Educational

Author Topic: Sir Les, Defend Yourself!  (Read 6446 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Sir Les, Defend Yourself!
« on: December 25, 2010, 10:41:23 AM »
He flooded several threads with images (the same one, actually, linked to ovwer and over and over again). AFAIK you haven't done anything like that.

He behaves like a kid.

..and Richard on the other hand doesn't?
Odeon let's be honest.
Richard behaves like a kid and is just as in your face with posting irritating images again and again.
He also accuses the Admin of abusing their Admin privileges and acts is every bit as childish and as much of a whiny retard as Duke...if not more.
Difference? You like Richard and Richard has been a member longer.
That is the truth and whether Duke deserves a bit of sinbinning is neither here nor there. It just pisses me off having Richard be a dick to no lesser degree and cheer on Duke's sinbinning and/or blabbering whilst everyone has to pander to his unchecked douchbaggery.
I hope his hemorrhoids grow teeth.

Fine. Let's be honest.

I didn't blabberize Duke because he was behaving like a kid. It's something he was good at long before this little incident. I blabberized him because he repeatedly flooded threads, making them impossible for anyone else to read, and then ignored my warnings, telling me that he'd continue until Richard was sinbinned and that he would create new accounts to flood I2 with if I sinbinned him.

That's the truth. Had Richard flooded the board I would have done the same. Had you flooded the board, I would have done the same. Had CBC flooded-- you get the picture.

Nobody is sinbinned because they behave like kids. If that was the case, a lot of us, me included, would have to be sinbinned or blabberized or just stopped. Duke tried to make threads unreadable for others and ignored the warnings, and that's why this happened. I don't give a fuck about people accusing us to abuse our admin privileges and I doubt that the others care either. We aren't that sensitive. We may respond and defend ourselves but nobody is sinbinned or blabberized because of something as petty as that.

Don't believe me? A callout might be in order.

Yes a callout will be in order.
I don't think you are necessarily lying but viewing this through a bit of a filter.
Take your time with this. It is Christmas. Bad timing. But when you are ready lead the way.

Tell me where I'm favouring any member unjustly, or--just as importantly--blabberizing/sinbinning one on unfair grounds. Flooding the board, making it unreadable to others, harming it, etc, necessitates action but throwing tantrums sans the above (i e, behaving like a child) does not.

An example: posting a few dozen links to an image in a single post and then repeating that a couple of times takes only a few seconds but is more than enough to make a thread unreadable. Using your big fucking peters as an avatar is tasteless and boring but not nearly enough for more than a temporary ignore, that is, if you worry about kids or unsuspecting adults at work walking by your screen.

Tell me where I'm letting Richard off the hook because I like him.

Unless, of course, you simply consider Richard a bore and think it enough to blabberize or sinbin him. If that's the case, then we have nothing to discuss.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Semicolon

• The Punctuated Equilibrium Of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I am an echolalic mastodon.
Re: Sir Les, Defend Yourself!
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2010, 10:47:52 AM »
 :popcorn:
I2 has a smiley for everything. Even a hamster wheel. :hamsterwheel:

Quote from: iamnotaparakeet
Jesus died on the cross to show us that BDSM is a legitimate form of love.
There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2010, 02:39:30 AM »
Tell me where I'm favouring any member unjustly, or--just as importantly--blabberizing/sinbinning one on unfair grounds. Flooding the board, making it unreadable to others, harming it, etc, necessitates action but throwing tantrums sans the above (i e, behaving like a child) does not.

An example: posting a few dozen links to an image in a single post and then repeating that a couple of times takes only a few seconds but is more than enough to make a thread unreadable. Using your big fucking peters as an avatar is tasteless and boring but not nearly enough for more than a temporary ignore, that is, if you worry about kids or unsuspecting adults at work walking by your screen.

Unless, of course, you simply consider Richard a bore and think it enough to blabberize or sinbin him. If that's the case, then we have nothing to discuss.

Rather than let you dictate the terms of what I ought or ought not explain to make my point or back my claim I will put forth my own rationale and reasons for holding my views on this.

