Educational

Author Topic: Explanation for why I didn't bother answering Scraptard's bullshit  (Read 1160 times)

The_Chosen_One

In a nutshell.

Back in the dim dark days of '07, on a site called wankplanet, an argument ensued between me and a fuckwit named jfrmeister about gun control and libertarianism and authorities and such. My view was that guns should only be kept in the hands of those responsible enough to use them properly (military and police included) and Scrap aka jfrmeister apparently threw his libertarian views in complaining that I was taking away his freedom. No matter that I was basing my viewpoint on the Port Arthur massacre where 35 people were killed by a lone nutter, the Hoddle Street shooting in 1987, and the Vitkovic shooting in Queen St Melbourne the same year. In 1996, John Howard (whom I did NOT vote for) brought in gun control laws banning the private use of semi automatics etc in Australia. Thus, gun violence decreased here, while knife assaults have risen. Now the only person I have any respect for on the issue of guns is PPK, who knows hw to handle his weapons responsibly, and keeps them stored responsibly as well. Now, back to the WP fiasco. A number of pm's were shot back and forthe between myself and jfrmeister, and a whole lot of bullshit was said. He seemed to get rather butthurt over a so-called threat to 'hack' WP, and expected the mods to back him up. They didn't, but I was banned later. Tried trolling, but haven't been there since early '08.

Now, the story moves to here. Around May of '09, Scrapheap decides to revisit the issue, because he still has his knickers in a twist and thinks he can get me to play some sort of silly game. Tbh, I'd forgotten all about that shit, and couldn't have been bothered in the slightest with it anyway. Later that year (July-Aug I think) I had another meltdown (the 1st was in '08 with the Kosmo shite) and was having fights with everyone here, mainly because of the buttcoffee thing. When I came back on, I tried sorting things out, and with help from PPK, Rage, odeon and rossco, things did get sorted out. Then I had to go offline again, as I didn't have the means back home to use the forum, and I had other things to do.

So now we are here, in '10, and Scrap still hasn't dropped the issue. 3 years later, would you believe. Had I not seen some threads posted about me, I'd have not even bothered with anything related to it. He thinks I avoided him and the issue, well big fucking deal. He was the one who went public on a supposed 'support site' posting pm's publicly, none of which I could access anyway as my account(s) are all banned. So, I pm'ed him here to ask WTF he was on about, and got nothing but a mouthful of fucking abuse. This prat seems to believe as well that he can play junior psychotherapist by mentioning 'projection' and other bullshit terminology. Where did he get his degree and licence to practise? A Corn Flakes pack?

So basically, that's it. And if he wants to spin his version of it, I personally don't give a shit. Also, if he can't let the thing go and wants to behave like someone with a bad case of piles over the whole thing, then that's his problem too. Me? i'll just post what I like and when I like, and tough shit if that doesn't fit his agenda.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 10:25:11 PM by Steve-O »

Scrapheap

Re: Explanation for why I didn't bother answering Scraptard's bullshit
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2010, 10:25:42 PM »
For someone who "forgot about all this shit", you sure can't quit talking about it.  :hahaha:

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2010, 10:30:22 PM »
For someone who "forgot about all this shit", you sure can't quit talking about it.  :hahaha:

And to me the case is closed. Finished. So either drop it and your pretentious crap, or fuck off, whatever.

Scrapheap

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2010, 10:32:48 PM »

And to me the case is closed. Finished. So either drop it and your pretentious crap, or fuck off, whatever.

You're the one who keep bringing it up you projecting fuckwit!!  :hahaha:

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2010, 10:35:13 PM »
guns should only be kept in the hands of those responsible enough to use them properly (military and police included)

I can see the point of getting some kind of training for people to get a concealed carry gun license, but what would make you think that Scrapheap, DirtDawg and I (for example) would not be responsible enough to use guns properly?

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2010, 10:36:46 PM »
For someone who "forgot about all this shit", you sure can't quit talking about it.  :hahaha:

You're the one who keep bringing it up you projecting fuckwit!!  :hahaha:

Bullshit.

If you can't STFU and give it a rest, then we have nothing to say to each other. We are both gonna be here, but I will no longer acknowledge your existence.

« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 10:45:28 PM by Steve-O »

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2010, 10:39:09 PM »
Wow, you sure took your time of energy to write your essay about what happened between you two.

Scrapheap

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2010, 10:42:49 PM »
Wow, you sure took your time of energy to write your essay about what happened between you two.

Yeah, I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed.  ;)

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2010, 10:44:40 PM »
guns should only be kept in the hands of those responsible enough to use them properly (military and police included)

I can see the point of getting some kind of training for people to get a concealed carry gun license, but what would make you think that Scrapheap, DirtDawg and I (for example) would not be responsible enough to use guns properly?

As long as you were responsible, there would be no problem. I'm talking about the nutters who shoot up schools, gang violence, organized crime (Mafia) and such.

Scrapheap

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2010, 11:02:56 PM »

As long as you were responsible, there would be no problem. I'm talking about the nutters who shoot up schools, gang violence, organized crime (Mafia) and such.

Gun bans won't take guns out of the hands of those people. We have a 1,000 mile long border with Mexico where illegal guns could stream across the border unchecked.

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2010, 11:16:37 PM »

Gun bans won't take guns out of the hands of those people. We have a 1,000 mile long border with Mexico where illegal guns could stream across the border unchecked.

That's what I thought at first here, but we are an island continent, and somehow it has worked. The underworld still get them, but they are a minority. Maybe your authorities need to look at border control.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2010, 11:23:21 PM »
I think it may be different for you precisely because you are an island.  We are a huge country with thousands of miles of borders with Mexico and Canada.

I would prefer not to have guns taken away from the people who do use them responsibly by attempting to ban them.  The problem with that is that criminals would think nothing of breaking the law to obtain them illegally while only law-abiding citizens would follow the law.  Besides, the right to bear arms is the second amendment to our Constitution.

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2010, 11:36:29 PM »
I think it may be different for you precisely because you are an island.  We are a huge country with thousands of miles of borders with Mexico and Canada.

I would prefer not to have guns taken away from the people who do use them responsibly by attempting to ban them.  The problem with that is that criminals would think nothing of breaking the law to obtain them illegally while only law-abiding citizens would follow the law.  Besides, the right to bear arms is the second amendment to our Constitution.

I know about the 2nd amendment, and therefore your country feels they have the right to own guns etc. Yes, the borders are a problem, and it won't be an easy fix. Since our laws were changed, Sept 11 has happened, and the Iraqui conflict and Al Qaeda have been stirring the pot as well. Thus the world has gone through a whole series of changes and new threats have appeared. That's also another reason why some sort of control would be an idea, but in a country where so many freedoms have become ensconced in everday life and written into law, it would make it very hard to implement.

In the end, all we can hope for is sanity to prevail.

Offline General Razorbeard

• SINBINNED
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2010, 09:24:24 AM »
i had a heavy argument with a guy called b9, it ended up with him...I shouldn't bring it up.

richard

« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2010, 12:22:29 PM »
i dont even think steve-o is autistic, the guy just obviously likes fighting with people. that isnt autism, thats tardism!