Educational

Author Topic: Discuss  (Read 1476 times)

Teejay

Discuss
« on: October 07, 2006, 02:40:17 AM »
Do you think it is acceptable for men to have misgoystic views of women (i.e all women are sluts, whores, bitches, play around with you or feel beautiful women deserve everything coming to them, even rape), because they have been bullied by girls when they were younger or rejected by women romantically a large number of times.

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: Discuss
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2006, 02:50:11 AM »
I think it is justified, but i don't think anyone will agree with me, or accept it.  And I don't think they are wrong to not to.
And as always, these are simply my worthless opinions.
Reverence is fine, Sanctity is silly.
We're all fucked, it helps to remember that.

Offline Enigmatic_Oddity

• one
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2006, 02:58:42 AM »
Understandable but not acceptable. If you know a person like that, you should try to change their views. Of course, you have to be careful not to invalidate their views and past experiences whilst doing this.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2006, 03:30:04 AM »
Do you think it is acceptable for men to have misgoystic views of women (i.e all women are sluts, whores, bitches, play around with you or feel beautiful women deserve everything coming to them, even rape), because they have been bullied by girls when they were younger or rejected by women romantically a large number of times.

i think you pointed out the extremes.

frankly, i consider myself misoystic, but i do not accept any of the behavious listed above.

i find that women are complicated creatures, and i have certain beliefs that i have adapted, overtime, because of my fear of the unknown.

nobody deserves rape.

and women are only sluts, whores and playthings when you are around other men.

bitchy, yes, but not all women, and i still think its a defensive mechanism that i have utilized to justify my fear of the unknown.
Misunderstood.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2006, 05:56:03 AM »
Understandable but not acceptable. If you know a person like that, you should try to change their views. Of course, you have to be careful not to invalidate their views and past experiences whilst doing this.

That's a very good point, Enigmatic Oddity.  But how can you argue to change someone's views without invalidating theirs?

I think it is just as unfair to say that beautiful women deserve to be raped because a beautiful woman bullied you, rejected you and refused to have sex with you as it would be to say that all Aspie men deserve to be castrated because one of them raped you.  People are individuals and it is unfair to make one person pay for another's actions.  It's just as unfair to say that all women are sluts, whores, bitches or toy with your feelings as it would be to say that all men are psychopaths, murderers and rapists.  Some of them may be but not all of them are.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2006, 10:58:04 AM »
It's never acceptable. Period.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2006, 12:55:28 PM »
i disagree.
Misunderstood.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2006, 01:04:26 PM »

No I don't believe it is acceptable to hold any stereotyped views, no matter how much you feel 'justified' to do so.   I don't believe its right to stereotype over half of the world's population just because you were bullied by a minority. 

I've been treated as though I was stupid, simply because I was a woman- does that mean I would be justified if I said that all men are sexiest pigs and we'd be better off just using them as sperm donors?

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2006, 01:08:23 PM »
its TOM, its experience, it's perception.

no matter what, i never trust a politician, though i am sure that there are several well intenioned legislatures.
Big business, in my eyes, is always wrong.  i always side with labor and the customer, no matter what.  though, maybe, just maybe, sometimes they are good.  but i doubt it.

it's all about what you do with these POV's.
Misunderstood.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2006, 01:09:15 PM »
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2006, 01:16:29 PM »
i disagree.

Are you saying that it is acceptable to stereotype half the world's population just because of their gender?

If that is what you are saying, then I disagree with you.

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2006, 01:30:15 PM »
I think any view is acceptable.  I don't think it is acceptable when they hurt others with their views.  I could be a racist, and you guys would never know because I don't chastise the niggers on the site.  (I hope to god everyone got the humor in that.)
And as always, these are simply my worthless opinions.
Reverence is fine, Sanctity is silly.
We're all fucked, it helps to remember that.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2006, 03:26:48 PM »
i disagree.

Are you saying that it is acceptable to stereotype half the world's population just because of their gender?

If that is what you are saying, then I disagree with you.

i am saying that people stereotype all the time.  it helps people make sense of thjings.

its not just about gender, though it could be.
Misunderstood.

Offline Lurk Hurk Gurk

• Super-Duper Rationalist Crackpot Mystic of the Aspie Elite
  • Postwhore
  • Lhrxiag Trhe (hvng: rbt13)
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2006, 01:26:43 AM »
Neither less nor more than other similarly bigoted views. It's stupid and thus undesirable, but as long as it doesn't result in harm, meh.

I do not myself generalize in such a way; while women are more likely to be of one of the kinds of people that I hate, I reserve judgement of individuals until I know for sure. Estimating the initial chances according to stereotypes (the rational way of making use of them) in such a way can make me more careful before they have proven themselves, though.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2006, 02:54:16 AM »
i

it's all about what you do with these POV's.

Give me an example of something good you could do with the POV being discussed in this thread.