Author Topic: Should sex between relatives be legal?  (Read 1116 times)

Celticgoddess

Re: Should sex between relatives be legal?
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2010, 09:55:15 PM »
???

If they are adults, however disgusting I would find it, it should be up to them. Especially as there would be no risk of either of them giving birth to a fucked up kid. I find alsorts of sexual acts between other people disgusting. What about very old people? Fat ugly hair people? I don't like to think of my parents havign sex either. Lots of sexual relationships are disgusting to others. The question is whether we should have the right to prevent them. And imo we shouldn't

And no, as I previously said, I don't want to have sex with any of my relatives.

Ahem.  I'm 61 and Prince Albert will be 69 in January.  Being older means finding other ways to bring pleasure to each other.  The joints don't bend like they used to, the bed frame creaks too much (can't waken the Princess Royal), etc.  We have learned the freedom of age, love outside (back yard) in the moonlight, making out like youngsters in the car parked behind the gym and laughing about it, etc.

First off, 61 isn't old. And that's what i want to be like when I'm that age. A beautiful thing indeed.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2010, 09:57:45 PM »
???

If they are adults, however disgusting I would find it, it should be up to them. Especially as there would be no risk of either of them giving birth to a fucked up kid. I find alsorts of sexual acts between other people disgusting. What about very old people? Fat ugly hair people? I don't like to think of my parents havign sex either. Lots of sexual relationships are disgusting to others. The question is whether we should have the right to prevent them. And imo we shouldn't

And no, as I previously said, I don't want to have sex with any of my relatives.

Ahem.  I'm 61 and Prince Albert will be 69 in January.  Being older means finding other ways to bring pleasure to each other.  The joints don't bend like they used to, the bed frame creaks too much (can't waken the Princess Royal), etc.  We have learned the freedom of age, love outside (back yard) in the moonlight, making out like youngsters in the car parked behind the gym and laughing about it, etc.

First off, 61 isn't old. And that's what i want to be like when I'm that age. A beautiful thing indeed.

Yeah, every once in a while you have to remind the younger generations that they didn't invent premarital sex, drugs, sin, etc.  And if practice doesn't make perfect, at least it's fun.

I also need to add that now a days I'm known as a cheap date because he doesn't have to buy me a meal. LOL
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 10:00:22 PM by Weakling »
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2010, 09:59:18 PM »
Nothing wrong with old people having sex, but if they're wrinkly and saggy then it disgusts me the same way thinking about two brothers having sex disgusts Callaway. That's all. A lot of people having sex would disgust me as most people aren't attractive to me

Osensitive1

« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2010, 10:10:52 PM »
Time for a bizarre but true story. Have a seat children, this is a good one.

I had a neighbour who went in search of his birth parents. He was adopted, married, had 2 children in their teens. Found his birth  mother (father had passed away) and they talked by phone. Everything was great. Flew out to meet his mother and 2 sisters.

Lo and behold...something happens...details are rather sketchy...but leaves his wife for his birth sister.  :zombiefuck: Now granted he didn't meet her until his late 40's but he decided to end his marriage, moved to the province to be with her and years later they're still together and happy. he was furious that his teenage children did not hop on board with his new found love and rebelled. Dude....what did you expect? What's weird is that when I see pics of her, she looks soooo much like his kids. But they're still together and the kids love her. Weird.

Read of something similar years ago, only they didn't know until after they met and fell in love. Can't remember all the details but it was father and daughter.

Offline MLA

• Elitest Aspie of the Aspie Elite
  • Modulator
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • The internet isn't a library, it's a stage.
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2015, 02:52:31 PM »
The social policy behind outlawing this kind of behavior is larger than just the unfortunate biological side effects.  It's important that there are relationships and community where sex is just out of the question.  Sexualizing family life would lead to the ultimate breakdown of the family unit as we know it.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2015, 04:24:57 AM »
The social policy behind outlawing this kind of behavior is larger than just the unfortunate biological side effects.  It's important that there are relationships and community where sex is just out of the question.  Sexualizing family life would lead to the ultimate breakdown of the family unit as we know it.

