Author Topic: wrongplanet - "interacting with blacks"  (Read 2486 times)

hiroshima

Re: wrongplanet - "interacting with blacks"
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2006, 08:38:46 AM »
I still don't understand what is offensive about that thread.  Where I live, we call black people "blacks" and (the males) "homeboys."  Neither is considered offensive around here. ???

Offline Draggon

• L337 H@X0R 0V T3H @$P13 L337
  • Postwhore
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2006, 02:46:45 PM »
I still don't understand what is offensive about that thread.  Where I live, we call black people "blacks" and (the males) "homeboys."  Neither is considered offensive around here. ???
I dunno
Probably most blacks would laugh and roll their eyes, but I guess a lot of white people need to make a big display of expressing moral outrage to show how "racially sensitive" they are.   :laugh:
It was kind of a tactless way to bring up the topic but I dont' think the discussion is really offensive
"run with a pack, not with a herd"

Offline Tom/Mutate

• bass martian
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2006, 02:51:00 PM »
I didnt bother reading the thread to be honest.  I just assumed that everybody here would read it for me, and that it would be funny.

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2006, 03:07:39 PM »
I'm terrified of offending them, but i bet if i said it most of them would be likely to find it hilarious rather than offensive.  Because I never say it, it sounds neither smooth nor rhythmically pleasing.  Ever notice how movie stars can make the word shit or motherfucker(samuel l jackson in particular) sound good, and other people it sounds really hateful or terrible?
And as always, these are simply my worthless opinions.
Reverence is fine, Sanctity is silly.
We're all fucked, it helps to remember that.

Teejay

« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2006, 07:11:19 PM »

I'm cool those people of Sub-Saharan African descent, although I am racist towards people of Australian Aboriginal descent, but so are a lot of provincal and rural working class Australians, we have to put up with the shit our Abo neighbours have to do like the various criminal acts, petrol sniffing and etc.

Offline Leto729

• The God Emperor of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2006, 07:18:46 PM »
I have yet found nothing offensive checking out the thread yet.
Guardian of the Empire

Offline Praetor

• Constant Poster
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2006, 02:30:35 AM »
Once you go black, you don't got back

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2006, 04:01:07 AM »
if it wasn't then, it is now.
Misunderstood.

thepeaguy

« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2006, 11:15:58 AM »
Once you go black, you don't go back

It seems that way:

:p

Offline Silk

• Complicated
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Trust Me
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2006, 11:47:08 AM »

I'm cool those people of Sub-Saharan African descent, although I am racist towards people of Australian Aboriginal descent, but so are a lot of provincal and rural working class Australians, we have to put up with the shit our Abo neighbours have to do like the various criminal acts, petrol sniffing and etc.

So I've heard. It's your own government's fault for remaining ignorant about their beliefs and customs. I remember reading an article about one rapes case the courts didn't even try to prosecute because the guy said it was part of some custom. It's not, and the victim's family and researchers tried to tell the authorities that, but they still wouldn't listen.
George:I'd say I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I'm not. I excel at not giving a shit. Experience has taught me that interest begets expectation, and expectation beget disappointment, so the key to avoiding disappointment is to avoid interest. A equals B equals C Equals A, or whatever. I also don't have a lot of interest in being a good person or a bad person. From what I can tell, either way, you're screwed. Bad people are punished by society's laws, and good people are punished by Murphy's Law

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2006, 01:27:54 PM »
Once you go black, you don't got back

What about if you are black, and you go white(purpleish), can you go back?
And as always, these are simply my worthless opinions.
Reverence is fine, Sanctity is silly.
We're all fucked, it helps to remember that.

hiroshima

« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2006, 02:10:12 PM »
I think on WP saying anything about race is considered offensive.  Go figure :-\.

But have you see the "what is wrong with white people" thread?  It says we (they) don't dress wisely for cold weather.

Offline Silk

• Complicated
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Trust Me
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2006, 04:14:58 PM »
I think on WP saying anything about race is considered offensive.  Go figure :-\.

But have you see the "what is wrong with white people" thread?  It says we (they) don't dress wisely for cold weather.

I didn't even bother responding to that thread. The person who started it was just too dumb for even words to describe.
George:I'd say I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I'm not. I excel at not giving a shit. Experience has taught me that interest begets expectation, and expectation beget disappointment, so the key to avoiding disappointment is to avoid interest. A equals B equals C Equals A, or whatever. I also don't have a lot of interest in being a good person or a bad person. From what I can tell, either way, you're screwed. Bad people are punished by society's laws, and good people are punished by Murphy's Law

Teejay

« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2006, 06:10:43 PM »

So I've heard. It's your own government's fault for remaining ignorant about their beliefs and customs. I remember reading an article about one rapes case the courts didn't even try to prosecute because the guy said it was part of some custom. It's not, and the victim's family and researchers tried to tell the authorities that, but they still wouldn't listen.

Well that is political correctness in action our bureaucrats and other officals believe in that crap strongly.

Scrapheap

« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2010, 09:14:09 PM »
WRONGPLANET :GA::GA::GA: WRONGPLANET :GA::GA::GA: WRONGPLANET :GA::GA::GA: WRONGPLANET :GA::GA::GA: WRONGPLANET