Educational

Author Topic: Banned again from WP  (Read 30833 times)

P7PSP

Re: Banned again from WP
« Reply #1545 on: September 28, 2012, 10:04:49 PM »
What "exotic" destinations would anyone want to travel to?

I'd like to return to London and York.

Want to visit Mont St. Michel.
Anak Krakatau, Paris, Eastern Australia, maybe Vancouver Canadia.  :zoinks:
And now I have been to Paris and Eastern Australia. :woohoo:

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #1546 on: October 03, 2012, 07:05:33 PM »
What "exotic" destinations would anyone want to travel to?

I'd like to return to London and York.

Want to visit Mont St. Michel.
Anak Krakatau, Paris, Eastern Australia, maybe Vancouver Canadia.  :zoinks:
And now I have been to Paris and Eastern Australia. :woohoo:

I been to Pakistan, South Africa, Botswana, Zimbabwe, UK, France, and Greece.... yet I don't know which one would be considered exotic

P7PSP

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #1548 on: October 03, 2012, 07:32:33 PM »

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #1549 on: February 01, 2018, 12:00:14 PM »
How did this go to 104 pages?  :dunno:

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #1550 on: February 02, 2018, 12:53:54 AM »
Exotic locations become mundane very quickly.

Is Iceland counted as exotic? I was only there for around 24 hours, so it didn't really have time to become mundane.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #1551 on: February 02, 2018, 08:56:39 AM »
Exotic: of foreign origin or character; not native; introduced from abroad, but not fully naturalized or acclimatized: exotic foods; exotic plants. 2. strikingly unusual or strange in effect or appearance: an exotic hairstyle.

According to the definition I think even Pittsburgh qualifies. :thumbup:

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #1552 on: February 05, 2018, 06:58:25 PM »
I'd love to visit australia some time. So full of unique and peculiar animals, arthropods and plants.

And astonishingly high in intriguing venomous creatures with lots of biotech interest potential. Seems like there is more that has a deadly poisonous bite, sting, nematocyst-loaded tentacles or other parts (hell there are even aussie jellyfish that unlike other jellyfish have their toxic nematocyst stinging-cells located not only on their four tiny tentacles, but also on their bell, no more than the size of a fingernail but capable of killing a man, known as irukanji, although there are several species called that, Carukia barnesii and Malolea are the ones I'm thinking of.

Weird jellyfish, mammals that lay eggs yet feed their young with milk....the deadliest spiders (excluding only the relatives of the recluse spiders, the six-eyed sand-spiders in the family Sicarius, located in Sicariidae, along with the brown recluse and other recluses..recleese?...recleeses? reclusii? recleeses? whatever you call more than one of the buggers) and most of the deadliest snakes, and yet in terms of scorpions, unusually, lacking in particularly lethal ones.

Also the ugly as all fuck stonefish, and the beautiful, tiny (hand-sized at most) yet deadly venomous and as poisonous as they are venomous, blue-ringed octopi of the genus Hapalochlaena, with a bite that can easily pierce a wetsuit and contain the same paralytic neurotoxin tetrodotoxin found in the (in)famous puffer-fishes served in japan by specially licensed and trained chefs (puffer fish, not blue ringed octopi) after long training and eventually having to eat a piece they prepared at the end of it, if they live they qualify), as well as in a tropical pitcher-plant that includes TTX in the bait nectar exuded at the rim of the pitchers, Sarracenia flava, IIRC, that then paralyzes the flies and other critters that come to feed, causing them to fall to their death in the pitcher's flask of digestive enzymes, along also with the fire-bellied american newts, and certain Atelopid toads.

(ain't the orientals just fucking fruitcakes when it comes to eating things that one generally wouldn't think to eat....shee-it,)
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1553 on: February 05, 2018, 09:42:59 PM »
The puffer fishes are called fugu in Japan. Countless people have died thinking they're brave enough to cook and eat them. In Oz, our slang term is blowies.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #1554 on: February 05, 2018, 11:10:03 PM »
Aye lass, I know. I just used the more common term, since many here would recognize 'pufferfish' or 'blowfish' better than the japanese term fugu for the prepared fish, or Tetraodontiformes for the order of fish they come from. Apparently its nearly tasteless, served in really, really thin little slivers. The organs of the fish are also a delicacy there, which are illegally served by some, such as liver and ovaries in portions, these, like the skin and other organs, blood etc, having much more TTX in them than the muscle tissue which is the part served correctly, if you can serve a puffer fish correctly.

