Author Topic: So i guess an admin went into my profile  (Read 5696 times)

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
Re: So i guess an admin went into my profile
« Reply #45 on: December 02, 2010, 01:18:45 AM »
In the event that it was something worth anything and what have you, would Callaway be "outed" as Admin Nazi if she did anything horribly Nazi Admin-ish? I dunno. I think the level of butthurt in Dick does not equate to the level or proof of the supposed crime.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Scrapheap

« Reply #46 on: December 02, 2010, 01:21:54 AM »
In the event that it was something worth anything and what have you, would Callaway be "outed" as Admin Nazi if she did anything horribly Nazi Admin-ish? I dunno. I think the level of butthurt in Dick does not equate to the level or proof of the supposed crime.

:indeed:

Even if Callaway did do it, it only rises to the level of Admin Prank, since it's something that's easily reversible.

I remember Richard getting butthurt when I pranked his profile by changing his avatar.

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #47 on: December 02, 2010, 01:54:51 AM »
Well TBH, I wouldn't want people messing with my profile either. I hate it when mods decided to mess with my profile by removing the avatar, damn it, how hard is it to send me a PM telling me they did it? I will just think it's a glitch or something and put it back and if it happens the second time, I make a thread about it. I think if a moderator has to mess with a member's profile such as removing their avatar because it was against the rules or removing something in their sig because they had something in there that was against the rules, send the member a fricken PM telling them you have done that so they won't think it was a glitch or something wrong with their computer because they can just put it back if they don't know a moderator messed with it.

Odeon, parts, and whomever else is mod or admin can step up and say if Callaway put Richard on ignore or not. 

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #48 on: December 02, 2010, 02:07:14 AM »

Even if Callaway did do it, it only rises to the level of Admin Prank, since it's something that's easily reversible.

I remember Richard getting butthurt when I pranked his profile by changing his avatar.

As an aside, I remember being pissed off at first Scrap when you changed my avatar.

I guess an admin fucking around and looking at your account is a bit creepy, which I felt at the time.

To pass it off as 'easily reversible' is not the point....it's someone going in and changing your personal details which is disconcerting.

It sounds like Richard put a whole heap of people on ignore, and possibly himself by mistake. I'm sure other admins would call Callaway out if the log showed she had messed around with his profile. That's the whole reason there aren't rotating admins anymore, too many interim Admins were fucking with profiles.

Offline Natalia Evans

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #49 on: December 02, 2010, 11:44:55 AM »
I remember Hadron doing it and Pea guy. Then I just learned Scrap Heap did it and I forgot he put a avatar on eclair's profile. Anyone else here that tinkered with profiles?

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #50 on: December 02, 2010, 11:51:26 AM »
Well TBH, I wouldn't want people messing with my profile either. I hate it when mods decided to mess with my profile by removing the avatar, damn it, how hard is it to send me a PM telling me they did it? I will just think it's a glitch or something and put it back and if it happens the second time, I make a thread about it. I think if a moderator has to mess with a member's profile such as removing their avatar because it was against the rules or removing something in their sig because they had something in there that was against the rules, send the member a fricken PM telling them you have done that so they won't think it was a glitch or something wrong with their computer because they can just put it back if they don't know a moderator messed with it.

Odeon, parts, and whomever else is mod or admin can step up and say if Callaway put Richard on ignore or not. 

Actually Kit, I think that is a glitch. It's happened to me, both times after Odeon done a file back-up, and also to Richard(long before this drama) just after a back-up.

I wouldn't know what really happened, but you do have to admit, this whole episode is rather amusing.

Maybe someone's pranking you, maybe you accidently done it by yourself. Fuck, Maybe aliens sneaked into your house while you were sleeping and done it for the lulz. :laugh:
Its really not that funny. I'm tired of being treated like shit just because of a fucking penis avatar

on the other hand, Its a privacy issue along with generally very bad behaviour for someone to do that to your profile

The site does have one or two glitches, maybe it was just a glitch. Even if it was a prank, the best thing to do is laugh it off.

