Author Topic: Should transsexuals be legally recognised as the sex they have transitioned to?  (Read 2580 times)

Offline Rissy

• Part of the Chaos
I was using it in a playful way, so you know...
But I know those types of people. Transitioning is hard and requires you to be strong and persevere. I don't know their situation but a lot of people are like that, sometimes it's just that they need to 'grow some ovaries' and actually get it over with.

midlifeaspie

Single topic posters are  :viking:

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore

I think that if a person wants to be legally recognized as a different gender, they should document and live as the other gender for at least 3 months or something. Just so they are sure and don't regret it later, and also so it doesn't clog the court system up with flaky people.

I agree with that really, and over here you do have to live as that gender for a certain amount of time first. But at the same time, how easy is it to do tat without the help of hormones? Obviously some people can "pass" fine without, but most can't. So how can they live as a woman full time if they're still 100% physically male

eris

I don't really mean that they have to physically be the other gender, just live like it. For instance, dressing the part.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
I know but how easy is that if they just look like a man in drag? Can they really use the women's bathrooms without fear for three months for example?

Offline Rissy

• Part of the Chaos
Single topic posters are  :viking:
But I like the color violet more. And knights are boring. I'd rather be some demonic magician with shadow tentacles and such.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
I know but how easy is that if they just look like a man in drag? Can they really use the women's bathrooms without fear for three months for example?

At work, not without coming out first I guess. For the rest, I have no idea how often people go to public bathrooms. The times I have to go there, I do see people opting for the quickest possibility a lot btw. Most often women opting for the men's room, but have seen it happen the other way around too. Never saw someone make a fuss.

Sports dressing rooms would be a lot harder I think. Would require some coming out and a single room in the beginning in most situations.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

eris

I agree it must be really hard. I can't even imagine how hard it is. But I dont think that has anything to do with the fact if they are legally recognized or not.. I mean, you can take the hormones before or after that. I do agree that having the "documentation" of being legally recognized really means a lot and is very important, and may even change a bigots mind.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
I just think it would be very hard for me to use either public toilet. I dunno how different things are where you are hyke, but here I would be surprised to see a woman use a man's bathroom (just regular public toilets I mean like at university or mcdonalds or wherever, not a sports event that's really packed out or a club where everyones drunk) and I'd be VERY surprised to see a man use a woman's bathroom

I'd be worried about getting beaten up tbh. And obviously I wouldn't use women's bathrooms coz I'd be worried about making THEM feel uncomfortable. Either way it's not cool

I guess that's one good thing about me havinbg ocd - I don't have to worry about which public toilet to use :laugh:

The main thing that makes people think I'm a girl is my girly voice. If I don't talk then it's hit and miss whether people will see me as male or female. Depends on a lot of things

eris

I honestly think you look like a boy, but younger than your age. You'll like that when you're older.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
haha yeah that's what I keep telling myself  - "it's cool; it'll be GOOD when you're 35" :laugh:

Right now it just sucks cock

I even got asked if I was old enough  to buy a game that was a 15 the other day

A fucking 15! lol

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
although to be fair, I do feel about 14/15 in my head really. And I kinda missed out on being a proper teenager, so in some ways I wish I was

midlifeaspie

Some men just naturally start to look like women as they get older.  Maybe the reverse is true also?

Offline Rissy

• Part of the Chaos
Can't you train your voice to be more guyish?

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
I think you can but tbh I have so many problems with my voice already, because of years of hardly talking from social anxiety, that I can't be bothered. If I was never planning on hormones etc then I would, but I'm hoping hormones will fix it.

I know that sounds lazy, but I have so much other shit to sort out right now, spending ages trying to change my voice when it's gonna have little effect and hopefully be redundant soon, just isn't worth it I guess