Author Topic: Butterflies and Osensitive1  (Read 4235 times)

Osensitive1

Re: Butterflies and Osensitive1
« Reply #60 on: October 09, 2010, 12:58:55 AM »
You may be right. Like I said, it's none of my business anyway. Should just keep my mouth shut and post about simple things like I usually do.

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #61 on: October 09, 2010, 01:18:12 AM »
Talk about creating a callout over a non-issue. ::)

Someone thinks you're a bitch, call the Waaaaaaaaaaaaaabalance.

As you can tell, all this drama is invoking my troll mood.
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #62 on: October 09, 2010, 05:17:54 AM »
You may be right. Like I said, it's none of my business anyway. Should just keep my mouth shut and post about simple things like I usually do.

No, sometimes asking for someone to clarify makes them think through what they initially said and what they meant by it.

I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #63 on: October 09, 2010, 05:45:21 AM »
I think people here have a fair bit of freedom but if you post silly things or incorrect things and you are having to explain or expose the incorrect-ness or silliness, it reflects badly on you.
as to whether you want to do this or not, I don't think it matters. If you are Ok with the exposure, all good.

BTW my take on Steve-O. I know him and know his partner better. He is a nice bloke and a great fit here, diagnosis or not.
Hell he knows the boards and the people and is not a fly by night or here for an agenda.
I also think that he doesn't place value judgments on Aspies for being Aspies. THIS is important to me. Hearing him call me a tard (not that I can recall him ever doing so) or calling us tards generally, would not even blip on my radar. Hearing another non-Aspie do the same would get my attention real quick.
Hell I would call him an honourable Aspie.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Eclair

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #64 on: October 09, 2010, 05:47:44 AM »
I think people here have a fair bit of freedom but if you post silly things or incorrect things and you are having to explain or expose the incorrect-ness or silliness, it reflects badly on you.
as to whether you want to do this or not, I don't think it matters. If you are Ok with the exposure, all good.

BTW my take on Steve-O. I know him and know his partner better. He is a nice bloke and a great fit here, diagnosis or not.
Hell he knows the boards and the people and is not a fly by night or here for an agenda.
I also think that he doesn't place value judgments on Aspies for being Aspies. THIS is important to me. Hearing him call me a tard (not that I can recall him ever doing so) or calling us tards generally, would not even blip on my radar. Hearing another non-Aspie do the same would get my attention real quick.

^ One good reason to not take Sir Les as the gospel of truth.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #65 on: October 09, 2010, 05:50:25 AM »

Which bit exactly? Or were you not reading again and posting on a whim thinking if you quoted it as all wrong that it would not need explanation?

It is the latter, amirite?  :hahaha: :zoinks:
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

Offline Eclair

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #66 on: October 09, 2010, 06:12:38 AM »

Which bit exactly? Or were you not reading again and posting on a whim thinking if you quoted it as all wrong that it would not need explanation?

It is the latter, amirite?  :hahaha: :zoinks:

Basically, people should stick to their own intuition and not yours about Steve-O...who appears to have too much time on his hands anyway. If you and Steve hang out in real life, then that's great...if he's such a great person, then his actions here should speak for themself.

Osensitive1

« Reply #67 on: October 09, 2010, 06:20:36 AM »

No, I'm the one who started an arguement over a non issue. Feel pretty stupid for it today.

Osensitive1

« Reply #68 on: October 09, 2010, 06:22:45 AM »
Does the you mean me? If so, then I fully agree. I think I've maybe been spending too much time on here over the last couple of weeks. Getting too involved in things I otherwise wouldn't care. Silliness indeed.

As for Steve, obviously he has a history here that precedes me.

Offline Eclair

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #69 on: October 09, 2010, 06:23:27 AM »

No, I'm the one who started an arguement over a non issue. Feel pretty stupid for it today.

Why? It made you think through your thoughts and feelings about what you said in the first place. I doubt anyone thinks less of you. You stood up for what you thought was the right opinion...then worked through other things you may not have thought of. No big deal.

Osensitive1

« Reply #70 on: October 09, 2010, 06:27:24 AM »
Why?
I like to come here to relax, not start petty arguements. Maybe next time I'll take the queen's advice and think twice before posting.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #71 on: October 09, 2010, 06:37:00 AM »
Does the you mean me? If so, then I fully agree. I think I've maybe been spending too much time on here over the last couple of weeks. Getting too involved in things I otherwise wouldn't care. Silliness indeed.

As for Steve, obviously he has a history here that precedes me.

No it was a general statement. If I wanted to target you specifically. I didn't. For example if I was to think that Eclair was making judgment calls about shit from a basis of little thought and proving herself a clown of big wig and red nose variety I would just come out there and say it "Eclair, you are making calls about shit from a basis of little thought and proving yourself a clown of big wig and red nose variety". See?
Now as to you specifically? I think you got it wrong, mentioned why and it is kinda resolved in as much as it might need to be for you, so all good. Hell I apologised for misreading Kit's intent. I made a wrong call and once I understood this apologised and gave my reasons and all good as ar as I am concerned.
It was generalised.

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #72 on: October 09, 2010, 06:42:55 AM »

You shouldn't feel stupid, don't worry about it. As Eclair said it's no big deal.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2010, 06:45:14 AM by ProfessorFarnsworth »
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

Osensitive1

« Reply #73 on: October 09, 2010, 08:50:26 AM »
No. It was just stupid.

My apologies to you, butterflies. I was childish and petty; sorry to bring you down with me.

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #74 on: October 09, 2010, 09:14:32 AM »
No. It was just stupid.

My apologies to you, butterflies. I was childish and petty; sorry to bring you down with me.

No worries. Happy enough to move on.