Educational

Author Topic: More professionals, carers, partners and friends needed  (Read 3136 times)

Chaos

Re: More professionals, carers, partners and friends needed
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2006, 05:27:03 PM »
No, I like you and I want to recruit as many members as possible.  :angel:

I wish I could believe that!   Some of the parts I have read would say that some of you like to drive people out if they don't measure up to your "standards" of INTENSITY.

Sorry, but I'm rather cynical!

There may be one person that I drove away, but it was not for that reason at all, Chaos.

I wasn't talking about you!

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2006, 05:30:09 PM »
I wish I could believe that!   Some of the parts I have read would say that some of you like to drive people out if they don't measure up to your "standards" of INTENSITY.

I don't lie on here, Chaos. I omit information and stretch the truth into all kinds of interesting shapes, but if you ask me a direct question and I give you a direct answer, you can count on it being true. I've only read three of your posts, to my memory, but I liked what I saw so far. And this site is dead without its members, so it's in everyone's interests to recruit as many members as we can. If you can't trust my honesty, trust my self-interest.

What you've probably heard are the complaints of people who think they've been victimized. We hold no power over any member. We cannot break into anybody's house and force them to log on. We can play mind games - but only the mind games that people allow us to play. At any moment you can log off, step away from the computer, and never have to deal with any of us in an unprotected environment again. And even then, most people aren't on here to play mind games, they're here to be honest, be themselves, and have fun. We give people a hard time, but I can't think of a single member on here who is deliberately spiteful at heart. You have to take it for what it is: a sparring ground, in an artificial online environment where there are no real consequences.

Nobody can truly be driven out. If people gang up on you and it seems like they're trying, all you have to do is turn around and tell them to fuck themselves and you'll immediately have the respect of the majority of members. We've had trolls, psychotic people, and people who don't seem to have two brain cells to rub together - and they've all managed to earn a grudging respect by virtue of tenacity.

/steps off soapbox
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2006, 05:31:10 PM »
i drove away ascan.

:party:

i am still awaiting my medal.
Misunderstood.

Chaos

« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2006, 05:36:17 PM »
I wish I could believe that!   Some of the parts I have read would say that some of you like to drive people out if they don't measure up to your "standards" of INTENSITY.

I don't lie on here, Chaos. I omit information and stretch the truth into all kinds of interesting shapes, but if you ask me a direct question and I give you a direct answer, you can count on it being true. I've only read three of your posts, to my memory, but I liked what I saw so far. And this site is dead without its members, so it's in everyone's interests to recruit as many members as we can. If you can't trust my honesty, trust my self-interest.

What you've probably heard are the complaints of people who think they've been victimized. We hold no power over any member. We cannot break into anybody's house and force them to log on. We can play mind games - but only the mind games that people allow us to play. At any moment you can log off, step away from the computer, and never have to deal with any of us in an unprotected environment again. And even then, most people aren't on here to play mind games, they're here to be honest, be themselves, and have fun. We give people a hard time, but I can't think of a single member on here who is deliberately spiteful at heart. You have to take it for what it is: a sparring ground, in an artificial online environment where there are no real consequences.

Nobody can truly be driven out. If people gang up on you and it seems like they're trying, all you have to do is turn around and tell them to fuck themselves and you'll immediately have the respect of the majority of members. We've had trolls, psychotic people, and people who don't seem to have two brain cells to rub together - and they've all managed to earn a grudging respect by virtue of tenacity.

/steps off soapbox

Well said, Pyraxis, but like Callaway, your not one of the people I'm cynical of.....at least not to that depth of cynicism.  However, your words do not hold true for others.  Before you respond, can you answer me honestly that EVERYONE here shares your words or beliefs.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2006, 05:42:49 PM »
Certainly not everyone on here shares my beliefs. God, that would be boring if they did.

You miss my point. What are you afraid will happen to you? Even if there were people on here who decided to be cruel to you, what of it? You can still step away from the computer. You can still delete your account. Nobody here can truly touch you.

My words do hold true. The parts about "the majority of members" are estimates based on reading most of the board regularly since the day it was founded. The rest of it makes no promises about other people's behavior - it just makes promises about your ability to defend yourself.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2006, 05:46:09 PM by Pyraxis »
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Chaos

« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2006, 05:49:53 PM »
Certainly everyone on here doesn't share my beliefs. God, that would be boring.

You miss my point. What are you afraid will happen to you? Even if there were people on here who decided to be cruel to you, what of it? You can still step away from the computer. You can still delete your account. Nobody here can truly touch you.

My words do hold true. The parts about "the majority of members" are estimates based on reading most of the board regularly since the day it was founded. The rest of it makes no promises about other people's behavior - it just makes promises about your ability to defend yourself.

well put and will give me much to think about in the coming days!  And you miss my point, I am NOT afraid about what will happen to me.  I'm cynical, but, also realistic and with a great deal of hope, more like cynical optimism!  And now I will step away!
« Last Edit: October 26, 2006, 06:04:02 PM by Chaos »

Offline Leto729

• The God Emperor of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2006, 06:28:02 PM »
Hold on - I thought all members of staff could see IP addresses?
Just Site Administrators and duncvis.
Guardian of the Empire

Offline Leto729

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2006, 06:32:03 PM »

I wish I could believe that!   Some of the parts I have read would say that some of you like to drive people out if they don't measure up to your "standards" of INTENSITY.

That not true they drive themselves away.
Guardian of the Empire

Chaos

« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2006, 08:04:18 PM »

Easily said, not easily proven!  happeh, postperson, foad, robertn,  I'll say your right on those!  As for others, I'm still cynical!  Now I'm going to step away, read more and stop talking! :book:  :-\

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2006, 08:07:40 PM »

Easily said, not easily proven!  happeh, postperson, foad, robertn,  I'll say your right on those!  As for others, I'm still cynical!  Now I'm going to step away, read more and stop talking! :book:  :-\

What about Ascan, who deleted all his posts and left in a snit fit because he was unable to back up all the BS he was spewing in a debate? 

I would say look up his old posts here and see the BS for yourself, but unfortunately you can't because he deleted all the evidence.

Of course, he spews the same BS on several Aspie fora, so you could look on one of them.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2006, 08:17:50 PM by Callaway »

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2006, 08:16:18 PM »

*waves to Chaos*

Just figured out who you are (based on writing style).

Chaos

« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2006, 08:20:07 PM »

What about Ascan, who deleted all his posts and left in a snit fit because he was unable to back up all the BS he was spewing in a debate? 

I would say look up his old posts here and see the BS for yourself, but unfortunately you can't because he deleted all the evidence.

Of course, he spews the same BS on several Aspie fora, so you could look on one of them.

ascan was in my thoughts while typing, but I haven't read  much of his stuff!

Chaos

« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2006, 08:24:22 PM »

*waves to Chaos*

Just figured out who you are (based on writing style).

:shitfan: :clap: :vulcan:

Offline Leto729

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2006, 08:30:06 PM »
I thought of leaving Myself but I keep in perspective though and that is why I am still here in the end.
Guardian of the Empire

richard

« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2006, 11:39:27 PM »
why don't you just make everyone become a member who wants to post something. that will get rid of the guest problem right there