Interesting factoid-they, as with blue-ringed octopi and other macro-organisms which harbor tetradotoxin, but they rely on bacteria living within them, such as within the salivary glands of the Hapalochlaena spp. blue-ringed octopi (have you ever seen a blue ringed octopus Ren, a living one? I'd love to. Although I'd not fancy the experience I got when diving in turkey from one of those, where I was scuba-diving so warm a wetsuit was not really needed, one was worn mostly to keep out jellyfish stings from tentacle fragments (they can still sting when the jellyfish is dead, and broken off bits of tentacle can still sting too for a long time, until the nematocysts rot down or discharge from contact with something suitable [nematocysts are the venom delivery of Coelenterata, such as jellyfish, comb jellies, hydras and sea anemones that consist of a coiled barbed micro-sized whiplash that is forcibly everted from a sac of venom by changes in hydrostatic pressure, amongst other trigger factors and are unique to this order of animals. Also their nervous system, of the animals themselves, especially comb-jellies are incredibly different to those of any other known animal, having diffuse neural nets, and in comb jellies, although some are present, even the neurotransmitters used, aside from a few such as serotonin and histamine are vastly, vastly different, so much so we barely understand them now in terms of how they do what they do, and sometimes even afaik what they do. Nervous systems in comb jellys are almost alien in the difference with any other living known creature, so far removed are they from what we understand in any other animal. Weird wee buggers for sure.)

Apparently in japan, they are breeding TTX-free  takifugu, (not sure of the translation, although not to be confused with 'take' which means 'mushroom' as in shiitake, enokitake, ibo-tengutake (the latter is fly agaric, Amanita muscaria, a mushroom that raw, is toxic and is usually regarded outright as toxic, potentially dangerous by mushroom guidebooks, but when properly cooked in the right manner twice, before cooking and serving they can be leached free of poison, and that with a different process, I use to create an ibo-tengutake based spice blend that I LOVE adding to curries, stews, meaty soups and the like, and especially, for rubbing into a steak or two and then frying, based on the cured A.muscaria mushroom, which grows here too commonly, the famed white mushroom with a red-skinned cap surface and golden orange (usually, there are other less common color morphs although I avoid these for ease of identification, and they are rare in any case, so I'd leave those anyway, the classic red cap surface, orange just a few mm underneath the surface and with white spores, warts and ring, gills and stem and most of the cap tissue too, the colored parts being the richest in ibotenic acid, precursor to the psychoactive muscimol when cured as I do, although I use non-psychoactive, although perhaps slightly enlivening and stimulating if a big communal meal with lots of spice were eaten, maybe, just maybe, amount of fly Amanita (a family to be careful with, for the genus Amanita contains some of the deadliest poisons in the mushroom world, and is the family, those within the subsection Phallodeae, containing deadly and cruel, slow acting liver destroying poisons called amatoxins, potent inhibitors of RNA polymerase type II, an enzyme vital for synthesis in cells of various mRNA and other RNA types, which translate DNA into protein output, as well as binding powerfully to actin, a cytoskeletal protein, essentially a component of the internal support architecture of cells) and after a delayed (characteristic of amatoxin poisoning by these deadly varieties of Amanita, Lepiota, Galerina, Conocybe and at least one Hypholoma, H.fasciculare, where it accompanies many other toxins, called fascicolols, or rather they do, for there are at least ten of these deadly cyclic octapeptides) as little as 5mg orally, one bite of one small mushroom is enough to kill an adult slowly and horribly. Nasty bastards, especially since Galerina spp. especially can look a LOT like the valuable Psilocybe cyanescens, one of the most potent psilocybin containing 'shrooms. Although fortunately their spore print is rusty brown whilst that of the valued Psilocybe, a species I like to hunt for in season, and so damn strong that just handling the wet mushrooms with bare hands can make one start tripping pretty well, when removing the wood-chip crud with tissue paper from the mushrooms, the spore print as with all Psilocybes is violaceous-black, quite, quite different and very obvious. So before use I spore print each and every individual mushroom, severing the stalk and keeping it above or to a specific side, uniformly in distribution of each cap, so the two can be matched and any that do not fit the desired spore color are discarded immediately, and if more than a few were found in a big harvest I'd reject the entire lot if I had to, so virulent are the bastards, which can grow in the same patch of wood debris, or even from the same wood-chip. I've seen that, I've even picked and identified a deadly Galerina autumnalis sprouting from the same wood as P.cyanescens, which both were rejected and consigned to a bleach filled toilet on principle then flushed. Since I'd no more either eat the Psilocybe growing so close to a Galerina, than I would lick a turd. Nor would I grow spawn from it since the entire spawn block could be compromised and thus poison potentially absorbed by the growing Psilocybin mushrooms.

