Author Topic: Capital Punishment  (Read 2735 times)

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Bake Sale Coordinator of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: Capital Punishment
« Reply #45 on: October 21, 2006, 03:26:43 PM »
Capital punishment is a pretty bad vengeance. Will a serial killer suffer as much as his victims did? No. If you would like a direct physical punishment to get vengeance, molestation is much better. Thats a real punishment. Cut of the criminal's arms, legs and testicles. Stick out his eyes. That's real vengeance. If you want the criminal taken away for good, so he can never hurt other people again, than you can probably kill him. But then you have to have almost 100% evidence, like a surveillance camera actually catching him in the deed. But capital punishment as vengeance only is childish.

*agrees* Either life in prison or torture, but capital punishment is stupid. :P

Scrapheap

« Reply #46 on: October 22, 2006, 07:11:39 PM »
Capital punishment is a pretty bad vengeance. Will a serial killer suffer as much as his victims did? No. If you would like a direct physical punishment to get vengeance, molestation is much better. Thats a real punishment. Cut of the criminal's arms, legs and testicles. Stick out his eyes. That's real vengeance. If you want the criminal taken away for good, so he can never hurt other people again, than you can probably kill him. But then you have to have almost 100% evidence, like a surveillance camera actually catching him in the deed. But capital punishment as vengeance only is childish.

In cases of 100% absolute proof, I would support crucifiction or some other slow, painfull, humiliating death. I liked that idea the one Greek dude came up with. A brass elephant that the convict is placed in. A fire is set below, and the sounds of his screams are tuned into music for the audience to listen to.  :evillaugh:

Offline Dexter Morgan

• Karma Policeman of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #47 on: February 10, 2007, 01:38:40 AM »
What's this 100% proof?  That is impossible.

Litigious

« Reply #48 on: February 10, 2007, 04:26:18 AM »

No, it's rare but not impossible. I'd call a surveillance camera catching someone stabbing or shooting someone to death 100% proof that he did it.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #49 on: February 10, 2007, 09:13:37 AM »

No, it's rare but not impossible. I'd call a surveillance camera catching someone stabbing or shooting someone to death 100% proof that he did it.

I guess 100% proof is remotely possible, but a surveillance camera might not provide it.  There are identical twins and sometimes even unrelated people can look alike.  Once I was stopped walking across a college campus by someone who was convinced that I was her friend "Helen" and she wondered what "Helen" was doing there.  Luckily I did not sound like "Helen" so I was able to convince her that I was not her friend, but if "Helen" had commited a crime that was caught on surveillance camera, I could have been convicted of it even though I was completely innocent.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #50 on: February 10, 2007, 09:58:10 AM »
if the glove does not fit, then you must aquit!
Misunderstood.

Offline Dexter Morgan

• Karma Policeman of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #51 on: February 10, 2007, 01:55:54 PM »

They could have been framed.