Author Topic: Should transsexuals be legally recognised as the sex they have transitioned to?  (Read 2579 times)

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
I don't think i've ever seen a man go in a woman'w bathroom before. I don't go in public toilets though.

Which I'm glad about. I haven't been in a public toilet for years so it's not a problem for me. I don't look like a man though so could go in women's toilets fine anyway, but in the future I might not be able to.

From what I've read online, it's easier for trans guys to just go in mens toilets because men are less likely to pay attention

I guess you might be right about that, particularly if the stalls have doors, like they do in ladies' rooms.  Of course a pre op trans guy can't use the urinals, but I think there's usually at least one toilet.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Some pre op trans guys can use urinals

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore

How, with one of those little pee funnels?

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.

I've heard of those! I think the brand name is "You Go Girl"! I'm not even making that up!   :2thumbsup:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore

I've heard of those! I think the brand name is "You Go Girl"! I'm not even making that up!   :2thumbsup:

Here they are:

http://www.go-girl.com/

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore

Offline 9shadowcat9

• Part of the Chaos
  • o^^o
Yes, they want to be that gender and it's thier right. :/

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
I agree that it is a right, but it's not really a case of wanting to be that gender

But yeah you are right that it's no one else's business anyway

Offline Rissy

• Part of the Chaos
Bathroom segregation is kind of pretentious anyway. It doesn't work. If it's a guard against perversion, where are homosexual people supposed to go? Cubicles are private enough anyway, all you need is a room of cubicles. Change rooms ought to be full of cubicles to change in anyway because no one really wants to be naked in front of strangers.

I do think there should be some testing of people who want to change their sex though and make sure they're doing it for the right reasons. But someone living full time in one gender should be allowed to have documents marked that way. But it is kind of true that gender/sex is a mostly useless detail.

And in terms of relationships? I like Courage Wolf's advice of "If it's pretty, fuck it, there is no gay". Fair enough not being with someone who you're not attracted to, but if you're a straight guy and you're attracted to something that looks and acts like a girl, minor details don't matter. The autohomophobic idea of liking a transgirl being gay is ridiculous. People who fuck blow-up dolls usually aren't sexually attracted to inflatable objects are they?

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
People who fuck blow-up dolls usually aren't sexually attracted to inflatable objects are they?

Why are you asking us? I got no idea and I doubt anyone else does here, or was that rhetorical.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

eris

I do think there should be some testing of people who want to change their sex though and make sure they're doing it for the right reasons. ?

I think that if a person wants to be legally recognized as a different gender, they should document and live as the other gender for at least 3 months or something. Just so they are sure and don't regret it later, and also so it doesn't clog the court system up with flaky people.

I am online friends with a 20 year old guy that is basically a lesbian trans. He wants to transition but can't - no one would support him. He wants to come and live with me. heh. I must hear " I want boobs so fucking bad" at least 10 times when I talk to him. He is still him, though, wants to be called he. Everyone is different I guess. He makes a very lovely girl.

People who fuck blow-up dolls usually aren't sexually attracted to inflatable objects are they?

uh, actually sometimes they are. Being attracted to dolls is not unheard of *cough*

Offline Rissy

• Part of the Chaos
If you look at my use of language I included for people that are. But I'm saying that plenty of people don't have a fetish for inflatable things.

Obviously people need to be less rigid about gender boundaries. And that guy could easily just get illegal hormone if all he wants to do is be a trap.

eris

what do you mean "if all he wants to do is be a trap".

Offline Rissy

• Part of the Chaos
Lol~ Well if he wants male pronouns I'm guessing he just wants to look like a girl or something?
Trap is a term to describe boys that look like girls. It's just some kind of slang?

eris

I know what a trap is.

He is using male pronouns because he is only 20 years old and still unsure about actually transitioning.