Author Topic: What's the worst aspie site and why?  (Read 4836 times)

Frolic_Fun

Re: What's the worst aspie site and why?
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2010, 07:48:27 AM »
Spasticity failed due to general disinterest and sharing similarities to i2. Some probably even viewed it as too extreme for their tastes or thought it would be shut down for blatant violation of TOS.

ZOMG had a good start, but it failed too because it was too much like i2 in ways.

DV closed down mainly because of GA being a whiny cunt.

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2010, 12:09:09 PM »
Spasticity failed due to general disinterest and sharing similarities to i2. Some probably even viewed it as too extreme for their tastes or thought it would be shut down for blatant violation of TOS.

ZOMG had a good start, but it failed too because it was too much like i2 in ways.

DV closed down mainly because of GA being a whiny cunt.

Thanx for the explanation.

There's a few more out there, but obviously of no particular interest.

richard

« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2010, 12:14:42 PM »
zOMG isnt around anymore? aww,  :(

I would have just left it and turned into a memorial for starbuline

Offline normal_impaired

• Elder
  • Incessant Poster
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2010, 12:59:58 PM »
Any aspie forum that disciplines or bans members due to anti-social and other aspie-like behavior isn't worth the hard drive space it sits on.

In a vote, I'd have to go with AFF, not so much because of the forums, but more because the owner/admin (Gareth Nelson) is an ignorant, self-centered douchebag who's not worth talking to.
Autism Speaks would like to remind you that you don't exist, because there are no Autistic adults and autistic children are too braindead to be able to use a computer.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2010, 01:16:36 PM »
Any aspie forum that disciplines or bans members due to anti-social and other aspie-like behavior isn't worth the hard drive space it sits on.

In a vote, I'd have to go with AFF, not so much because of the forums, but more because the owner/admin (Gareth Nelson) is an ignorant, self-centered douchebag who's not worth talking to.

I have spent a little time on the Drivel, but here and AFF are the only sites I've frequented. 
I'm here most of the time now, but my impression of Gareth is quite different from yours. I can't really pick a "worst" site.  :chin:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Scrapheap

« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2010, 02:18:18 PM »
The worst Aspie Site WAS ZomgAspies, but Soph had the good sense to shut it down.  ::)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2010, 04:29:57 PM »
/shrugs

I don't really care. If people like it at WP or AFF or whatever, fine. Just don't bring those sites here.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2010, 05:03:42 PM »
/shrugs

I don't really care. If people like it at WP or AFF or whatever, fine. Just don't bring those sites here.

Couldn't agree more. I2 is like it is for a reason, and while I've only been here 2 years, I think it's one of the free-est forums on the 'net. And all the 'restrictions' are spelled out sooner or later, so people should get the point. Other sites it's just 'BAM! your out of here!' with a 'WTF??' and no reply. To change us to something else would be to lose our identity. Nobody wants that.

richard

« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2010, 07:14:30 PM »
I agree with the two gentleman above me. im so sick and tired of the drama, especially with WP.
its like, shut. the. fuck. up. already about it!  >:(

• Newtype of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2010, 08:17:34 PM »
I'd have to say Hikiculture; the owner is a control freak who collects personal data about his members and lies through his fucking teeth.

ive only posted on Wp and AFF out of your choices.

and i can tell you AFF fucking sucks, its everything i ever imagined it to be an awful board.

And fuck you too!  :zoinks:

is why pikachujedi doesnt like me here

I've got nothing against you, though you should really work on that reading comprehension; there is neither an H, a c nor a u in my name.

The Duke gets away with that because, well,  :wanker:

(Just kiddin' Duke, yer alright. Sometimes.)

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2010, 08:24:52 PM »
I'd have to say Hikiculture; the owner is a control freak who collects personal data about his members and lies through his fucking teeth.

and i can tell you AFF fucking sucks, its everything i ever imagined it to be an awful board.

I've got nothing against you, though you should really work on that reading comprehension; there is neither an H, a c nor a u in my name.

Wow!  Stuff like IP and email addresses?

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2010, 08:27:23 PM »

Wow!  Stuff like IP and email addresses?

No, Identifiable stuff, like "What part of town do you live in", and "where did you go to school".

Look up some of his threads on AFF - he started threads asking for stuff that would be identifiable, and if anyone suggested that "this might be a bad idea, guuuuys", he'd be on them like the fat girl at the dessert trolley - "it's my thread, you don't have to read it" and all that classic bullshit.

« Last Edit: October 10, 2010, 08:30:24 PM by Pikajedi3 »

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2010, 08:29:36 PM »

Wow!  Stuff like IP and email addresses?

No, Identifiable stuff, like "What part of town do you live in", and "where did you go to school".

Look up some of his threads on AFF - he started threads asking for stuff that would be identifiable, and if anyone suggested that "this might be a bad idea, guuuuys", he'd be on them like the fat girl at the dessert trolley - "it's my thread, you don't have to read it" and all that classic bullshit.

That sounds creepy.

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2010, 08:32:22 PM »
Ok, don't bother looking up those threads - they've been hidden and I realise that I now have nothing to back up my claim.

Most of those threads have been hidden, but here's one, and Here's some more bullshit - both from before I was a modmin, so keep that in mind.

Regardless; Don't trust him.

*Edit*

Oh yeah, that locations one gets hilarious later down the thread, before ending in a horrific fireball of clusterfuckery.

*double edit*

Oh yeah, and I've had to reban Chair on several occasions - fucker won't stay banned. At one point he had people from HK coming and posting - with nice big Signature image links, naturally.

HK is now word filtered at AFF, by the way, because fuck you.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2010, 08:42:46 PM by Pikajedi3 »

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2010, 09:04:31 PM »
Yeah, I noticed how he looks at peoples' profiles here, including mine yesterday. :zoinks:
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.