Educational

Author Topic: Marriage  (Read 1780 times)

Binty

Re: Marriage
« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2010, 11:15:40 AM »
What was the longest you've lived with someone?

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2010, 11:17:53 AM »
Around six months, give or take a month. I'm kind of a dickhead when it comes to cleanliness, and I wind up yelling when my things are out of place. That probably didn't help much. :laugh:
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Celticgoddess

« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2010, 11:20:19 AM »
A lot of people get married too quickly, before they even know each other properly.

I knew my ex 14 years before I married him. I just can't win. :laugh:

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2010, 11:21:38 AM »
Actually I just remembered a dealbreaker. Once I came home and she was just chilling out like she'd watched tv all day, and the apartment was covered in wrappers from food, her clothes, general "draggins" I call it. I flew off the handle and said some real mean stuff like about leaving her "sticky fucking panties" all over the floor, and "How hard is it to move your hand a couple of goddamn inches and drop the clothes in the fucking hamper?"

I went on for about an hour and she left, crying. I didn't call her.  :P
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Binty

« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2010, 11:27:38 AM »
You asshole :laugh:

It also depends on how well the couple is matched, too.  I only lived with TOW for two months when I visited but we went through enough shit, to make it seem as if we've lived together for at least a year :P

I like living together, it's nice. Both of us are not keen on marriage either, so that's good.

Scrapheap

« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2010, 11:28:23 AM »
I don't care who you marry, as long as you don't viloate the Buggery Act of 1533:police: :P

Binty

« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2010, 11:29:48 AM »
A lot of people get married too quickly, before they even know each other properly.

How was he like before you married him?

Celticgoddess

« Reply #37 on: November 04, 2010, 11:51:07 AM »

How was he like before you married him?

He was one of my closest friends. I practically lived at his Mum's house because his sister was my best friend and I was good friends with his other brother. He had to chase me pretty hard though because I was anti-relationship at the time. He was a good guy. The one everybody turned to if they needed something because you knew he'd always be there. But looking back I should have left the moment he pinned me to the wall and said I wasn't go anywhere until he said I could. I saw his Dad in him at that point. He was treating me just like his Dad treated his Mum. But knowing him and his family as well as I did I thought we could overcome it and work through it.

Things were good for awhile and then when his company took off and he started making serious money, that's when things really changed. He loved his image and the perks that came with it. I stayed the same small town girl that I was before we got married and I didn't want the 10,000 sq ft house that he wanted to build. And if I needed him he wasn't there. Ever. Work always came first and I was just another employee who was given a bi-monthly paycheck.

Scrapheap

« Reply #38 on: November 04, 2010, 11:58:42 AM »
^^^ as bad as he was, he still sounds better than the losers that my sister marries.  ::)

Celticgoddess

« Reply #39 on: November 04, 2010, 12:08:59 PM »
^^^ as bad as he was, he still sounds better than the losers that my sister marries.  ::)

that's the glossed over version. The details I won't put out there, but suffice to say, I need to get myself into a few years of therapy to get through the damage he's done, both to me and the kids.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #40 on: November 04, 2010, 12:10:26 PM »
I was hoping to get into an argument with a conservative christian in this thread. do we not have any of those around here? :(

Celticgoddess

« Reply #41 on: November 04, 2010, 12:12:13 PM »
Yeah all you damn liberals!! :hitler:

:laugh:

Scrapheap

« Reply #42 on: November 04, 2010, 11:17:27 PM »

that's the glossed over version. The details I won't put out there, but suffice to say, I need to get myself into a few years of therapy to get through the damage he's done, both to me and the kids.

At least he was ambitous and had a decent job.

My sister's first husband got caught embezzling money from his first job. He had to work cash under the table after that. Even then, he spent half his pay up his nose.

Her second husband, she met in the aftermath of the '94 Northridge earthquake. He was 38 and living with his mom, and didn't have a job. My sister figured that this would be someone good to have 3 kids with.  ::)

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #43 on: November 05, 2010, 06:09:04 AM »
Actually I just remembered a dealbreaker. Once I came home and she was just chilling out like she'd watched tv all day, and the apartment was covered in wrappers from food, her clothes, general "draggins" I call it. I flew off the handle and said some real mean stuff like about leaving her "sticky fucking panties" all over the floor, and "How hard is it to move your hand a couple of goddamn inches and drop the clothes in the fucking hamper?"

I went on for about an hour and she left, crying. I didn't call her.  :P

I'm usually meek, but I don't think I'd last through five minutes of such a tirade without becoming vicious! I'm getting really angry in my middle age.
My cousin says she sees a pattern of ill-temper in the females (herself included) in a particular branch of our family.   :flame:

On the other hand, good for you for having that kind of lung power despite being a smoker!  :chin:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #44 on: November 05, 2010, 09:56:13 AM »

I went on for about an hour and she left, crying. I didn't call her.  :P

I'm usually meek, but I don't think I'd last through five minutes of such a tirade without becoming vicious! I'm getting really angry in my middle age.
My cousin says she sees a pattern of ill-temper in the females (herself included) in a particular branch of our family.   :flame:

On the other hand, good for you for having that kind of lung power despite being a smoker!  :chin:

:rofl:
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!