Author Topic: Aspie Affection  (Read 3852 times)

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
Re: Aspie Affection
« Reply #45 on: December 16, 2010, 07:08:00 AM »
Sorry Butterflies, hope he will be around you for a long time with a good quality of life.

Yes, treatments do improve with time, best wishes to all of you.  :viking:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #46 on: December 16, 2010, 09:35:49 AM »
I had a neighbor with that.  While she needs oxygen and she has to park in handicapped parking spots, she has lived with it for many years.

It's a small world. I think I read that only 3 in 10,000 people get it. Do you know how long she's had it for, and what's her quality of life like?

I lived next door to her 15 years ago and the last I heard, she's still living in the same place and still alive.  I don't know exactly how long she had it before I knew her, but I know it was several years.  She went from needing oxygen only at night to needing it most of the time and she had them put in handicapped parking for her on the street near her apartment because walking up the hill from the parking lot was kind of tough for her.  They didn't put the two handicapped spots directly in front of her apartment, though.  They put them both in front of mine and it annoyed me when she would park in front of her own apartment and leave the two handicapped parking spots empty while also taking up a parking spot I could have used.  That was before I really knew what was wrong with her and I thought they had put in both spots at her request.  She later explained to me that they wouldn't just put in one handicapped parkng space, so it had to be two or none.

Thanks. TBH thats the first thing I've read about it that hasn't been doom and gloom.  :thumbup:

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #47 on: December 16, 2010, 09:43:23 AM »
When my mother-in-law was diagnosed with cancer I had to decide how to act around her.  I decided that she was too special to me to spend my time mourning her while she was alive.  I made the best effort I could to cherish her and have fun, happy times with her while she lived, a little less than 2 years. 

I figured I would have too much time to mourn her after she was gone.  I've never regretted being the "disrespectful, silly" one (my description, her family never called me that or made me feel that I was acting that way).   
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #48 on: December 16, 2010, 10:00:57 AM »
When my mother-in-law was diagnosed with cancer I had to decide how to act around her.  I decided that she was too special to me to spend my time mourning her while she was alive.  I made the best effort I could to cherish her and have fun, happy times with her while she lived, a little less than 2 years. 

I figured I would have too much time to mourn her after she was gone.  I've never regretted being the "disrespectful, silly" one (my description, her family never called me that or made me feel that I was acting that way).   

I know what you mean. I think in a way I have been kind of mourning him, even though he could live for many years yet.

You definately are right. Being all sad around him isn't going to help him at all.

richard

« Reply #49 on: December 16, 2010, 01:34:03 PM »
I used to be on there awile back. maybe years ago :P
but i dont usually do dating sites

Chair

« Reply #50 on: December 20, 2010, 02:35:58 AM »
I used to be on there awile back. maybe years ago :P
but i dont usually do dating sites

Same here. The only thing 99% of people on dating sites want is to get laid. Of course there's nothing wrong with getting laid, but I think that, when it comes to relationships, the flirtin' must come long before the squirtin'.  :eyebrows:

I think it would be just as easy, if not easier, to hook up with a girl/boy from an aspie forum than it would be on Aspie Affection. That site looks dead, and it's already pretty old, so there isn't much of a chance of it improving. Have you seen how generic most people there come off? My god. You can't help but think "You're not getting laid because your profile is boring!".

Hmm, I'm thinking of creating an Aspie Affection profile now...  :laugh:

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #51 on: December 20, 2010, 07:07:51 AM »
If there were more bisexual women there then I'd probably join but I doubt there are. And if there are, they're probably fat and/or ugly

eris

« Reply #52 on: December 20, 2010, 07:10:36 AM »
I just use craigslist  :laugh: the guys there are on the same page as me -  "let's meet now"
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 07:13:45 AM by eris »

Chair

« Reply #53 on: December 20, 2010, 11:42:48 AM »
I'm contemplating signing up to Aspie Affection as a female to see how many guys perv on me.

Offline SBI_Patience

• It all happens in the Aspies Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Patience² = Banter&¾
    • Midnight's Instagram
« Reply #54 on: December 21, 2010, 11:12:47 AM »
I'm contemplating signing up to Aspie Affection as a female to see how many guys perv on me.

That would be rather interesting. :zoinks:
Formerly known as superboyian.
i2 is well better than watching daytime TV. :zoinks:

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #55 on: December 21, 2010, 11:54:12 AM »

I wonder how many unsolicited nude photos you will get if you do that.

I read about a male who pretended to be a female on Craigslist to troll and get nudes from as many men as he could.

eris

« Reply #56 on: December 21, 2010, 09:09:27 PM »

I wonder how many unsolicited nude photos you will get if you do that.

I read about a male who pretended to be a female on Craigslist to troll and get nudes from as many men as he could.

Well, that wouldn't be very hard. Everytime I make an ad i get at least 30 dick shots in my email in like an hour.

Most of the "women" on CL are trolls and camwhores, anyway. I would say that 75 mens ads go up in the casual sex section everyday, and maybe 5 female ads go up, and they never make any sense. I doubt if that many are real. They are mostly camwhores. Im real, though :)

It's like shootin' fish in a barrel.

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #57 on: December 22, 2010, 03:13:59 AM »
I wonder if pat will be asking for their personal details/adresses too. :zoinks:

Offline Squidusa

• Cephalopod Succubus of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #58 on: December 23, 2010, 04:29:53 AM »
I wonder if pat will be asking for their personal details/adresses too. :zoinks:

:rofl:  :plus:
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

nice is just something written on biscuits.