Author Topic: Abortion  (Read 1256 times)

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Abortion
« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2010, 08:17:26 PM »
lol No

I did'nt mean rape either. I was just asking if anyone here thinks a father has any rights when a woman decides to have an abortion. I think the same as Butterflies, as in he obviously shouldn't be able to stop her, but that it would be a fucking shit situation to be in.

I was just asking what other people's opinions are, as I've seen plenty of people online argue that a father SHOULD have rights over abortion

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2010, 08:19:04 PM »
What do you guys think about the father's rights in all this? Does he have any?
That has nothing to do with the legal either/or you speak of, but do think that's where the legal aspect of the issue should be. Twist on 'the father's rights', do you think men should have the right to choose not to be a parent?

I still don't ge what you mean by either/or. For abortion, imo it IS about either/or. Either a woman can have an abortion, or she cant.

I'm not sure what I think about the father choosing not to be a paret]nt. I have thought about it in the past but not sure. Maybe they should be able to, but they have to relinquish all rights once they do that, like adoption

Osensitive1

« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2010, 08:21:05 PM »
I still don't ge what you mean by either/or. For abortion, imo it IS about either/or. Either a woman can have an abortion, or she cant.
Was just saying the legal either/or for a woman doesn't have anything to do with men.

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2010, 08:21:28 PM »
That has nothing to do with the legal either/or you speak of, but do think that's where the legal aspect of the issue should be. Twist on 'the father's rights', do you think men should have the right to choose not to be a parent?

A man shouldn't be able to force a woman to have an abortion.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2010, 08:23:24 PM »
Was just saying the legal either/or for a woman doesn't have anything to do with men.

It's related to the abortion topic though. Some people think men SHOULD have a say. I don't. I was just asking

Osensitive1

« Reply #35 on: November 01, 2010, 08:24:48 PM »

Oh, of course not. See Spastic's post. He got what I was saying. The legal issues after baby is born.

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #36 on: November 01, 2010, 08:39:58 PM »

Oh, of course not. See Spastic's post. He got what I was saying. The legal issues after baby is born.

I know what you mean. If a woman is still early enough in her pregnancy for an abortion, should the guy be able to opt out, and have no part in it at all, including financially?

I don't know, maybe. It might be worth looking into, but I'm not sure. It's a tricky one.

Scrapheap

« Reply #37 on: November 01, 2010, 08:55:56 PM »
I'm pro-choice, but if I was pregnant with a health baby there's no way I would have an abortion.

What if you had been raped and made pregnant with a healthy baby that way?

I knew someone was going to ask me an awkward question like that :laugh: TBH I think I'd keep the baby. I don't think I could blame the baby for what its father done.

Yes, but if you abort in the first trimester, it isn't really a baby, just a clump of cells actually.

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #38 on: November 01, 2010, 09:01:51 PM »
I'm pro-choice, but if I was pregnant with a health baby there's no way I would have an abortion.

I knew someone was going to ask me an awkward question like that :laugh: TBH I think I'd keep the baby. I don't think I could blame the baby for what its father done.

Yes, but if you abort in the first trimester, it isn't really a baby, just a clump of cells actually.

It's not a moral thing. I like babies, and if I was pregnant I think I'd just keep it. I'd like to have one some day.

Scrapheap

« Reply #39 on: November 01, 2010, 09:05:53 PM »

It's not a moral thing. I like babies, and if I was pregnant I think I'd just keep it. I'd like to have one some day.

I can help you if you want.  :eyebrows: :checkout: :elvis:

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #40 on: November 01, 2010, 09:13:12 PM »

I can help you if you want.  :eyebrows: :checkout: :elvis:

Thanks, but I'm not ready just yet. Preferably I'd like to be a bit older, and more settled. But when I'm ready you can send me a small sample of your man-juice, and I can do the rest.

Scrapheap

« Reply #41 on: November 01, 2010, 09:16:30 PM »
^^^

Buzzkilington!!! :razz:

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #42 on: November 01, 2010, 09:19:49 PM »

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #43 on: November 02, 2010, 06:03:35 PM »
Conversation in the shoutbox about aborting autistic foetuses. Is it right for someone to havae an abortion for that reason?

Offline Loupgarou

• Tormented Werewolf of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • Friendly Recluse
« Reply #44 on: November 02, 2010, 06:12:30 PM »
It is against natural selection to pick and choose the "validity" or "purity" your offspring, in utero.

But it is likely to exist and people should be able to make the choice, whether it is "right" or not.

What is right for me is not necessarily right for someone else.

I shall meet you all in my bunker, when stupidity prevails and we wipe ourselves out. I got tins of baked beans :zoinks:

Loup
"Long-winded speech is exhausting. Better to stay centered". - Lao Tzu