Author Topic: Making the rich work for their money!!  (Read 1793 times)

Offline RobertN

• The Almighty Comrade
  • Intense Poster
Re: Making the rich work for their money!!
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2006, 04:12:58 PM »
Tax is so cool!!! I LOVE TAX!!! ;D

The thought of taxing major corporations 50% of their income just sends me into multiple orgasms!! Never has anyone got off to economics before, but this is a first!!

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2006, 04:15:44 PM »
micro or macro?
Misunderstood.

Eamonn

« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2006, 04:18:11 PM »

The thought of taxing major corporations 50% of their income just sends me into multiple orgasms!! Never has anyone got off to economics before, but this is a first!!

You dont think Maggie Thatcher had multiple-orgasms over the implementation of the poll-tax?

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2006, 04:20:42 PM »

You dont think Maggie Thatcher had multiple-orgasms over the implementation of the poll-tax?

I'm sure even today she lies back and thinks of poll tax instead of England  :D

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Bake Sale Coordinator of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2006, 09:01:08 AM »
I agree about taxing the hell out of the rich...won't happen in the US anytime soon though.  >:(

Scrapheap

« Reply #35 on: November 07, 2010, 09:31:05 PM »
bump!

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2010, 01:54:09 PM »
In Britain the new government are going to force the long term unemployed to do some unpaid manual labour, or charity work or risk losing their benefits. I think this is dowright nasty. I'm shocked at how nasty this goverment has turned out to be.

I am so sick of the idle rich looking down at the rest of us as though we are dirt on their shoes. They have all had a coushy upbringing, went to private schools and had a coushy education, and then went into coushy jobs (given to them by their dads who own all the businesses) where all they do is sit on their fat arses telling everyone else what to do. I know the sort of people - I went to school with them!! >:(

Furthermore they treat us like we are a disposible machine part - just a cog in their businesses. To them, we are less than human - and that attitude rather than anything else makes me bitter. They tell us we are lazy good-for-nothings every time we unionise and try to get a better deal.

Now is time to turn the tables. I don't know why rich people are respected. They are scum. They evade tax, they commit fraud, they refuse to fund public works, they abuse people in the 3rd World, and they treat their customers and workers like shit.

If I was in power, I would first of all tax them like they have never been taxed before - just a little taster of hardship, this strange thing they have avoided all their fucking lives!! Then once their wealth had been removed, I would send them all down the mines, where they would be worked 12 hours a day just for a crust of bread. By this time, they would be wishing they had never been born. Meanwhile, the rest of us would have brilliant new public services, and nationalized industry, all paid for by taking back what is ours from the elite!

That is nasty as well. Some rich people are scum, just as some poor people are scum. It is just as wrong to make stupid generalizations about the rich, as it is for the rich to make stupid generalizations about the poor.

The OP sounds like a very bitter person.

Offline Squidusa

• Cephalopod Succubus of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2010, 02:01:44 PM »
In Britain the new government are going to force the long term unemployed to do some unpaid manual labour, or charity work or risk losing their benefits. I think this is dowright nasty. I'm shocked at how nasty this goverment has turned out to be.

Jesus christ , thats beyond nasty.

I am so sick of the idle rich looking down at the rest of us as though we are dirt on their shoes. They have all had a coushy upbringing, went to private schools and had a coushy education, and then went into coushy jobs (given to them by their dads who own all the businesses) where all they do is sit on their fat arses telling everyone else what to do. I know the sort of people - I went to school with them!! >:(

Furthermore they treat us like we are a disposible machine part - just a cog in their businesses. To them, we are less than human - and that attitude rather than anything else makes me bitter. They tell us we are lazy good-for-nothings every time we unionise and try to get a better deal.

Now is time to turn the tables. I don't know why rich people are respected. They are scum. They evade tax, they commit fraud, they refuse to fund public works, they abuse people in the 3rd World, and they treat their customers and workers like shit.

If I was in power, I would first of all tax them like they have never been taxed before - just a little taster of hardship, this strange thing they have avoided all their fucking lives!! Then once their wealth had been removed, I would send them all down the mines, where they would be worked 12 hours a day just for a crust of bread. By this time, they would be wishing they had never been born. Meanwhile, the rest of us would have brilliant new public services, and nationalized industry, all paid for by taking back what is ours from the elite!

That is nasty as well. Some rich people are scum, just as some poor people are scum. It is just as wrong to make stupid generalizations about the rich, as it is for the rich to make stupid generalizations about the poor.

Agreed , and Imo the O.P sounds communist or at least sounds like they have communist ideals.
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

nice is just something written on biscuits.  

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #38 on: November 09, 2010, 02:15:33 PM »

Agreed , and Imo the O.P sounds communist or at least sounds like they have communist ideals.

I'm no expert on Communism, but I thought the point of it was that all men were equal. I can respect that view. The OP seems to want to victimize people who are rich. I don't have any respect for that.

I have no problem with the rich being expected to pay more tax. I think this government is very nasty to the poor, and is expecting them to shoulder too much of the burden of the current financial problems, while, it seems not penalizing the rich in any meaningfull way.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #39 on: November 09, 2010, 02:20:55 PM »
In the USA during the Great Depression, President Franklin Roosevelt started the PWA (Public Works Administration) and WPA (Work Project A?) to employ the unemployed.  A lot of trees were planted, parks and playrounds developed, airports and roads built, etc.  If you were an unemployed artist you painted buildings.  The unemployed received food, shelter and a stipend while the nation received infrastructure.  It kept many a man and boy in food and shelter during the Depression.   
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #40 on: November 09, 2010, 02:21:36 PM »
I agree about taxing the hell out of the rich...won't happen in the US anytime soon though.  >:(

The problems with taxing the hell out of "the rich" are:

First, just where would you draw the line between "the rich" and "the rest of us"?

Would you say a household that earns more than $100,000 a year should be considered rich and therefore should have the hell taxed out of them?

Let's call that our line, so that anyone who earns less than $100,000 a year pays nothing in taxes while anyone who earns over $100,000 a year pays 50% of their earnings in taxes.

Second, as someone works hard and begins to earn more money in their career and they start to approach that line, suddenly they will become much less interested in working harder to gain more money and more interested in taking time off or gaining other perks and they will become less productive.  That makes sense because at $99,999 a year they get to keep $99,999 but at $100,000 they get to keep only $50,000.

Third, people who can't avoid earning over $100,000 a year will have a substantial incentive to move to a place with more favorable tax laws and we will get $0 out of them.

Last, anywhere you draw the line, with inflation and devaluing of currency, that line between "the rich" and "the rest of us" keeps getting thinner and thinner.

Offline Squidusa

• Cephalopod Succubus of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #41 on: November 09, 2010, 02:28:10 PM »

I'm no expert on Communism, but I thought the point of it was that all men were equal. I can respect that view. The OP seems to want to victimize people who are rich. I don't have any respect for that.

I have no problem with the rich being expected to pay more tax. I think this government is very nasty to the poor, and is expecting them to shoulder too much of the burden of the current financial problems, while, it seems not penalizing the rich in any meaningfull way.

Ah maybe im getting the russian revolution by the bolsheviks mixed with communist beliefs  :duh:

And yeah this government is oh so pleasant to those less fortunate than them , But you know its all our fault mummy and daddy dont have millions us to eton.   ::)
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

nice is just something written on biscuits.  

richard

« Reply #42 on: November 09, 2010, 04:31:31 PM »
now that i'm older i've left behind my liberal ways. i think taxes should be fairly distributed, and evenly applied.
however once they find a way to tax the air you breath oh they will do it. since the economy is in shambles that is
i've had the tax man come after me a few years ago over some bullshit and it was one of the scariest time of my life
virtually since money isnt really worth anything, they just want thier piece of garbage back.

give it to them,  :yawn:

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #43 on: November 09, 2010, 05:05:32 PM »

The problems with taxing the hell out of "the rich" are:

First, just where would you draw the line between "the rich" and "the rest of us"?

Would you say a household that earns more than $100,000 a year should be considered rich and therefore should have the hell taxed out of them?

Let's call that our line, so that anyone who earns less than $100,000 a year pays nothing in taxes while anyone who earns over $100,000 a year pays 50% of their earnings in taxes.

Second, as someone works hard and begins to earn more money in their career and they start to approach that line, suddenly they will become much less interested in working harder to gain more money and more interested in taking time off or gaining other perks and they will become less productive.  That makes sense because at $99,999 a year they get to keep $99,999 but at $100,000 they get to keep only $50,000.

Third, people who can't avoid earning over $100,000 a year will have a substantial incentive to move to a place with more favorable tax laws and we will get $0 out of them.

Last, anywhere you draw the line, with inflation and devaluing of currency, that line between "the rich" and "the rest of us" keeps getting thinner and thinner.

Don't forget regional variations in income also.  Connecticut is one of the most expensive states to live in what you could live on nicely in say Iowa will get you a shitty apartment here.  Taxes need to be reformed but with common sense. 

If you make poor people work doing manual labor to keep their benefits you take away jobs from the people who do that work already and get a shitty job of it to boot
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw