Author Topic: All-New Which I2 Member Do You Want To Meet IRL thread  (Read 9117 times)

Offline Walkie

• Wooden sword crusader of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
Re: All-New Which I2 Member Do You Want To Meet IRL thread
« Reply #150 on: October 24, 2017, 01:48:31 PM »
I'm in Coventry, Lestat, about 20 miles East of Brum. If Brum is the heart of England, then we're  the left tit.

I've got an old thread somewhere wheere I was listing all our British members , along with their locations, because  Teddy Berar and I were  trying to organise a meet-up . But then nobody could agree aboy time and place. And then Teddy Bear died, earlier this year.  Without him, and his car  I'm a bit ham-strung, cos I can't get far on foot, not even with my Walker, dammit, I'm clapped out by the time I get to the bus -stop! So i've just had to let that go :(. If anybody else wants to take over, do  feel free!

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Delicious and refreshing.
« Reply #151 on: October 24, 2017, 03:10:51 PM »
I went to Coventry once when Phil drove me up there to see Tom, Mike and Kam. Don't think Tom was there. Mike had a house full of old TVs, it was amazing. Much as I was mad at Tom and Kath for not being there when I was suicidal, I do miss them, and Mike and Kam were lovely too. Miss Phil also. But then, I wasn't interested in anything romantic with any of them, not that they were with me, I don't think. Tom looked so depressed when I last saw him, I just wanted to give him a hug. I mean he looked really, really down. I hope he's OK.
:dog:

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #152 on: October 24, 2017, 03:43:06 PM »
I'm up manchester ways walkie. So not hugely far, got to be train carriage to your end. Would be nice to plan a meetup. And you can be safe in the knowedge I'm no murderer, robber or rapist (or combination of any two of, or all three of the previous. I'm no angel, but I'm no devil made flesh either. Somewhere in the middle. Perchance more 'risen demon' than 'fallen angel')

I am, well, I'm just practical, and and I have little sufferance for foolish regulations which exist for their own sake, and especially for contempt-worthy 'laws' which have no victim if they be 'violated', athough I see not how such can BE subject to violation given that they are not truly law in any manner worthy of the term. I just don't respect them enough to consider them worthy of being treated as being in existence if it inconveniences me to do so in any way :P

Such can, to put it blunty and a little vulgary, go and kiss my autistic arse and call my anal hair candy fucking floss.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Walkie

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #153 on: October 24, 2017, 05:02:41 PM »
I went to Coventry once when Phil drove me up there to see Tom, Mike and Kam. Don't think Tom was there. Mike had a house full of old TVs, it was amazing. Much as I was mad at Tom and Kath for not being there when I was suicidal, I do miss them, and Mike and Kam were lovely too. Miss Phil also. But then, I wasn't interested in anything romantic with any of them, not that they were with me, I don't think. Tom looked so depressed when I last saw him, I just wanted to give him a hug. I mean he looked really, really down. I hope he's OK.
All these names are making my head spin Do we know these people? are they autistic? Oh!  Are they WP members, perchance?
« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 05:17:22 PM by Walkie »

Offline Walkie

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #154 on: October 24, 2017, 05:15:51 PM »
I'm up manchester ways walkie. So not hugely far, got to be train carriage to your end. Would be nice to plan a meetup. And you can be safe in the knowedge I'm no murderer, robber or rapist (or combination of any two of, or all three of the previous. I'm no angel, but I'm no devil made flesh either. Somewhere in the middle. Perchance more 'risen demon' than 'fallen angel')

I am, well, I'm just practical, and and I have little sufferance for foolish regulations which exist for their own sake, and especially for contempt-worthy 'laws' which have no victim if they be 'violated', athough I see not how such can BE subject to violation given that they are not truly law in any manner worthy of the term. I just don't respect them enough to consider them worthy of being treated as being in existence if it inconveniences me to do so in any way :P

Such can, to put it blunty and a little vulgary, go and kiss my autistic arse and call my anal hair candy fucking floss.
I was thinking it would be a tad selfish of me to  arrange a meet-up in Cov, just because it's the only place where I can realistically meet people now . But what the heck. If you're up for it, Lestat, why not?
Anybody else?
We have a Transport Museum , by the way (very appealing to some spazzes) and two Cathedrals; the bomberd out Old Cathedral, and the modern New Cathedral built alongside it.  Both worth visiting. For my own part, i shant be walking round the tourist attractions  with anybody, cos that kind of energy expenditure would fry my brain, and I'd sooner be up for talking, but no reason why others can't.
Might be an idea to all  meet at my place, in any case.  I can supply free coffee, and maybe some gluten-free vegan food, if I'm up to cooking. Failing which, there are about a dozen takeaways just around the corner- from me Turkish, Greek, Italian, Chinese,  award-winning chippy, etc.

