Educational

Author Topic: Banned again from WP  (Read 30798 times)

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
Re: Banned again from WP
« Reply #1560 on: February 07, 2018, 07:55:08 PM »
Never had tripe, nor do I want to. Haven't had boiled squid either, just squid rings battered and fried, either with or without a squeeze of lemon, and preferably with a nicely sea-salted batter.

Boiled squid..like tripe? right that just put me right off boiled squid :P Sounds as tempting as allah's own ass hole scrapings on a plate with putrid raw leeks served as a sauce. (I HATE leeks, even worse than other veg, I don't even want to touch the things. The smell of them cooking, the texture, it is sickening. Even looking at the things makes my stomach twitch in disgust)

Fried in rings is good though, love 'em. Octopi are off the menu though. Far too much of a wee slimy slippery wriggly and writhey little cutie for me to eat the poor things unlucky enough to sadly have been caught. Lol, guess that cephalopod-kiss softened my heart and hardened my stomach towards not munching on them. I'd far sooner go scuba-diving and meet them up where they should be. Sure, if I was a crab, it'd be different but since I'm not, then I'm quite fond of the little wrigglers really. Squelchy and squirmy as they are, they are adorable once you get to know them in a context that doesn't include a frying pan, a basket, some batter and some searing hot oil.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #1561 on: February 07, 2018, 07:55:46 PM »
I've only seen it as octopi though, or occasionally octopuses. But octopi seems better to me.

Classification is usually Latin, so that makes sense. Of course, the latin comes from Greek, where Octopodes is closer.

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #1562 on: February 07, 2018, 10:52:10 PM »
Well both languages are used fairly extensively for derivation of taxonomy designations of species, families, orders etc. An awful lot of greek in chemistry too, especially biology, in chemistry not so many but biology in particular and particle physics you need a pretty good knowledge of the greek alphabet. There are bits and pieces labeled not just from alpha to omega, so to speak, but right 'through' to zeta (thinking in particular of the zeta opioid receptor, although it doesn't bind opioids IIRC, possibly opioid neuropeptides, but its more based on a loose sequence homology similarity, and that at maybe 40-50% which is as slack as jenny McWhorethy's tartarus chasm. Its more of a growth factor receptor involved in regulation of cell proliferation, and has fuck all to do with painkillers, or delta/kappa opioid receptors, or nociceptin receptors.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1563 on: February 08, 2018, 07:55:52 AM »
Never been to oz, but I'd like to. Never realized you had sisters either Renster. Are they autistic too, or are you an only child with sisters? :P
I have two older sisters and a twin. None of them are autistic. Nearest autie relative I have is a second cousin who's still in high school I think?
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #1564 on: February 18, 2018, 08:58:41 AM »
All from the same parentage (I.e no variation in any of the siblings' paternal or maternal line)?

Because  that is somewhat surprising, given the way autism tends to run in families. And especially an NT twin. Homo- or heterozygous?

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1565 on: February 19, 2018, 02:43:16 AM »
As far as I know, not.

We're fraternal twins - non identical. My twin picked up two blood clotting diseases (prothrombin gene mutation and lupus anticoagulant) while I picked up one (prothrombin gene mutation). If I get a cut or something, I don't bleed much.

Also, I have spina bifida occulta just below my neck.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #1566 on: February 19, 2018, 09:51:24 AM »
Arrgh...SUPER-MUTANT!! icequeen-got any depleted uranium rounds? or do you want to be the one that runs up with the flamer and the turbocharged cattleprod and screams for their lives the entire time before getting both arms and legs ripped off?