You will probably be right in assuming that I think Richard a bore and not much more could be said of Duke. I do not grace either with anything close to a good opinion.

But enough of this. Let's take it as read that I believe them to be retards and not much to merit them. Let's compare them and their actions.

Duke
----------

Ugly, childish, whiny, arrogant, opinionated, attention whore, who cites bad upbringing for his behavior and being a jerk generally. Will accuse anyone of being insensitive to his (special?) needs if they don't humour him being a jerk (or worse react to him), and again believe the fact that this is barely moderated and he has had a horrid upbringing he cites as reason enough to do what he wants.

Richard
--------

Ugly, childish, whiny, arrogant, opinionated, attention whore, who cites bad upbringing for his behavior and being a jerk generally. Will accuse anyone of being insensitive to his (special?) needs if they don't humour him being a jerk (or worse react to him), and again believe the fact that this is barely moderated and he has had a horrid upbringing he cites as reason enough to do what he wants.

Duke's spam
------------------

Duke, if he doesn't get his way, and to make some point that probably has a little merit to it, will do something really retarded and will not heed any advice or censor.

What he does? He makes the forum difficult for others, posting image after image on threads all around the board that people can not prevent and for which people can not navigate around. In opposition to this, he thumbs his nose up at others and Admin alike and says that he has every reason or right or what have you.

Richard's cock-playing avatar
---------------------------------------

Richard, if he doesn't get his way, and to make some point that probably has a no rationale or merit to it, will do something really retarded and will not heed any advice or censor.

What he does? He makes the forum difficult for others, posting his cock avatar on threads all around the board that people can not prevent and for which people can not navigate around. In opposition to this, he thumbs his nose up at others and Admin alike and says that he has every reason or right or what have you.

Duke's Punishment
---------------------------

Blabberising followed by sinbinning. (Fair enough were it not compared to the below punishment)

Richard's punishment
-----------------------------

:-\

Hell after doing this and having members pissed off and causing a ruckus, he them accuses the Admin of doing the wrong thing and somehow justifying his actions in his own mind as self-righteous. Threatens to do use the same again. Asks to be deleted by the corrupt Admin .... who go to great pains to stroke his ego and wish him not to go and talk him down.

Then he goes ahead and does the cock posting avatar thing again, and again believes this is fair go. He also attacks Queen Victoria's daughter and upsets members (for which he doesn't apologise but starts a thread - "why I am like this" as explanation). At every point and turn he brushes aside any responsibility or accountability.

What happened when Vodzy attacked your kids, Odeon? What happened when Richard attacked Queen Victoria's?

On the backdrop of the avatar thing too. Again this is semi-moderated so on that basis could be a fair call were it not compared, as it has been, with Duke's punishmen,t for no more than what Richard has done, and certainly in my humble opinion, far less.

So yes Odeon, certainly it speaks to me of favoritism and certainly it is call out worthy.

You do realise the irony is that Duke's problem was Richard not getting reprimanded for anything he did?
« Last Edit: December 26, 2010, 02:51:16 AM by Sir_Les_Patterson »
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

richard

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2010, 10:40:28 AM »
Dude you can fuck off. nobody is showing me better treatment because of anything! you've had it out for me since practicly you've been here, and to be honest I didnt have a problem with you, the squid, rage, or anyone first. When i was shown a bad time guess what? I return the favor because i'm not letting anyone walk all over me.

And yes this is a somewhat moderated website, for when someone does something against the law, or pulls some bullshit like what that tard pentagram does! Not for showing a cock.

I say some shit because I can. telling someone "i hope your kid dies" isnt against the law, is it? or spam. So I think it should be considerd ok, Unfortunatley I think this website isnt for you because you seem like the fucking sensative type. And i never asked any specific admin to delete me only to make her stroke my ego, I asked the admins wich of course I dont ever remember callaway doing.