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #155 on: October 24, 2017, 05:45:39 PM »
Could you assist in route-planning? I very, very rarely use pubic transport, trains in particular. Bar pre-arranged ones as a young-mid teen and kid, I have only ever arranged a train twice in my iife. Even if its just the route suggestions and background research lookup.  I'd love the chance to meet you no matter the entertainment in terms of setting. No need to worry about cooking, I couldn't eat anything vegan anyhow, since I don't and never have been able to bear vegetables. Sensory bubonic plague. Festering on the devil's own rectal sphincter :P

If it is vegetation and it is neither fruit nor nut nor some sort of therapeutic plant product for medicinal use (which generally taste foul, its probably a general principle that if a herbal medicine isn't disgusting to consume it probably doesn't do you any good :P)

(although admittedly, there are some mushroom-based remedies that do taste and even smell good too, such as especially, the fly agaric mushroom when made into a medicinal tea) Take-out would work better for you would it? because that woud for me too. Or else you could concentrate on your own chow and I'd be just fine sorting my own grub. Or even bring it with me. Or go without. Either way. I'd love to see the garden too :) I'm sure you and I could go on for a long time about planting and growing and making interesting and neat uses of herbs.

Could see about bringing some sparable seeds with me, I've got a big jar of poppy seed (Papaver somniferum, the opium poppy, harvested a few years back but ought to be viable still) not sure about how long khat stays viable but I could spare a few seeds, not got many but I'd split em with you sure, especially if you'd help me out with cuttings when they grow old if you get em to grow. And I'd try and find the bellladonna seed of course, those I've not so much idea about how to grow either, never got them to myself, but sure between us we'd find out online. And try to find the blonde belladonna colormorph although no promises I'd be able to. I'd do me best though. Its deadly nightshade, same species, Atropa belladonna, only its flowers are a pale creamy white colour, rather than the usual deep purple color, I have some of both, athough again, its a matter of finding them both. Even the seeds of the bonde belladonna are pale and whiteish, whilst those I harvested myself from a wild deadly nightshade bush in full ripe fruit of the typical dark purple color, the seeds are a sort of silvery-grey color, that reminds me very much of elemental iodine in the solid state. Same shade and shinyness and slightly pitted texture, oddly the pitting seems absent from the blonde deadly nightshade. I've never grown either, I don't know if the blonde stuff is even ripe, it was sent to me, by somebody I wish I knew how the hell to get in contact with to return the favour, came all the way from oz courtesy of an aspie/autie lady who seems to like her gardening too.

Never seen belladonna in the wild in the full-grown live plant state bar the once, the purple color-morph, that I picked the seeds of the typical kind I have from, just pulled the ripe berries off the bush, and squished them through a sieve, washed away the juices from the berries and the flesh, skin-coat on the surface of the berries etc. Needless to say you don't want to eat either color type. But I am just too unfamiliar with the blonde version to even know if its ripe or thats the natural look in the ripe state, the pale color of the seed that is, its rare. Belladonna here in the wild is rare for that matter, mine, I sourced from happening to find a bush growing on a canal towpath whilst walking down it looking for Ergot fungus-parasitized wild ryegrass ears.

And if it would be helpful, I'd be happy to pilot your wheelchair/scooter or whatever you use for mobiity to wherever you need it to be if we were to meet up so as to save you the effort required for the strength output and save that valuable brain for its maximally unfried state :)

If its the only place your realistically ABLE to meet, then logic dictates that a meetup to see you takes place there.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #156 on: October 24, 2017, 10:08:22 PM »
You two are making me wish I was in the UK.  :laugh:
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #157 on: October 24, 2017, 11:47:09 PM »
You are making us wish you were in the UK 'raxy, too :P

Offline Walkie

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #158 on: October 25, 2017, 02:20:34 AM »
You are making us wish you were in the UK 'raxy, too :P
:indeed:

Oh! I have a spare bedroom, since moving my bed downstairs, Pyraxis.    :eyelash:    I'll soon have two spare bedrooms (son doing the attempting-to-leave -home thing yet again) .
Come to think, if  you want to make more than a day of it, you could  avail yourself of the spare bedroom, Lestat.   

You probably have to change trains at Birmingham,  Lestat. Mum lives in Preston, and that's what she's had to do when she's visited by train. The change at Brum  is freaking ghastly, cos Brum have a huge number of platforms and make you run from one platform to another at the drop of a pin.  Actually, the National Express buses are more convenient as well as cheaper.  Longer journey, though.   Oh! and the bus station is only a five minute walk from my house.