:lol:

I just think it is funny that while mentioning this site has glitches, you accidentally double posted :P

carry on

The funny thing is. I wasn't trying to be funny. I went to send my post, the screen wenk blank with a little bit of writing, I pressed refresh and there was 2 identical posts. I think that's the first time it's ever happened to me, and to happen when I was speaking about glitches was wierd. Maybe it's the same Gremlins that sneaked into Richards account and made him ignore himself.

I dont know whats going on here, but i never typed in my name to ignore myself. Infact, This is like the first time in a long time ive even viewed That Ignore panel.

I want my screename deleted in a weeks time after i Log off of here today. I cant have my info being passed around Or god knows what done with it.

Thanks.

I like you Richard, but do you not think you're overreacting a bit. If you get your dick out, and start waving it around for everyone to look at, don't you think you're going to get a reaction. All that's happened is some people have reacted.
Personally, I've thought the whole thing from the beginning has been really funny. You getting your dick out was funny, a lot of people getting worked up and ignoring you, and then you ignoring them was funny, and now you either being pranked, or putting yourself on ignore is funny.
Would it not make more sense for you to just forget it and move on with dignity, rather than making a huge song and dance about it and creating a situation that you might look back on in the future and cringe about.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #51 on: December 02, 2010, 11:53:21 AM »
and put me on ignore?
I like to see what people are working with.  :M

Is that why you are ignoring yourself, Richard?

;D

Thats the only thing I can think of, Because if I put myself on ignore i'd have to manually put in my screename on the ignore control panel because i cant ignore myself from regular posts on the BB. And if thats the case, Thats increadibly fucked up.

I did not make you put yourself on ignore, Richard.  I can't imagine any other admin did that to you, either.

I did check your ignore list last night and noticed that you had put yourself on ignore, I thought that was unusual, and I wondered why you did it.  I assumed you were making some sort of point, but I didn't know what it could be.

I didn't put him on ignore either. I find the whole thing a bit curious.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #52 on: December 02, 2010, 12:03:13 PM »

No, she didn't.

This is ridiculous. I don't see the point. And like Callaway, I find his insinuations about sharing his IP insulting. We've had access to his IP for years without ever doing anything with that information.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #53 on: December 02, 2010, 02:53:21 PM »
Nobody changed anything must be a glitch like when you log in and get someones photo that is a common one.  Don't leave over something so trivial.
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Natalia Evans

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #54 on: December 02, 2010, 03:11:49 PM »
Well I wish Richard were still here to see this. I think posting the screen shot would be better too with the IPs blacked out. Maybe that will convince him.

Butterflies, I was referring to forums in general about when mods mess with members profiles. It just pisses me off when a mod decides to go into my account and remove my avatar or sig without telling me. But it was never anywhere like here when a few members did it when they were mods.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #55 on: December 02, 2010, 03:17:20 PM »
I hope richard comes back

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #56 on: December 02, 2010, 04:02:49 PM »
Well I wish Richard were still here to see this. I think posting the screen shot would be better too with the IPs blacked out. Maybe that will convince him.

Quite frankly I'm not interested in convincing him of anything. He is being a baby.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Squidusa

• Cephalopod Succubus of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #57 on: December 02, 2010, 04:22:21 PM »

Quite frankly I'm not interested in convincing him of anything. He is being a baby.

I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

nice is just something written on biscuits.  

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #58 on: December 02, 2010, 04:26:03 PM »
And it isn't even good drama. Why would an admin prank Richard by making him ignore himself? There are lots of good pranks, why pick one that is boring and unfunny?

- Albert Einstein

Offline Squidusa

• Cephalopod Succubus of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #59 on: December 02, 2010, 05:07:55 PM »
And it isn't even good drama. Why would an admin prank Richard by making him ignore himself? There are lots of good pranks, why pick one that is boring and unfunny?

because of Richards reaction?  :dunno:
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

nice is just something written on biscuits.