And if anyone has any over inflated self importance who likes there ego stroked its you. How quickly you forget all the "can I be a moderator?" over on Wp bullshit. only to run right back here to tell all your friends. you do it there and AFF

I beleive i should be able to say or post my cock here, aslong as its legal. dont like it? too bad!
« Last Edit: December 26, 2010, 10:42:02 AM by richard »

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2010, 10:41:55 AM »
Dude you can fuck off. nobody is showing me better treatment because of anything! you've had it out for me since practicly you've been here, and to be honest I didnt have a problem with you, the squid, rage, or anyone first. When i was shown a bad time guess what? I return the favor because i'm not letting anyone walk all over me.

And yes this is a somewhat moderated website, for when someone does something against the law, or pulls some bullshit like what that tard pentagram does! Not for showing a cock.

I say some shit because I can. telling someone "i hope your kid dies" isnt against the law, is it? or spam. So I think it should be considerd ok, Unfortunatley I think this website isnt for you because you seem like the fucking sensative type. And i never asked any specific admin to delete me only to make her stroke my ego, I asked the admins wich of course I dont ever remember callaway doing.

And if anyone has any over inflated self importance who likes there ego stroked its you. How quickly you forget all the "can I be a moderator?" over on Wp bullshit. to run right back here to tell all your friends. you do it there and AFF

I beleive i should be able to say or post my cock here, aslong as its legal. dont like it? too bad!

Ladies and Gentleman I bring you Richard

See you guys later. I'll be visiting my sister for the holidays wich means i wont be online.  :zoinks:

i might return after the new year. have a safe one and merry christmas!

Actually I do. this isnt the only BB i visit. Some people elsewhere value everything i have to say, and likewise. This board is full of a bunch of liars, childish two faced hypocrites that i rarely want to be seen with these days

Well what the fuck are you doing posting so much here. Stop bitching out how much this forum inconveniences you and treats you so badly and threatening to leave. Just fuck off and don't come back you fucking baby.

Merry Christmas Richard

Let's take him all very seriously
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

richard

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2010, 10:43:10 AM »
I used this face,  :zoinks: to express how i was joking.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2010, 10:45:50 AM »
I used this face,  :zoinks: to express how i was joking.

Cool story Bro.  :autism:

(I used this face because you posted.)

richard

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2010, 10:49:13 AM »
I hope your kids get killed by a kangaroo.  :M

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2010, 11:08:28 AM »

Rather than let you dictate the terms of what I ought or ought not explain to make my point or back my claim I will put forth my own rationale and reasons for holding my views on this.

OK.

You will probably be right in assuming that I think Richard a bore and not much more could be said of Duke. I do not grace either with anything close to a good opinion.

IMO, both sometimes post readable stuff.

But enough of this. Let's take it as read that I believe them to be retards and not much to merit them. Let's compare them and their actions.

Duke
----------

No really interesting or unique, is it? The same could be said about any number of other members here.

Richard
--------

There is an echo in here. :laugh:

Duke's spam
------------------

Duke, if he doesn't get his way, and to make some point that probably has a little merit to it, will do something really retarded and will not heed any advice or censor.

What he does? He makes the forum difficult for others, posting image after image on threads all around the board that people can not prevent and for which people can not navigate around. In opposition to this, he thumbs his nose up at others and Admin alike and says that he has every reason or right or what have you.

He also said that he'd do it until Richard was sinbinned, adding that if he was, he would come back under a different name and keep on spamming the board.

Richard's cock-playing avatar
---------------------------------------

Richard, if he doesn't get his way, and to make some point that probably has a no rationale or merit to it, will do something really retarded and will not heed any advice or censor.

What he does? He makes the forum difficult for others, posting his cock avatar on threads all around the board that people can not prevent and for which people can not navigate around. In opposition to this, he thumbs his nose up at others and Admin alike and says that he has every reason or right or what have you.

There is an ignore button.

I know what you'll say--the ignore button can be used on Duke, too. Problem is, when you reply to someone, the ignore mod doesn't work. In Richard's case it's no problem because his avatar isn't visible when you quote. In Duke's, however, his spam can still make posting very difficult, especially to someone with a slow connection or old hardware.

See the difference?

Duke's Punishment
---------------------------

Blabberising followed by sinbinning. (Fair enough were it not compared to the below punishment)

He is not sinbinned.

