Educational

Author Topic: Discuss  (Read 1477 times)

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
Re: Discuss
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2006, 06:58:46 AM »
i had already stated earlier in the thread that, i felt that he only gave the extreme examples (which i disagree with).

i just believe that bias' exist; based upon lifes experience.
Misunderstood.

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Discuss
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2006, 07:49:30 AM »
Shock of shocks, I kind of agree with McJ, in a way.  Of course prejudice is never "right," but there's a big difference between hating women because the ones you encounters messed you up, and thinking that women deserve rape, etc.  I don't think I'd make a major issue of slight mysogyny until it actually lead to discrimination (which it doesn't always have to).  Again, it's not "right," but it's not nessessarily something to make an issue of/worry about, in its milder forms.

Two more things to say on this topic.

1.  I'm a little mysoginistic myself and readily admit it.  If I say "women have no sense of direction," for example, and a guy buys it, I get lost easy because I'm female, not because I'm an idiot.  :P
2.  I can understand why some men would hate women, but that doesn't mean I won't bash them for whining about it, even if they're not actually discriminating against women.  I may be lending evidence to the guy's view of women as bitchy, but he's probably giving me stupoppaneurocitis, so it's even.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.