(I'm teasing of course, Ren, you know I wouldn't speak ill of you. Its a 'fallout' joke (IQ is it seems, a fellow fan of the series)

I hope the prothrombin mutation you carry doesn't ever cause you any serious problems, embolic stroke, heart attack etc. I'd hate to see that lovely mind you have get messed up, or your heart broken, in either sense of the term. At least you don't bleed as much as usual. Its messy and if its a deep cut, I have to admit, alarming to see arterial squirting coming from one's arm whilst both ringing an ambulance and whipping your shirt off , sticking a screwdriver through it and using it for a tourniquet at the same time as talking on the phone. Brings a whole new meaning to the phrase 'bloody fucking christicles'

I could have used a mutation like that for a while then. It'd have been less messy and squirty and ass slipping on the floor in a pool of arterial gore whilst holding a screwdriver to twist that shirt into a tourniquet and arrival in hospital looking like I'd just been chainsaw-fucked in the spleen with blood dripping out of the T-shirt and me naked from the waist up save only for a piece of metal in my face (no, not the screwdriver, the metal in question is a piercing that is supposed to be there) :autism:

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1567 on: February 19, 2018, 10:21:13 PM »
How did you cut yourself that badly to see arterial blood? :sick:

When I was self harming I cut myself deep enough to need stitches but I just didn't do anything about it, no dressings, nothing. It leaked for about a week while I was in hospital.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #1568 on: February 19, 2018, 10:34:19 PM »
Glass, cut into one of the smaller arteries located at the wrist. And managed to cut a nick a surface vein on top of my arm nearby too, which didn't help in terms of making a bloody mess.

And fuck, Ren hun, that breaks my heart to think of you going through not only that, but feeling so miserable as to resort to it. I'm glad you promised me you wouldn't self harm again, you got no idea how much, because I really do care about you, it hurts just to think if you hitting rock bottom like that.

*offers the renster a big squeeze*

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1569 on: February 19, 2018, 10:42:36 PM »
::hugs Lestat::

It was indeed rock bottom. The worst thing was I was in hospital right after it happened and I got told "We'll do something about that." And they just never did. After all these years the scar is still purple. It didn't heal well. Now I am stuck wearing t-shirts instead of tank tops but that's what I get for doing something that silly.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #1570 on: February 20, 2018, 12:00:37 AM »
Hey, scars or no, you are still pretty :) You made a mistake, a bad one, yeah, but don't hate yourself for it, you don't deserve that from anybody else, so why should you deserve to be hated by yourself for it?

And I've got a big wide (about 1cm at its widest diameter point, in the middle) slice several inches down the inside of my arm, thats obviously not going to go away, although its not differently colored, other than paler), from a sword cut.

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1571 on: February 21, 2018, 04:58:10 AM »
A sword cut? Let's hear the story behind that?
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #1572 on: February 21, 2018, 09:37:13 AM »
A sword :P

Wouldn't be the first time either that I've had sword troubles. My former housemate was a psychotic bipolar borderline false-rape-crying (not against me, but two and possibly as many as five people) Bitch From Hell. That one actually tried to fillet me with a samurai sword after kicking my door in, after I'd barricaded the room shut, and nearly got herself shot as a result.)

I really should have done worse than beat her to the ground, I should have used the sword in my own hands for more than parrying and just stabbed her then and there, right through her windpipe and out through her spine.

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1573 on: February 21, 2018, 09:43:10 PM »
But I've heard that story a number of times. Let's hear the other one.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #1574 on: February 21, 2018, 10:23:49 PM »
I have extremely soft skin. IF you take a woman whose hands are constantly moisturised and manicured and who avoids any activities that might roughen her skin, and then compare the skin on her hands to mine, then her skin is going to feel like leather by comparison. If I don't wear strong cotton gloves when I'm doing something like garden work then the skin tends to flake off like tissue paper.

The upside, if you can call it that, to having this sort of skin is that I can do serious damage to it and it barely leaves a scar. Looking at my hands now I can see a thin line across one knuckle where I put my hand into a heavy ceiling fan that was running at full speed (while taking my shirt off underneath it). And on the index finger on the other hand I can barely even see a line where I accidentally cut literally halfway through the finger with a brand new, extremely sharp kitchen knife, and the blood came spraying out like in a horror movie (that's the only time I ever needed stitches).
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass