Author Topic: Got arrested yesterday!  (Read 4360 times)

P7PSP

Re: Got arrested yesterday!
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2010, 08:34:47 PM »

It seems like craziness in a country that has some pretty generous gun laws, that mouthing off to protect yourself is punishable by law?
The Penis mightier conundrum.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2010, 08:40:10 PM »

It seems like craziness in a country that has some pretty generous gun laws, that mouthing off to protect yourself is punishable by law?

I wonder if that "cursing and abuse" thing is some statute from 1756 or somewhere thereabouts that's never been taken off the books.  :thumbdn:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2010, 08:57:17 PM »
I looked at Trigger11's profile, but have no clue where he's from so the application of the law is murky to me.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2010, 02:26:49 AM »
I looked at Trigger11's profile, but have no clue where he's from so the application of the law is murky to me.

Callaway says upthread that he lives right here in the U.S.! I can't believe telling some harassing creep to fuck off is a punishable offense!  :facepalm2:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2010, 08:07:17 AM »

I'm more interested in a man's oral skills than his gun.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2010, 12:38:02 PM »

Callaway says upthread that he lives right here in the U.S.! I can't believe telling some harassing creep to fuck off is a punishable offense!  :facepalm2:

He lives South of the Mason Dixion line where there are lots of religious nuts that need a crackin'
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

P7PSP

« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2010, 07:29:02 PM »

I'm more interested in a man's oral skills than his gun.
The Curious Case Of The Cunning Linguist. Holmes lost to a Frenchman.

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2010, 12:04:36 AM »
I tend to look at both sides here:

Trigger11 is a self-confessed anal-retentive, so his over-morality and over-adherence to speed limits etc. WILL piss off a fair few people. Even though the guy giving abuse may be an arsehole, it was most likely caused by trigger11's urge to drive slow.

Policemen are usually bored fuckers, especially if they're in a quiet spot. Just because they've the power of authority does not mean they're instantly true and just. As they are human, they are suspectible to the same human nature as the rest of us. This guy making up bullshit as an excuse to arrest is an example of that.

Offline Eclair

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2010, 01:09:01 AM »
I tend to look at both sides here:

Trigger11 is a self-confessed anal-retentive, so his over-morality and over-adherence to speed limits etc. WILL piss off a fair few people. Even though the guy giving abuse may be an arsehole, it was most likely caused by trigger11's urge to drive slow.

Policemen are usually bored fuckers, especially if they're in a quiet spot. Just because they've the power of authority does not mean they're instantly true and just. As they are human, they are suspectible to the same human nature as the rest of us. This guy making up bullshit as an excuse to arrest is an example of that.

Where does Trigger say he is anal attentive?

Adherence to speed limits doesn't mean that people deserve to be abused. And the limits in a car park are understandable, given that small children and pedestrians are in the vicinity.

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2010, 01:26:46 AM »

He mentioned it here and on ZOMG a few times. Along with his obsession with everything being eco-friendly and sofourth. Trigger has issues before with people due to his awkward aspie manner of abiding laws etc.

An example was when he refused to sell cigarettes to a customer "due to moral reasons" in his past.

Adherence to speed limits doesn't mean that people deserve to be abused. And the limits in a car park are understandable, given that small children and pedestrians are in the vicinity.

The abuse obviously was ignited before trigger arrived to the car park, because the other guy was behind him on the road (followed me into a parking lot). This leads to question if the actual reason of the guy getting pissed off was due to trigger's slow driving on the road (possibly slower than the limit), the rage caused by something most drivers get at various degrees: road rage. :laugh:
« Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 01:32:37 AM by Mr Shledge »

Offline Eclair

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2010, 02:32:45 AM »

He mentioned it here and on ZOMG a few times. Along with his obsession with everything being eco-friendly and sofourth. Trigger has issues before with people due to his awkward aspie manner of abiding laws etc.

An example was when he refused to sell cigarettes to a customer "due to moral reasons" in his past.

The abuse obviously was ignited before trigger arrived to the car park, because the other guy was behind him on the road (followed me into a parking lot). This leads to question if the actual reason of the guy getting pissed off was due to trigger's slow driving on the road (possibly slower than the limit), the rage caused by something most drivers get at various degrees: road rage. :laugh:

So, are you going to provide a link to these said observations of Trigger?

I think you are assuming a lot about what led to the altercation. And if Trigger was driving at the limit and someone got pissed off....WTF does that have to do with AS? As you say 'his awkward Aspie manner of abiding laws'....ah, I don't think it's just people with AS who abide laws.

I just don't see your point in calling out someone as having awkward AS traits because they abide by the law. I think most people are expected to abide by the law.

Besides, your assumption of the story is all heresay.

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2010, 03:39:27 AM »
Well, they were hardly flying before they got to the carpark. Maybe they were sailing? Or walking with cars attached to them? That isn't heresay that they were driving on the road first, that's common sense.

Also, there's a major difference between law abiding and "awkward Aspie manner of abiding laws". The former can do it without pissing many people off. The latter takes the laws literally and awkwardly abides them, causing more harm than good. For example, going 20mph on a 60mph motorway because they see that as a sure fire way to not get in trouble. Another example would be to not download stuff off torrent websites because they see it as "strictly against the law", even though it's extremely hard to enforce piracy laws online.

I'm sure Trigger will explain, so we will see if my assumption that it was caused by his slow driving is correct. As for links, look them up yourself.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 03:41:22 AM by Mr Shledge »

Offline Eclair

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2010, 06:15:29 AM »
As for links, look them up yourself.

As you will see the premise of this site is;

" There are no boundaries here over what may be said, save for one rule - be prepared to back up your words. "

Too lazy to back them up?

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2010, 06:51:36 AM »
At any rate, being busted for swearing is a load of bullshit. Are people really that trivially motivated, to even care about such superficial concepts like swearing in public? I think there are far worse things going on right now that need more attention, I mean please.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 06:54:16 AM by ProfessorFarnsworth »
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

Osensitive1

« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2010, 06:56:42 AM »
This leads to question if the actual reason of the guy getting pissed
Who cares if a terrorist feels provoked? Have experienced being followed in the car by an angry stranger, home in fact. Who is the more offensive one? Sometimes people are really creepy.