Author Topic: wrongplanet - "interacting with blacks"  (Read 2482 times)

Offline Tom/Mutate

• bass martian
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
wrongplanet - "interacting with blacks"
« on: September 26, 2006, 08:04:02 AM »
Wrongplanet has a thread called  "interacting with blacks"  to teach us aspies how to interact with black people properley!  Good old WP eh.   Where would we be without them? 

http://www.wrongplanet.net/asperger.html?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=17655&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=30

thepeaguy

Re: wrongplanet - "interacting with blacks"
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2006, 08:08:06 AM »
Wrongplanet has a thread called  "interacting with blacks"  to teach us aspies how to interact with black people properley!  Good old WP eh.   Where would we be without them? 

http://www.wrongplanet.net/asperger.html?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=17655&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=30

I interact with Sorceress Pol with no issues, what with that fine, ebony snatch bank of hers.

And Dunc, too.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2006, 08:47:50 AM »
why is yupa a moderator, he makes so many mistakes.  and being just 16 years old he has limited lifes experience.

what is wrong with a person with ASD in showing an ignorance of social skills.

if i were xon i would be pissed.  i wouldn't have left it there, i would have taken it over his head.
Misunderstood.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2006, 08:48:41 AM »

I interact with Sorceress Pol with no issues, what with that fine, ebony snatch bank of hers.

And Dunc, too.

But Dunc's not black, he's a mutt :D

Offline Silk

• Complicated
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Trust Me
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2006, 08:54:00 AM »

And Dunc, too.

:laugh:
George:I'd say I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I'm not. I excel at not giving a shit. Experience has taught me that interest begets expectation, and expectation beget disappointment, so the key to avoiding disappointment is to avoid interest. A equals B equals C Equals A, or whatever. I also don't have a lot of interest in being a good person or a bad person. From what I can tell, either way, you're screwed. Bad people are punished by society's laws, and good people are punished by Murphy's Law

thepeaguy

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2006, 09:01:13 AM »

And Dunc, too.

But Dunc's not black, he's a mutt :D

Ja

Big it up for the mutt communitah!
« Last Edit: September 26, 2006, 09:02:53 AM by thepeaguy »

thepeaguy

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2006, 09:08:44 AM »
Oh, and why is it that when the black minority gets involved with with the white majority, the whites immediately break out on a discussion on race?

Can anyone notice the joke there? No? Then I must be slipping.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2006, 09:11:36 AM by thepeaguy »

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2006, 09:21:27 AM »
I have a semi offensive view when it comes to blacks.  See, first thing is that I don't think there is anything special or ingenius that you have to know in order to interact with them smoothly.  Common sense, kindness, patience.  But I really would like, and i know it is asking too much, that they give me more patience, try to be overly friendly, and considerate when I interact with them.  Because any time I want to socialize with them I am SO afraid of offending them.  And I can EASILY mistake the playful back and forth mocking and jesting that is normal for any human conversation as them not liking me, or thinking i'm stupid, or that i've offended them.  And it isn't just blacks, that goes for any race or ethnicity, and the handicapped.

But it is kind of asking too much for them to give me the benefit of the doubt.  They definitely can't know it before hand, they probably wont believe I'm serious or how severe it is for me, and people are disinclined to socialize with people who are extra work.  That combined with the fact that not 100% of the population is so interested in becoming my friend that they'd even consider it(actually the percentage is very very small in my mind because I'm feeling pessemistic right now(not depressive, it isn't 0, i'd call it 12%)), so the whole thing is difficult and makes me nervous.
And as always, these are simply my worthless opinions.
Reverence is fine, Sanctity is silly.
We're all fucked, it helps to remember that.

Offline Tom/Mutate

• bass martian
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2006, 09:40:46 AM »
I must admit Pol was the first person I thought of when I saw the thread.   I am not a PC nut by any means, but if I was a WP admin I would at least ask the thread starter to change the title to "interactions with black people".   It just sounds nicer to me.

thepeaguy

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2006, 09:41:47 AM »
I must admit Pol was the first person I thought of when I saw the thread.   I am not a PC nut by any means, but if I was a WP admin I would at least ask the thread starter to change the title to "interactions with black people".   It just sounds nicer to me.

Or how about "mutts"?

duncvis

« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2006, 05:03:33 PM »
and i think i everyone here knows where i stand on blacks

knee deep in bullshit?  :angel:

richard

« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2006, 08:31:28 PM »
 :laugh:

Offline Leto729

• The God Emperor of the Aspie Elite