Educational

Author Topic: Would you be upset iif the Pope was assassinated?  (Read 2477 times)

Scrapheap

Re: Would you be upset iif the Pope was assassinated?
« Reply #45 on: November 25, 2010, 04:30:03 PM »
Sex is a much more noble way of destroying oneself.......

and most likely, more enjoyable :autism:

Loup

:oneliner:  :thumbup: :plus:

Offline Dexter Morgan

• Karma Policeman of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #46 on: December 16, 2010, 01:46:49 AM »

The pope doesn't stand all the way up because he's hiding a boner

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #47 on: December 16, 2010, 01:05:45 PM »
lol I saw that before, posted on facebook. he seems to be enjoying it

Scrapheap

« Reply #48 on: December 16, 2010, 01:25:43 PM »
lol I saw that before, posted on facebook. he seems to be enjoying it

He's enjoying it a little too much.  :laugh: :ghey:

P7PSP

« Reply #49 on: January 09, 2011, 08:33:15 PM »
Goodness me.......has the world gone in to madness?

The Pope has never been accused of raping small boys. Whether he has or not is not known so therefore conjecture cannot be made.

Wishing anyone to be assassinated is dire. Saddam Hussein displayed many horrific traits and destroyed lives and cultures, but how do we know the whole story? We don't. I did not live there and he did have many supporters.

How can anyone decide who lives and who dies? Is that not against the law? Casting aspersions has consequences both morally and societally. Reaching conclusions with only half of the facts and media tripe causes death and destruction. One cannot judge the Pope or the Catholic church on a select few people of that church who did horrendous things.

It is like saying that all Germans hated Jews because of Hitler. Gross generalisations.

Loup
Ratzinger knew. http://thecelebritycafe.com/feature/pope-benedict-knew-sexual-abuse-becoming-pope-03-21-2010

Offline Enos

• Earliest Common Ancestor of the Aspie Elite
  • Frequent Poster
    • My facebook
« Reply #50 on: January 10, 2011, 07:33:00 AM »
I wouldn't be upset, because I don;t know the man. But I would be dreading all the media coverage, we'd never hear the last of it.
Swat PETA, not flies

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #51 on: January 10, 2011, 08:22:35 AM »

The Pope has never been accused of raping small boys. Whether he has or not is not known so therefore conjecture cannot be made.

Wishing anyone to be assassinated is dire. Saddam Hussein displayed many horrific traits and destroyed lives and cultures, but how do we know the whole story? We don't. I did not live there and he did have many supporters.

How can anyone decide who lives and who dies? Is that not against the law? Casting aspersions has consequences both morally and societally. Reaching conclusions with only half of the facts and media tripe causes death and destruction. One cannot judge the Pope or the Catholic church on a select few people of that church who did horrendous things.

It is like saying that all Germans hated Jews because of Hitler. Gross generalisations.

Loup
Ratzinger knew. http://thecelebritycafe.com/feature/pope-benedict-knew-sexual-abuse-becoming-pope-03-21-2010

The bigger the organisation, the longer it takes for them to realise they can not get away with hiding things like that. Or with dealing with matters behind closed doors.

Still don't think Ratzinger should be assassinated. Do think he should be held accountable for his decisions there and then.

I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Squidusa

• Cephalopod Succubus of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #52 on: January 10, 2011, 11:58:00 AM »

The pope doesn't stand all the way up because he's hiding a boner

BOING!  :zoinks: :penis:
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

nice is just something written on biscuits.  

Scrapheap

« Reply #53 on: January 10, 2011, 12:34:17 PM »

Loup

Loup is a shameless apologist for the papacy.  ::)

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #54 on: January 10, 2011, 02:36:47 PM »
If any other organisation or business was as renound for paedophilia and child abuse as the catholic church is, it would be boycotted and anyone with any sense of decency would be ashamed of being associated with it in any way. But because it's a religion, it has to be respected  ::)

And it's an insult to all the people who are victims of this disgusting organisation

I can't stand the filthy old bastard personally. He needs to fuck off and stop interfering in other people;s lives, the sexually repressed old pervert

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #55 on: January 10, 2011, 05:02:06 PM »
If any other organisation or business was as renound for paedophilia and child abuse as the catholic church is, it would be boycotted and anyone with any sense of decency would be ashamed of being associated with it in any way. But because it's a religion, it has to be respected  ::)

And it's an insult to all the people who are victims of this disgusting organisation

I can't stand the filthy old bastard personally. He needs to fuck off and stop interfering in other people;s lives, the sexually repressed old pervert

No, it is not because it is a religion, it is because it is so big, because it has it's own massive economic force, it's own laws. Look at small religious groups, they may try once to solve a thing like this behind closed doors, they mostly kick that habit really soon, and will report an offender the next time.

Big businesses get away with more shit than small ones too. The power, both economically and otherwise, just are bigger. Rape always is a powergame, hiding rape is part of the same powergame.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #56 on: January 10, 2011, 05:05:21 PM »
A business, no matter how big, would draw much more criticism. People would be ashamed to be associated with it

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #57 on: January 10, 2011, 05:08:55 PM »
A business, no matter how big, would draw much more criticism. People would be ashamed to be associated with it

When it comes out, yes.

But, now it is coming out more and more, the criticism is huge. It is only the beginning. But, even in Poland, people turn their back on the almighty Roman Catholic Church. A decade ago, that was unheard of.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #58 on: January 10, 2011, 05:18:02 PM »
That is good at least. I hadn't seen that here.; Maybe it's coz there aren't as many catho0lics here. It still seems to be treated with the kind of respect that wouldn't be given to any other organisation in the same situation though. As if being a (popular) religion means you're above it all

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #59 on: January 10, 2011, 05:28:18 PM »
Well, since most members of the Catholic church will be people just as good and bad as other people, some defensiveness or denial is to be expected. Just like it happens when in a family where incest comes to the fore.
The problem is indeed that the structure and the hugeness of the church made denial possible for such a long time. And, just like in families people depend on the "safety" of the family, even in cases of abuse and incest, so can members of a church be depending on the "safety" of their church. That dependency on that "safety" can lead to really sick situations, where the victim will be blamed. Both in families, and in churches.

A friend of mine did lots of research about how churches react on sexual abuse in the church by members and people in a church position. The differences between churches on how they react are massive. Roughly said, you can say that the bigger the church, the longer they will try to deny, and the harder it will be for the victim to be taken serious.