I'm afraid the present garden is only really ineresting for the obscene amout of trouble it's given me *chuckle* . I don't have a single unusual plant  in it.  But the stoery of how I eventually  turned it into a functional garden is someghing else....or, rather, I 'm  still turning it, I might say, cos I still have a l bit of the 10 cubic meters- or-so  of extraneous material  that I had to  dig out stacked at the bottom end. And yes, it's a tiny garden, only half the size of the previous, so the very fact that I found that much extraneous material in so small a space gives a bit of a clue as to how impossible it was.

Seeds would be welcome.  Not sure about the Belladonna, though.  My Social Conscience says "Hang on! I've got redcurrants growing here.  What if some future tenant were to put two and two together and assume that the Belladonna  is a blackcurrant bush?" .  Heck! That's all-too-possible , I fear.

« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 02:34:56 AM by Walkie »

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #159 on: October 25, 2017, 03:14:02 AM »
You have a written sign with the name of the plant, or just a skull and crossbones, or the word 'poison'

That said, for a plant with a a name like 'deadly nightshade', the name itsef if written on paper and the paper put into a plastic pouch on a stick...should preclude somebody eating it.

If you'll help me plan the route I'd love to avail mysef of the chance to meet an illustrious lady such as your good self walkie :)
A spare bedroom?   I could have lived with just a section of floor that is A-dry and clean and B-located inside the house, roll up a coat and throw another one over me, now that is hospitality my dear and I've love to if we can come up with a route. I say we, I am terrible at this, I really am, the only times I've used trains its been set up outside my sphere of influence taking me to and from boarding school down southampton ways to be picked up there in one of the school minibus fleet and taken to the school. (I went to a speshul spazzer boarding school for aspies and the odd autie (me being one of the latter. A very odd one indeed :autism: ) Its great :D

And a few time seeing a now former girfriend years ago, who was a friend of another girl who went out with me, both of them NT, but the first finished with me and kinda passed me on to her friend. Both nice girls, not maliciously, it was not a using kinda thing, she just, she went to the effort to find me another GF, someone she knew, and a good lass, whilst we decided together it was too far, we weren't seeing each other often enough to be close enough, so she set me up with her friend, jessy, who was actually kinda hot for an NT. Blackpool, both of them. Shithole of the century and tacky turds round the sphincter's edge to boot.

And the first girl, well she didn't want to take it to the next level, one of her friends did. (and we did. Its fortunate that her parents did not walk into their lounge and see what was taking place on their sofas bwahaha) Still can't believe I did some of those things with someone that wasn't autistic or aspie or rett's, PDD-NOS etc, but damn, still fun the the two of us even if it didn't work longterm. :P

Godsdamn though her parents would have turned pretty pale at some of what took place. Woud have been funny to see the looks on their faces, and a spazz at that doing the things in question. In a 'shocked, much? well you can kiss my furry autistic arse mister and mrs. jessy', you can look away now, it might help you get some color back in your faces if you try that and put your fingers in your ears my good sir and ma'am.....

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #160 on: June 07, 2018, 08:38:37 PM »
I'm sure I'm missing several people here but starting here and moving east I'd say

Calandale
EBM
Kevv
Dirt Dawg (for a 2nd time)
Rock hound
Parts
Peaguy
Bodie
Litigious
Butterflies
Al  and
Charlotte Quin 

;)

edit:EBM and Kevv
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 08:42:02 PM by Go Piss Up A Rope »

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #161 on: June 10, 2018, 03:44:28 PM »
These days? In no particular order, Ren, DD, QV, SG1008, Minister of silly walks, Parts, El, Jack, Py, Trigger, Lestat, and probably several other people.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #162 on: June 10, 2018, 03:49:45 PM »
These days I would like to meet most of you regardless of whether I particularly like your online personas and if only to confirm whether you are like this in real life. Trigger may be a bit too emo and that magi guy (or whatever) seems like a complete dickhead, but everyone else is possibly fine. Love to catch up with PPK again too.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #163 on: June 10, 2018, 03:59:26 PM »
Come to think of it, I'd like to meet you. Either we'd be mortal enemies or we'd just have a beer and a laugh. What do you think?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #164 on: June 10, 2018, 03:59:49 PM »
These days I would like to meet most of you regardless of whether I particularly like your online personas and if only to confirm whether you are like this in real life.

Yeah. I'm always interested in the match up between online and reality.