Richard's punishment
-----------------------------

:-\

Hell after doing this and having members pissed off and causing a ruckus, he them accuses the Admin of doing the wrong thing and somehow justifying his actions in his own mind as self-righteous. Threatens to do use the same again. Asks to be deleted by the corrupt Admin .... who go to great pains to stroke his ego and wish him not to go and talk him down.

???

Who are you talking about? Me? I did NOT try to talk him into staying. If you think I'm wrong, then provide the links that prove me wrong. Or have the guts to admit that you were wrong. I'm pretty sure none of the admins did anything to make him stay.

And again, nobody is blabberized or sinbinned because of some petty accusation made in anger.

Then he goes ahead and does the cock posting avatar thing again, and again believes this is fair go. He also attacks Queen Victoria's daughter and upsets members (for which he doesn't apologise but starts a thread - "why I am like this" as explanation). At every point and turn he brushes aside any responsibility or accountability.

I still haven't seen the attack on Queen Victoria's daughter. I also haven't seen the post reported by anyone, QV included. If she thinks it is a problem, then an admin should be notified because as I've explained on numerous occasions before, we don't normally moderate anything here but we will investigate and possibly act if a member thinks there is a problem.

We don't always, however. Oh and we also don't let the rest of the membership know about those decisions.

The cock avatar thing was just as easy to ignore the second time as the first, though.

What happened when Vodzy attacked your kids, Odeon? What happened when Richard attacked Queen Victoria's?

See above.

And as I said when my daughter was attacked and I was accused of the same shit, only it was about Phlexor (I think): if he thought it was a problem, he should have let me know. I think he said it wasn't.

Vodzy attacking my daughter out of the blue, however, pissed me off sufficiently to act. I said then and I repeat it now, I am *not* paying for the privilege of having some internet tough guy insult my family. It's not going to happen. Not then, not now, not ever. Think it's unfair? Too bad, mate. And it really isn't unfair either, because as I've said before, you only have to let me or another admin know.

We do not automatically moderate anything, however.

On the backdrop of the avatar thing too. Again this is semi-moderated so on that basis could be a fair call were it not compared, as it has been, with Duke's punishmen,t for no more than what Richard has done, and certainly in my humble opinion, far less.

So yes Odeon, certainly it speaks to me of favoritism and certainly it is call out worthy.

You do realise the irony is that Duke's problem was Richard not getting reprimanded for anything he did?

The irony here is that you got the whole thing wrong.

So let me ask you this:

Do you think it's enough for a member to be an "ugly, childish, whiny, arrogant, opinionated, attention whore" to be blabberized or sinbinned? I already know that Richard, for some reason, got under your skin but is it really something to punish him for?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2010, 11:40:24 AM »
For your information: Duke is no longer blabberized.

- Albert Einstein

Scrapheap

« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2010, 11:51:51 AM »
Quote from: odeon
I still haven't seen the attack on Queen Victoria's daughter. I also haven't seen the post reported by anyone, QV included. If she thinks it is a problem, then an admin should be notified because as I've explained on numerous occasions before, we don't normally moderate anything here but we will investigate and possibly act if a member thinks there is a problem.

We don't always, however. Oh and we also don't let the rest of the membership know about those decisions.

This is something I have an issue with. I feel that open an policy is the best policy. Yes some people will bitch, but it's best to keep people informed to keep the conspiracy accusations to a minimum. :tinfoil:

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2010, 11:54:43 AM »
Agreed. Also, how can anyone learn when they don't see the process of resolution?
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2010, 12:10:26 PM »
What I meant was that the reports or private PMs that didn't result in any action were kept private--I really don't see a reason to call attention to any of it.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2010, 12:39:55 PM »
Ok. I'm not sure of the best approach on that one (any more than I was sure about the whole Wikileaks deal  :P ). But I think it's better to err on the side of openness.

I know the same rules don't apply to you as to everyone else, because you're paying the bill.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2010, 01:29:29 PM »
If people contact me in confidence, I owe it to them to keep my mouth shut unless they think it's OK not to.

- Albert Einstein