Author Topic: What's the worst aspie site and why?  (Read 4837 times)

Offline Messica

• Rookie (be kind to me)
What's the worst aspie site and why?
« on: October 09, 2010, 09:07:52 AM »
So which aspie site is the worst? AFF? Aspiecentral? Aspergic? Autism forums? Hikiculture? Psychforums? Spectrumites? WP?

I lurk a lot and to me it seems weird that there is so much warfare between some of the sites. They seem rather alike to me.
I understand that we're all tired of patwit and his retarded boards. I joined one of them to troll the self appointed deity, but in the end I couldn't even be bothered. He runs the places like a dictator it seems and tries to show off his inane taste in movies any chance he gets. Sorry, I mean films:LOL:

But what are the main differences between the others? Why do so many of you hate WP? It's a fair enough place to lurk, as good as any of the others. And their colors don't hurt my eyes. 
Granted I'm a lurker but I think the biggest differences are the layouts.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: What's the worst aspie site and why?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2010, 09:08:35 AM »
I only go on here so I dunno.

P7PSP

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2010, 09:13:21 AM »
Checking them out for yourself would probably be a better way to figure out which ones you like or don't like.

DukeNukem

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2010, 09:41:24 AM »
Any so-called aspie website other than IntensitySquared. :orly:

P7PSP

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2010, 09:45:51 AM »
Any so-called aspie website other than IntensitySquared. :orly:
I tend to like this one best myself.

richard

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2010, 09:48:30 AM »
ive only posted on Wp and AFF out of your choices.

and i can tell you AFF fucking sucks, its everything i ever imagined it to be an awful board. i tried giving it a chance but i'd rather fuck my arse with a rusty screwdriver then ever go back there again. this is why pikachu doesnt like me here

Wp- was cool, but after i found out what a scammer alex was i was totally turned off by his board. obviously it used to be alot cooler back in the day but now i just think it sucks bad. especially since alex keeps changing the damn layout and forcing everyone to use fire fox. what a bitch!

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2010, 10:05:00 AM »
He finally fixed it so everyone can see their Inbox, My Account, and Logout again and Log in and Register with IE.

@OP. Lot of people hate WP for their own reasons:

Too much whining and using their AS as an excuse
Too depressing
The color (as you said)
Too active
Power hungry mods
NT bashing
Holier than Thou behavior (aspies acting like we are all better than NTs)

I don't really hate WP but I would have to say that is the worst place because I have never been to a forum where mods change your login information, their way of banning you. Plus no report button so you have to use the PM feature and you don't always know who the mods are. Plus alex never responds and he rarely does. Only reason why I was there was because of the activity despite how bad it was and jerks there but there are jerks everywhere. You can't avoid them unless you plan on staying off the internet for life and stay in your home and never leave. But the place has gotten boring and not much is interesting there and it seems less active. Other aspie forums are less active too so they also bore me but I still go to them when I feel like it to see what is there.

Now after new mods, I don't know if log in information changing just so you can't log in still happens. But I have a bad feeling about one of the new mods because of what happened between him and my friend. So I am no longer fond of him. And not answering PMs really turns me off. I go on another forum too sometimes where one of the mods didn't answer all my PMs. I think if mods can't answer a question and they are just going to ignore it, they lose my trust.

richard

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2010, 10:25:33 AM »
spokane brings up very good points. i still cant believe her profile was deleted, its not like she was a hitler troll.
good grief!

i want alex plank to delete my wp profile

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2010, 10:38:18 AM »
All aspie forums generally don't fare well, but I prefer i2 since at least it isn't entirely aimed towards aspies. It's not perfect in a lot of ways, but it's the lesser of evils.

Offline Loupgarou

• Tormented Werewolf of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • Friendly Recluse
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2010, 02:35:36 PM »
Where humans congregate, there will always be issues. It is what you are prepared to deal with amongst the "noise of difference".

Welcome to I2 by the way :thumbup:

Loup
"Long-winded speech is exhausting. Better to stay centered". - Lao Tzu

Scrapheap

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2010, 08:20:31 PM »
All aspie forums generally don't fare well, but I prefer i2 since at least it isn't entirely aimed towards aspies. It's not perfect in a lot of ways, but it's the lesser of evils.

I thought you prefered ZOMG. Do you still hang out there??

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2010, 08:23:23 PM »
At the moment, its this one.
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2010, 08:29:17 PM »

I thought you prefered ZOMG. Do you still hang out there??

Sopho deleted it.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2010, 11:11:24 PM »
I got banned from WP for no reason so it is easy to say that I think it is the worst place. It was getting too big for my liking as well. I would make a post and by the next day the thread would be on the second page.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2010, 11:50:01 PM »
WP seemed too restrictive after awhile, and people like Quatermass, Ragtime, paratwat and Sinsbitchly fucked it up.

AFF isn't bad, but you have to really watch what you say.

ZOMG was good, cos it was like here, and the games were something to keep you amused when the forums were slow.

Aspie Central needs to grow a bit more, so I haven't really seen much of  how it works. Ian is a good admin.

Here is probably the best I've been on (especially since ZOMG is gone), because you can virtually say what you want and have a good laugh.

Spasticity should have been given a better go, but didn't attract members.

DamnedVillage was the only real one I had huge probs with, and that preceded a meltdown anyway.

chaos got too confusing.

And I haven't been to the Drivel, Gestalt or Spectrumites.