Educational

Author Topic: Aspie Affection  (Read 3851 times)

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: Aspie Affection
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2010, 08:44:56 PM »
People wouldn't be an asshole to you if it's a genuine problemo - you're not whiny and don't act like he does. Also you're a girl  :P

My uncle is very ill. He's been like a dad to me, and I am very worried he won't live much longer. He's only 58.

What does being a girl have to do with it?

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2010, 08:45:52 PM »
Methinks Pat here created the profile. :orly:

oh noes. You mean that's not a real profile?

Do you honestly think there's many 69 year old people living with their parents? 69 itself sounds dodgy. :orly:

Obviously I knew it was a fake profile. I'm not that stupid ::)

Admit it, that profile set your heart afire!  :zoinks:

I was ready to renounce homosexuality until I saw that he lived in Sweden :'(

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2010, 08:46:38 PM »
Methinks Pat here created the profile. :orly:

oh noes. You mean that's not a real profile?

Do you honestly think there's many 69 year old people living with their parents? 69 itself sounds dodgy. :orly:

Obviously I knew it was a fake profile. I'm not that stupid ::)

Admit it, that profile set your heart afire!  :zoinks:

I was ready to renounce homosexuality until I saw that he lived in Sweden :'(

You'll just have to move over there!  :viking:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2010, 08:50:33 PM »
People wouldn't be an asshole to you if it's a genuine problemo - you're not whiny and don't act like he does. Also you're a girl  :P

My uncle is very ill. He's been like a dad to me, and I am very worried he won't live much longer. He's only 58.

I'm more likely to be nicer to girls, unless they're ugly. It's bad, but I admit it at least

I'm sorry about your uncle :(
I wish I had something helpful to say,but I guess there's nothing anyone here can do to help in this kind of situation. Is his illness something that can be fixed?

Offline Semicolon

• The Punctuated Equilibrium Of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I am an echolalic mastodon.
« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2010, 08:50:51 PM »

:hug: :hug:

The only advice I can give you is to enjoy the time you still have with him. I wish him luck.
I2 has a smiley for everything. Even a hamster wheel. :hamsterwheel:

Quote from: iamnotaparakeet
Jesus died on the cross to show us that BDSM is a legitimate form of love.
There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

Offline Squidusa

• Cephalopod Succubus of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2010, 08:54:00 PM »

Aww butterflies I'm sorry to hear that  :-\

:hug:
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

nice is just something written on biscuits.  

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #36 on: December 15, 2010, 08:54:39 PM »
Everyone has problems, so I see little point whining about it on a public forum. When I'm down, I'd leave that whining for Emma or someone else close. This isn't a matter of trying to be a "man", just trying not to annoy the fuck out of complete strangers who most likely will not give a fuck.

I don't go easy on anyone, if they act like a fucktard then I will piss about with them - regardless of their gender, race or how depressed they are. People really need to make sure their eggshells are reinforced, because not only I will walk on them - I will stomp them. Duke is no exception. If he actually decided to keep his whining elsewhere and stopped being an annoying fucktard, then I will like him more. Otherwise I never will take him seriously.

This is why I find pandering to the annoying fuck a bit stupid, to be honest. If AFF or any other forum couldn't take his bullshit, then I really don't see how being easy on him will change him. It only appeals to his delusions, and gives the illusion that he's "nicer" because he's being pandered to.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #37 on: December 15, 2010, 08:58:45 PM »

What's wrong with him?

I hope he's going to be OK.

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #38 on: December 15, 2010, 09:06:44 PM »
It's called Cryptogenic Fibrosing Alveolitis. I don't think it can be fixed. I've read lots of stuff about it on the internet, and they all say that the prognosis is pretty poor. Some people can live for years after being diagnosed, but others don't last as long.

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #39 on: December 15, 2010, 09:12:18 PM »
I had a neighbor with that.  While she needs oxygen and she has to park in handicapped parking spots, she has lived with it for many years.

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #40 on: December 15, 2010, 09:17:29 PM »
I had a neighbor with that.  While she needs oxygen and she has to park in handicapped parking spots, she has lived with it for many years.

It's a small world. I think I read that only 3 in 10,000 people get it. Do you know how long she's had it for, and what's her quality of life like?

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #41 on: December 15, 2010, 10:16:32 PM »

It's a small world. I think I read that only 3 in 10,000 people get it. Do you know how long she's had it for, and what's her quality of life like?

I lived next door to her 15 years ago and the last I heard, she's still living in the same place and still alive.  I don't know exactly how long she had it before I knew her, but I know it was several years.  She went from needing oxygen only at night to needing it most of the time and she had them put in handicapped parking for her on the street near her apartment because walking up the hill from the parking lot was kind of tough for her.  They didn't put the two handicapped spots directly in front of her apartment, though.  They put them both in front of mine and it annoyed me when she would park in front of her own apartment and leave the two handicapped parking spots empty while also taking up a parking spot I could have used.  That was before I really knew what was wrong with her and I thought they had put in both spots at her request.  She later explained to me that they wouldn't just put in one handicapped parkng space, so it had to be two or none.

DukeNukem

« Reply #42 on: December 15, 2010, 10:26:42 PM »
Butterflies, it's terrible for that to happen to your uncle, especially since you said that he's been like a dad to you.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #43 on: December 16, 2010, 01:13:32 AM »
Butterflies, it's terrible for that to happen to your uncle, especially since you said that he's been like a dad to you.
Agreed.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #44 on: December 16, 2010, 04:22:14 AM »
Sorry Butterflies, hope he will be around you for a long time with a good quality of life.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!