Cyans are to be sought for certainly, but one must be careful that way. The chemical Meixner test for amatoxins is of no use in distinguishing them from Psilocybin mushrooms, as the test relies on a reaction between the tryptophan aminoacid residue of the amatoxin polypeptide core, and psilocybin is a tryptamine, a drug formed from tryptophan that has been decarboxylated (a carboxylic acid, inc. aminoacids losing CO2) and high-lignin paper such as ink-free parts of newsprint and hydrochloric acid, which is applied to a sample dropped onto a piece of mushroom to be tested mashed in to such paper (lab filter paper btw is no good, its low in lignin), and then a drop of strong hydrochloric acid applied, the positive result (or false negative due to tryptamines or tryptophan itself, or 5-hydroxytryptophan too presumably, all often found in these psychedelic mushrooms, and in and of itself, innofensive and not a poison) appearing usually within a half hour a a lilac or blueish halo round the mushroom squashed tissue/juice) (note, psilocybin mushrooms often of their own accord, BRUISE blue, but they do this without chemical help from the mycologist's arsenal of reagent tests) Amanitas do not. And they have, with very rare exceptions such as Amanita chlorinosma, which has green spores and greenish gills when the spores ripen, along with a distinctly chlorine gas/hypochlorite-like odor to the whole fungus, white spores, and most commonly, white gills although there are exceptions)

There are good eating species to be found within the genus Amanita, but telling them for what they are needs a good eye and a good reservoir of knowledge and experience along with great care, given the consequences are dire indeed in amatoxin poisoning. Up to fifty-fifty with agressive treatment and the best supportive care, to 90% fatality if untreated. And a nasty way to go too, unless you enjoy shitting your liver out as a bloody faecal milkshake after violent gastroenteritis after 8-15 hours or so usually, then up to a week and a half or so of living hell while you are being made ready for the post-death hell should there be one and you be headed there, along with multiple organ failure, and swelling of the brain, blood electrolytes going again, straight to hell. Kidney failure sometimes as a bonus, as your liver shrivels and dies slowly, along with you. Although a liver transplant and full blood exchange, plus dialysis and plasmapheresis can save lives, and treatment with injectable silymarin, a substance originally isolated from milk-thistle, although of low oral bioavailability, and possibly also thioctic acid as another hepatoprotectant too can help save lives from these amongst the most horrible of fungal little fucking shitbags.

So, your life can, with best medical care, and knowing that after the first couple of days of violent gastroenteritis, there is often a delay of a day or two where the victim feels better, before fulminant liver failure ensues and the patient, after discharge from hospital, apparently well again has happened if they don't know what they are doing or what they are dealing with, be improved to about a 1 in 2 chance of survival.

And some of the edibles in the genus need specific cooking or processing (there is no such cooking or preparation which renders amatoxin-packing fungi non-deadly, and they cause over 90% of fungal fatal poisonings annually worldwide) definitely a group to be well wary of and to eat none of unless you REALLY know what you are doing.