There are cultures where cousins are allowed to tie the knot, and cultures where having the same family name can be enough to ban a marriage.

What is seen as family life boundaries for sex is culture bound.

In lots of old cultures cousin relationships were favoured, because it kept money within the family. It did bring diseases withing families too, if that kept going on generation after generation.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Arya Quinn

• The Mad Queen
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • UwU
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2015, 06:20:44 AM »

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2015, 10:30:14 AM »

There are cultures where cousins are allowed to tie the knot, and cultures where having the same family name can be enough to ban a marriage.

In lots of old cultures cousin relationships were favoured, because it kept money within the family. It did bring diseases withing families too, if that kept going on generation after generation.

And it worked out great for them :zoinks:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2015, 09:12:59 PM »
Yes actually, it should be legal. I am of the opinion that most everything should be "legal". But this does not mean that any individual is exempt from the consequences of their actions. Law or not, people will be ostracized for fucking their relatives, and I think that's perfectly normal.
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2015, 09:48:42 PM »
Yes actually, it should be legal. I am of the opinion that most everything should be "legal". But this does not mean that any individual is exempt from the consequences of their actions. Law or not, people will be ostracized for fucking their relatives, and I think that's perfectly normal.
It's the offspring that suffer, the ones that actually survive anyway, as the rates of congenital defect is alarming. Recalling discussing this before.

One level of incest doesnt really up the chances of deformed babies that much.
Wasn't sure, so looked and it's quite high. Clinical study read was about 60% congenital defect with about 40% severe.
How frequent are congential defects if your family tree isn't a pole?
Depends on the country, but wikipedia says 320-400 per 100,000 in the US.

Offline Walkie

• Wooden sword crusader of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2015, 10:47:41 PM »
Yeah, Jack, but Rage wasn't saying he approved, just that it shouldn't be illegal.
I think he has a point.  I don't really get how most people think that if it isn';t a good thing, whatever it is, then there ought to be a law  against it.   
As if legislation is the panacea to cure all ills.
I just don't buy that.

In the case in point: if the  attendant social strigma doesn't stop people, I very much doubt that the law would stop 'em either. But it might help more solicitors get rich.

It's the offspring that suffer, the ones that actually survive anyway, as the rates of congenital defect is alarming. Recalling discussing this before.

One level of incest doesnt really up the chances of deformed babies that much.
Wasn't sure, so looked and it's quite high. Clinical study read was about 60% congenital defect with about 40% severe.
How frequent are congential defects if your family tree isn't a pole?
Depends on the country, but wikipedia says 320-400 per 100,000 in the US.

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2015, 07:01:30 AM »
I agree with the sentiment that it shouldn't be illegal, but the social stigma is A-OK with me.

Hypothetically I wonder what nondiscrimination laws would be (or are) put into place for adults who are in incestuous relationships.  Or should.  I can see it being taken to a place where doctors were sued for warning their patients that their offspring were at increased risk.

If we're going with the legal aspect being justifiable due to potential birth defects or genetic disorders, though, we go down that same ol' creepy path that eugenics tends to go (aka the question of where the line is drawn).  I mean, we can talk that one out, or we can just jump right to the hilter/holocaust comparisons and talk about evil curbies wanting forced abortions for potentially autistic children and call it a day.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2015, 05:34:17 PM »
Yeah, Jack, but Rage wasn't saying he approved, just that it shouldn't be illegal.
Understood that and wasn't disagreeing with either, but rather thinking about his statement about consequences of actions which only included social stigma.

Offline Arya Quinn

• The Mad Queen
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • UwU
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2015, 05:49:52 PM »

Offline MLA

• Elitest Aspie of the Aspie Elite
  • Modulator
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • The internet isn't a library, it's a stage.
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2015, 03:22:17 PM »

Depends on where you draw the line.  No culture has ever embraced siblings or parents.