I was out with my scout group, one of the kids found a frog, caught it and then threw it down a rocky escarpment as soon as he was bored with it.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2011, 09:53:18 AM »
I might come up with something later. I used to waste time kicking myself in the ass for dumb, and occasionally mean, shit when I was younger. Now I can't even stand the idea of getting together with my old crowd from my teens and 20s even though they would like to see me from what I have heard. Part of this attitude springs from me having none of the things associated with social success, my retardation is too subtle for them to put a finger on.

Hey, I still kick myself about things that happened in the distant past and no one else remembers or cares about the stuff but me. 

Understand what you're saying.  I have no intention of seeing the people (not friends) from high school if I can avoid it.

Sometimes I see people that I knew at school when I venture out to the local shops, but we usually don't even acknowledge each other's presence.  There are a handful of people who I wouldn't mind meeting again, but I haven't bumped into any of them.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2011, 10:03:22 AM »
I remember when nintendo was new  :thumbup: I think I was like 9

I remember putting audio tapes into the tape deck of my acorn electron and waiting for 30 minutes while it slowly read the data into it's 32kB of RAM and either loaded a game or gave an error message/pixel vomit.  Later, I had a BBC Micro with a floppy disc drive, which was amazing since it could load a game in just a few seconds.

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2011, 12:37:42 AM »
I remember when nintendo was new  :thumbup: I think I was like 9

I remember putting audio tapes into the tape deck of my acorn electron and waiting for 30 minutes while it slowly read the data into it's 32kB of RAM and either loaded a game or gave an error message/pixel vomit.  Later, I had a BBC Micro with a floppy disc drive, which was amazing since it could load a game in just a few seconds.
I remember we had a computer like that, that read tapes and took forever to load. Have no idea what it was though. It had a really cool keyboard. There were games like Armoured Assault and Moon Landing.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2011, 12:39:48 AM »
Wearing MIA bracelets for soldiers in the Vietnam War?
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

P7PSP

« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2011, 12:43:40 AM »
Wearing MIA bracelets for soldiers in the Vietnam War?
I remember those. My grandma was terrified for uncle Henry's sake. He was never MIA but he was a door gunner for the 162d AHC.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2011, 10:09:40 PM »
Pop rocks? 
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2011, 08:04:45 AM »
Film strips
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2011, 08:05:25 AM »
I might come up with something later. I used to waste time kicking myself in the ass for dumb, and occasionally mean, shit when I was younger. Now I can't even stand the idea of getting together with my old crowd from my teens and 20s even though they would like to see me from what I have heard. Part of this attitude springs from me having none of the things associated with social success, my retardation is too subtle for them to put a finger on.

That's why I avoid my old peers as well. I don't want to have to explain myself.  :thumbdn:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2016, 03:51:53 PM »
  When I was a teenager, tiny flat asses were favored.  I remember a girl from my high school,
  a tiny little thing almost as flat-bodied as a playing card, who used to wear tight designer jeans with the
  ubiquitous BIG PLASTIC COMB jammed into the back pocket.  I couldn't even have fit one leg into
  jeans like that.  :laugh:  Now that big booties are so celebrated, it seems strange to remember the flat ass trend.
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • This chicken is Insured.
« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2016, 04:09:51 PM »
I saw this thread title and immediately had this song stuck in my head:

Can't you guys even just imagine it?

Forget practicality, or your experience....can you just....imagine?

It's there. It always was.