I do, mind you, I've been at it (selftaught) since age 4 at least, as soon as I taught myself to read, with mushroom textbooks lol, out I was hunting, and I've been at it ever since. Definitely like my wild mushrooms, and shop-bought ones of some types, shiitake specifically. Although their oyster mushrooms, at least Pleurotus ostreatus, I don't rate, as being too watery and flabby, much prefer the wild ones, picked fresh from a tree trunk before IDing for sure, cooking and eating. Much tastier. And I'll work up an appetite for breakfast if I'm out before dawn with a torch, hunting for some. And that Fly Amanita (A.muscaria var muscaria) based spice blend I use for red meat, that is my own recipe (fly agaric powder from the caps, heat-dried very slowly over a low heat as base, a few cubebs, some black pepper, chilli pepper, toasted savina habanero type chili, although these are nuclear-grade hot, so be careful and don't touch them without gloves, make damn sure to thoroughly wash knives, pans etc before using for anything else, some pink peppercorn, leaves if I can find some of Polygonum hydropiper, a bistort relative plant, peppery boletus-Chalciporus piperatus, that grows with Amanita muscaria under silver birch trees as a parasite on the Amanita mycelium, szechuan pepper, and a few other spices, sometimes a pinch of ginger powder if I want a little sweetening fire...I never make a chili con carne without it, or do a steak. Of course it means hunting for the two mushrooms, which aside from the Amanita, cannot be bought, the Amanita can sometimes through online head shops selling psychoactive plants and fungi etc. but not peppery bolete. So it means going out and digging up a supply for oneself, and curing the Amanitas at home.

Although I've never, ever had a problem with it. Its not hard, just needs doing. The results are quite worth the hunt and the night and day spent curing the fly agaric caps (I only don't use the stems because I don't consider them as good, not because they are dangerous, just, to me, worthless compared to the caps, the best bit, and easiest to prepare after the water laden gills are scraped away with a spoon, then the mushrooms turned upside down, and heated in an oven over the lowest possible flame on foil lined baking trays, turning them once in a while to ensure an even cure and proper drying, since I pick kilos yearly, for use both as herbal medicine and as a spice for my kitchen.)

In fact, come to think of it, I'll be using it maybe tomorrow or the next day, if I decide to eat the two big thick juicy beef steaks I bought, nice fresh prime rump made a couple of inches thick, to give me something to chew on and fill a hole ever hungry for MEAAAAATTTTT (aren't little babies such lovely things.....:autism: so tender and sweet when given a light toasting and then pan fried in slices. Although don't do those in the microwave, the heads explode :LOL1) and for meaaaaaat that comes in the form of deceased bovine liberally sprinkled with my mushroom-version of honeyed MSG plus a mixture of nuclear fireball peppers of various kinds, and some more exotic relatives of pepper like cubeb, that numb the mouth, as well as szechuan pepper that does too, like a local anaesthetic and allows for the chef to put in far hotter ingredients and more of them than are normally tolerable or desirable and still make for a slab of dead cow to drool at the mere thought, nevermind the smell of (albeit when cooking its best to stay out of the kitchen, because the fumes that are released from the peppers being pan-fried as the spice paste with a little oil, sprinkled all over and into deep cross-cut slashes are, to say the least, something you want the windows and door wide open for and extractor fan on. Ideally, I'll wear an old gas mask filter canister on my older mask for organics only, that got retired after they ceased making new filters for that model at the factory end, because the fumes pack a vicious bite to them if breathed in or they get to the eyes or nose or lips. Its like a flamethrower in a pan, only that turns out really delish once finished A veritable nuke in a pan those fumes are and will really knock you sideways if you happen not to expect it and walk into my kitchen when I'm doing steak :green:

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1555 on: February 07, 2018, 05:32:21 AM »
As a kid I used to go to the beach with my family quite often. I was always wary though, of what was in the water. Seaweed used to freak me out because I didn't know what was in it. Once all three of my sisters got stung by jellyfish and I didn't. I still don't know what that's like and hope I never do. I live near the beach now yet I hardly ever go to it. My eyesight is a lot worse now than when I was a kid so I don't really like going swimming without my glasses on.

I haven't seen a blue ringed octopus live but seen plenty on TV. Their rings can get very bright, beware!
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #1556 on: February 07, 2018, 03:27:09 PM »
On the milder end, it stings. Mildest ones are little worse than a nettle sting or wasp sting if the jellyfish has a bit more kick to it and one comes into contact with more tentacle area and thus more nematocysts discharge their barbed, toxic micro-whips into you then all the worse for the person stung. I've heard portugese man'o'war (actually a colonial polypoid critter rather than a true jellyfish, but known, although I haven't, thankfully had the experience personally of being stung) to have a usually nonfatal but bloody painful sting.

