Educational

Author Topic: Should transsexuals be legally recognised as the sex they have transitioned to?  (Read 2576 times)

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
I just think it would be very hard for me to use either public toilet. I dunno how different things are where you are hyke, but here I would be surprised to see a woman use a man's bathroom (just regular public toilets I mean like at university or mcdonalds or wherever, not a sports event that's really packed out or a club where everyones drunk) and I'd be VERY surprised to see a man use a woman's bathroom

I'd be worried about getting beaten up tbh. And obviously I wouldn't use women's bathrooms coz I'd be worried about making THEM feel uncomfortable. Either way it's not cool

I guess that's one good thing about me havinbg ocd - I don't have to worry about which public toilet to use :laugh:

The main thing that makes people think I'm a girl is my girly voice. If I don't talk then it's hit and miss whether people will see me as male or female. Depends on a lot of things

LOL, my voice made people guess very often that I was a boy or a man. Did change a bit after speech therapy. I did not get that for sounding male btw.
I think you can but tbh I have so many problems with my voice already, because of years of hardly talking from social anxiety, that I can't be bothered. If I was never planning on hormones etc then I would, but I'm hoping hormones will fix it.

I know that sounds lazy, but I have so much other shit to sort out right now, spending ages trying to change my voice when it's gonna have little effect and hopefully be redundant soon, just isn't worth it I guess

If your social anxiety would get better, and I think hormone therapy would help there, then some speech therapy might help to get your voice bolder and less hesitant. That will make it more masculine right away. When you listen to female voices they often sound more insecure and more questioning in tone. Not in content, but in tone. It is not only timbre people notice. It's the whole intonation coming with it.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
Some men just naturally start to look like women as they get older.  Maybe the reverse is true also?

Yes, the reverse is also true. And not only for humans. Some female ducks get partly male duck feathers after a certain age.

But to wait for that to happen would take way too long. That transition starts slowly after menopauze, and it is most often a real slow process. Soph might have to wait over 50 years for that to have any visible effect.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
Some men just naturally start to look like women as they get older.  Maybe the reverse is true also?

Yes, the reverse is also true. And not only for humans. Some female ducks get partly male duck feathers after a certain age.

But to wait for that to happen would take way too long. That transition starts slowly after menopauze, and it is most often a real slow process. Soph might have to wait over 50 years for that to have any visible effect.

I hope Soph never ever grows feathers  :laugh:
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.

I hope Soph never ever grows feathers  :laugh:

:rofl:

Now that would be a thrill for Jess................

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
I have to go and remove her from the bird's room now actually

she's so fucking naughty :facepalm2:

Offline Squidusa

• Cephalopod Succubus of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
I have to go and remove her from the bird's room now actually

she's so fucking naughty :facepalm2:

She likes the birds as much as you do then.  :orly:

(Yes that is a double entendre)
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

nice is just something written on biscuits.