Author Topic: Islam is a dangerous, fanatical religion  (Read 13543 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Islam is a dangerous, fanatical religion
« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2006, 03:58:11 AM »
Whats the big deal?   Does noone agree with his original post?

Doesn't look that way, does it?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Beowulf

• Frequent Poster
    • Click Here
« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2006, 04:54:00 AM »
It doesn't look like Crusader is getting the response s/he expected. Anyone for a flame fest yet? ;) ;D

Crusader's post was too moronic to bother with.  He/she has posted here before, under other names, but they've never succeeded in excreting a semi-intelligent utterance.

What names?

In case anyone is wondering, I am not Crusader, although I would agree that Islam is a danger to the West. Not because of "weapons of mass destruction", but because of Muslim immigration into the West, high Muslim birthrates and the West's own liberalism. The delusions some people have about Islam never cease to amaze me.
"Someday a real rain will come ..."

duncvis

« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2006, 04:55:45 AM »
Nah, not you. Different racist - you have the guts to attach your own screenname to your opinions.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2006, 04:59:18 AM »
What names?

In case anyone is wondering, I am not Crusader, although I would agree that Islam is a danger to the West. Not because of "weapons of mass destruction", but because of Muslim immigration into the West, high Muslim birthrates and the West's own liberalism. The delusions some people have about Islam never cease to amaze me.

I didn't think you were even though the bigotry and the hatred are identical.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Beowulf

• Frequent Poster
    • Click Here
« Reply #34 on: September 21, 2006, 05:06:33 AM »
What if I am right about Islam? Then what I am saying is not a matter of "bigotry" or "hatred" at all, but a matter of self-preservation.

Making inferences about a person's mental state or "hateful" intentions before (or often just instead of) addressing their arguments is a totalitarian technique.
"Someday a real rain will come ..."

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #35 on: September 21, 2006, 05:14:07 AM »
from what i have seen is that there are two types of islamic believers.
the peaceful type and the fanatical types.
those who are peaceful seem to be good damn people.
Misunderstood.

duncvis

« Reply #36 on: September 21, 2006, 05:23:08 AM »
those who are peaceful seem to be good damn people.

quoted for truth. when I get in a jam its frequently muslims who help me out, going beyond what would be reasonable to expect. The concept of viewing others as your brothers and giving aid and support to those who need it is not lost on all in our community, fortunately.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #37 on: September 21, 2006, 05:57:06 AM »
What if I am right about Islam? Then what I am saying is not a matter of "bigotry" or "hatred" at all, but a matter of self-preservation.

Making inferences about a person's mental state or "hateful" intentions before (or often just instead of) addressing their arguments is a totalitarian technique.

My objections to crusaider's post aren't to do with any belief I have that Islam is a religion of hugs and puppies; the objection is to the hopelessly simplistic and over-generalising nature of the post, which inclines me not to bother with a well thought-out response.  If the post had expressed a similar opinion about the same issues, but with evidence of being the product of some quality thought on the part of the author, I'd have taken more notice.

As it happens, I think the Islamic religion, both in it's fundamental nature as laid out in the Qur'an and Hadith, and in it's interpretation by it's adherents in light of their co-existing cultural ideosyncracies, can often create a rather explosive mixture (pun intended), as a culture of honour and violence meets a call to jihad, with the west fanning the flames all the way with their constant meddling in Middle-Eastern affairs.

However, I also understand that Islam is a religion that encompases many cultures, and the unique mixture in each case results in different outcomes, such that to treat muslims as a cohesive whole is meaningless for the purpose of understanding them.  Some people who preach it do indeed believe that women should be subjugated, but others do not.  Some have no respect for human life, but others do.  Calling every single muslim 'evil' is a cheap cop-out from proper thought.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #38 on: September 21, 2006, 12:42:37 PM »

But making gross generalisations is not? You're not right about Islam, and if you had followed some of the links I provided you with some weeks ago and actually read up on the subject, from the source, you would know this. As things stand, you are ignorant AND bigoted.

Oh, and speaking of generalisations, what is that you have against "liberalism"?

- Albert Einstein

Crusader

« Reply #39 on: September 21, 2006, 01:07:10 PM »
Liberalism is the mother of all evils. Through this we have allowed Muslims infidels to permeate our culture and lands. Now they have their minions within out midst, they will not stop until the society and value we cherish have been obliterated. It is an ulterior plot by the liberalist political classes in collusion with their Muslims friends, as they hate our country and our way of life. They seek to end capitalism and the consumer society because they accuse that system of irreversibly harming humankind. It is through their own disatisfaction with their achievements that they choose to wage a war on Western ways.

There is no negotiation with this foe, the only solution is a new 14th crusade by Christian warriors that we shall reclaim the Holy Land and redeem the inhabitants from forever sinning.

I hereby call on people here to join in this fight.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #40 on: September 21, 2006, 01:09:41 PM »
Have I been bad? ;D

you have to ask?  mind you, i can only comment on my own experience (i.e., how you are with me) of course, being a Fair Witness - just call me Anne...

(karma for knowing the reference, and if FWs weren't aspies, then i'm a banananananana).

Heinlein? What was that book, "Stranger in a Strange Land"?

:-*  marvellous.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #41 on: September 21, 2006, 01:11:50 PM »
Liberalism is the mother of all evils. Through this we have allowed Muslims infidels to permeate our culture and lands. Now they have their minions within out midst, they will not stop until the society and value we cherish have been obliterated. It is an ulterior plot by the liberalist political classes in collusion with their Muslims friends, as they hate our country and our way of life. They seek to end capitalism and the consumer society because they accuse that system of irreversibly harming humankind. It is through their own disatisfaction with their achievements that they choose to wage a war on Western ways.

There is no negotiation with this foe, the only solution is a new 14th crusade by Christian warriors that we shall reclaim the Holy Land and redeem the inhabitants from forever sinning.

amazing - it can read pamphlets.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #42 on: September 21, 2006, 01:29:38 PM »

Here's a link for you: http://www.islamonline.net/English/index.shtml. Start with Ask the Scholar link. Good luck!

- Albert Einstein

Crusader

« Reply #43 on: September 21, 2006, 02:02:54 PM »
It doesn't look like Crusader is getting the response s/he expected. Anyone for a flame fest yet? ;) ;D

Crusader's post was too moronic to bother with.  He/she has posted here before, under other names, but they've never succeeded in excreting a semi-intelligent utterance.

What names?

Indeed if millions of mere mortals can be brainwashed by this extreme religion and nobody sees it, then what will save humanity? You are so right in your statements of 'bigotry'.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #44 on: September 21, 2006, 02:18:21 PM »
Whose sockpuppet are you, Crusader?

- Albert Einstein