Although where you are Ren, in australia, there are some really deadly ones. I've been stung by english jellyfish, and the very mildest, small ones and it wasn't enjoyable of course, but nothing like what ozzy jellyfish can do. Chironex, the common nasty bastard, such as C.fleckeri, are notorious, because they inflict severe and agonizing physical burns, as if someone was lashed with a razor-edged red hot chain-whip, and pack such a powerful cardiotoxin that someone can be dead within three minutes, or less, if a lot of tentacle area contacts the victim and treatment is not given immediately (for Chironex, the box jellyfish, vinegar as you probably know, Ren, is the first response and then antivenin).

Irukanji, the tiny little creatures with four tiny tentacles, one at each corner of their cuboidal body plans, and nematocyst stinging cells all over their bells unlike other jellyfish too not just the tentacles, are far, far slower, and indeed people may not notice at first they were stung, until the venom acts, even hours later, and then causes a MASSIVE sympathetic hyperactivation, a huge release of adrenaline and noradrenaline, causing severe panic reaction, vicious, vicious backaches, huge rise in heart rate and blood pressure, cramping all over the body, shaking, potentially even somebody stroking out in fatal cases and dying from a brain haemorrhage or heart attack.

Never been to oz, but I'd like to. Never realized you had sisters either Renster. Are they autistic too, or are you an only child with sisters? :P

But the place does seem rather full of animals that pack one hell of a venomous punch. From jellyfish that can strike one down in a couple of minutes, to natures ADORABLY cute, but (in the males at least) venomous drunken, hungover mistake, the platypus (lol aren't they just the cutest little things when they are babies too, they do LOOK snuggly don't they? I've seen pictures, with someone who was caring for them, with a pair of tiny little baby platypuses..platypi? cradled in their hands, little bigger, the pair of them than a small can of red-bull energy drink, and fuck me with a pitchfork up the bum hole, if those weren't some of the most adorable wee sights I've ever seen, save only for my ex fiancee, my imzadi (Although she was a lot bigger than a can of red bull lol. Not OVERsized. Perfect sized of course, although she did carry more mass a lot of the time what with her tendency to go full on human cannonball, and be met with another accelerating mass of autie coming from the opposite direction to my imzadi, than her petite self would at first appear to have. More velocity means bigger impact. And that was her specialty. Other than eating people xD)

Although I'd prefer her to a platypus anyday, I'd still not say 'no' to a platypus, especially a female one (the females lack the crural spurs that deliver the venom.)

As for octopi...not a blue ringed one, but I did once get a  regular octopus try to french kiss me haha. Clamped itself right on my face like a damn facehugger from one of the 'alien' movies. Although it did come off, eventually. And then seemed quite content to be quite playful, walking around up my arms, no alarm ink-spraying, just wriggling around in and around my cupped hands, up my arms etc, until I gently offered the large empty snail shell it came out of to it, and after a little more curious-seeming explorative behavior on the part of the cephalopod in question, it decided to return and slither back inside it's home.

Quite a little cutie really. About the size of a pair of interlocked hands creating a fist, in terms of body size, although the tentacles made it much wider than that (about the size of a human head in length, if wrapped round said head and face :autism:). If it weren't for their only living a few years then I'd actually go for an octopus as a pet. (they tend to live about 4-5 years, quite unusually short lifespans for such an intelligent creature), although octopi are WELL known to be quite the talented escape-artists, and smart enough to wriggle out of a tank, wriggle across a lab and into a tank of fish, go grab one, munch it down, then sneak back into its own tank, leaving a few dead fish bits behind, as if nothing had happened. Clever, sneaky and damn good at getting out of even the smallest little crack or crevice. They can squirt themselves into really small holes and ooze out of the other side if there is one. Or into huge snail shells, to await a curious scuba-diver and his face. I SO wish someone down there at the time had had an underwater camera or video recorder for that, to capture my face full of cephalopod and its subsequent playfulness and exploring and interacting with me. Was quite fun actually, to get to interact with that wee octopus in its natural environment, not in a tank etc. Cute as hell (not like a Renster, but still, very cute :D)

And shitty eyesight blows asshole. I know too well, after having to wear the eyepatch for ages after my cornea got hit with boiling corrosive high-velocity alkali sludges when it hit my eye and burnt through the surface. Fuck ME did that ever hurt like a real bitch. Even with additional oxycodone being added to my pain script, and both a script for amongst 5-6 other sorts of drops, a local anaesthetic, tetracaine and some propoxymethacaine, and even stealing some of the locals from the eye hospital (of course I left them plenty, just took more vials to put into my own, agonized eye hole, and soothe my scorched eyelids etc. (I reckon that isn't too big of a sin, considering the circumstances, when even IV opiates from my own med-kit and a full two tanks of 'gas and air' (nitrous oxide/N2O) drained dry, one in the ambulance, within 20 minutes or so, and another, much bigger tank, emptied in the hospital. The nitrous did help though, as did the local, and yeah the oxy helped SOME after getting the script increased over what I had to start with by at least twofold (and lol the doctor clinic forgot about that, and its still the other 80mg of oxy IR a day they gave me for the eye per day, even now the burn has healed). I'm keeping my mouth shut to them about that particular oversight on their part, along with the continually refilled benzo script, although I only use the benzo PRN.  Usually, unless the occasional pill on some weeks if seizures are threatening seriously and chlormethiazole ain't enough, then I'll take the far longer acting, although GABA binding dependent benzo, nitrazepam, the strongass hypnotic/sedative, but also with anticonvulsant properties that are by no means weak, to make it safe to sleep, without the other drug wearing off and my having more fits on waking up. But usually its PRN, as 70mg nitrazepam twice a week, on just two days together since nobody wants to be on them like they prescribed for, twice a fucking day every day (5mg, twice a day, rather than 140 over two days, but the latter has proved far safer and not produced a dependency, which is exactly the nasty shit
I am seeking to avoid. And rare, occasional recreational use of the benzo as a cleaner and longer alternative to alcohol, but thats just once in a while, as I'm not really one of those people that takes to benzos like fire takes to a petrol refinery crewed by chainsmoking epileptic blind men.)

And don't you worry, I'd know Hapalochlaena spp. if I saw one, and I'd certainly not poke one, and if it did surprise me and clamp on to my mask, I'd just discard the mask until the blue-ringer fucked off of its own accord. I've no wish to get bitten by the beak in one of those slippery, wriggling little fuckers.

I'd love to see one in the wild though, especially if it naturally showed off its rings getting pissy at an object of some sort. And no not THAT kinda showing off THAT kind of ring :P Not sure if octopi HAVE an arse but still, I don't need to see it.

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Delicious and refreshing.
« Reply #1557 on: February 07, 2018, 04:08:30 PM »
Octopodes is apparently the logical way to say the plural of octopus. Watch the video for correct pronunciation.

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/explore/what-are-the-plurals-of-octopus-hippopotamus-syllabus
:dog:

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #1558 on: February 07, 2018, 04:34:53 PM »
I've only seen it as octopi though, or occasionally octopuses. But octopi seems better to me.

One thing I know, is that whilst I used to eat 'em, I haven't ever eaten another octopus, not since that meeting with one on its own terms. So bright, for a creature without a spinal column, and I don't want to be responsible for people killing them. Especially as they are often incapacitated by turning them inside out, and then their internal organ sack is wrenched away from their tentacles. Which to do that to especially an intelligent creature, IMO is sick as fuck.

I do eat squid rings though. Squid are known to be much less intellectual than an octopus ever will be, and they are dumb enough to jump onto and impale themselves on a naked fishing hook. Not the sharpest tool in the shed. I love calamari. But I only eat what I know to be squid. And even then I want a humane quick kill.

But I won't eat octopus anymore. They are sweet things, or they can be, when they want to be and aren't molested. (octopus molestering...now thats something you don't hear of every day. Thankfully. Although I did once see a picture of a woman with an octopus crawling out of her beef curtains haha. Not something I was looking for when looking for pictures featuring octopi....cephalopod bestiality...jesus H...some people are fucked, in both senses of the word. Although its usually not by an octopus:P)

Dogs, yes, cats, pigs, horses have been heard of, even snakes. But an octopus? thats just WEIRD shit. Some women put some weird things up some weird places (considering the things being put up there)

I've even seen things like a hair brush, a doll with its head ripped off....even a paintbrush up a cervix lmao.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1559 on: February 07, 2018, 05:37:40 PM »
I find that boiled, not fried squid has a similar taste and texture to stewed tripe.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv: