Author Topic: Islam is a dangerous, fanatical religion  (Read 13725 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Islam is a dangerous, fanatical religion
« Reply #420 on: November 28, 2017, 03:32:03 PM »
Ah. The druggie bigot is making excuses.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline FourAceDeal

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #421 on: November 29, 2017, 04:33:46 AM »
I really can't make any head space spare for this discussion.  It's simply not worth it.
Ever got that feeling that you're trying to teach a dog a card trick?

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #422 on: November 29, 2017, 05:32:12 AM »
Has anyone worked out yet that trying to combat violent extremism with bombs and stuff just creates more violent extremism.

Someone hazarded a guess further up the thread that about 0.3% of Muslims are extremists. You can try to kill all of those extremists and you might even take out a bit chunk of them along with a huge number of non-extremists. But in the process you will stir up enough hatred that you'll likely drag a chunk of the 99.7% of Muslims in the non-extremist camp into the extremist camp, and end up in a worse situation than you were in when you started.

Sound familiar?
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline FourAceDeal

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #423 on: November 29, 2017, 05:45:09 AM »
Has anyone worked out yet that trying to combat violent extremism with bombs and stuff just creates more violent extremism.

Someone hazarded a guess further up the thread that about 0.3% of Muslims are extremists. You can try to kill all of those extremists and you might even take out a bit chunk of them along with a huge number of non-extremists. But in the process you will stir up enough hatred that you'll likely drag a chunk of the 99.7% of Muslims in the non-extremist camp into the extremist camp, and end up in a worse situation than you were in when you started.

Sound familiar?

Well you can prove anything by using facts.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #424 on: November 29, 2017, 05:45:59 AM »

Sound familiar?

Oh that is terrific logic there. I have a better idea. Let's take it to the next level.

Let all Muslims go unpoliced. Seriously who wants to risk being called a bigot, why not just exempt anyone who is Muslim of any of the laws that bind a community? I think any terrorist attacks or crimes of violence ought to be waved away. I do not think attacks like the one at Nice, France or at the Ariana Grande concert or in Brussels ought to be either investigated nor the perpetrators stopped. They will surely get bored eventually from killing people. You should not hurt them as they are trying to murder citizens because otherwise other Muslims may not like it and may call you a bigot.

Minister of Funny Walks logic is funny.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline FourAceDeal

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #425 on: November 29, 2017, 05:59:47 AM »

Oh that is terrific logic there. I have a better idea. Let's take it to the next level.

Let all Muslims go unpoliced. Seriously who wants to risk being called a bigot, why not just exempt anyone who is Muslim of any of the laws that bind a community? I think any terrorist attacks or crimes of violence ought to be waved away. I do not think attacks like the one at Nice, France or at the Ariana Grande concert or in Brussels ought to be either investigated nor the perpetrators stopped. They will surely get bored eventually from killing people. You should not hurt them as they are trying to murder citizens because otherwise other Muslims may not like it and may call you a bigot.

You're getting remarkably close to the legal/illegal bomb thing again.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #426 on: November 29, 2017, 06:03:16 AM »

You're getting remarkably close to the legal/illegal bomb thing again.

What "thing" is that and what is your understanding of that thing?
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

Offline FourAceDeal

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #427 on: November 29, 2017, 05:04:49 PM »
Al seems to have forgotten "The Bomb Thing".

I'll post it again for you Al, because reading it is still as funny as fuck.   

Britain has been a victim of bombings from at least IRA conflict. I remember there was a spate of them, including on a double decker bus, some years ago. I remember not long ago little kids were blown to bits in a popstar concert.

No this issue is not solved. There is not the same bombing instances or culture in UK.

We thankfully know that if we ban bombs and make them illegal there wont be any more bombings. That is what they shoyld do.

If they have done this, then we may have to reassess the notion that banning weapons that potentially causes death and/or controlling it will not prevebt bad people from doing bad things and ignoring illegaility.

Maybe preventative measures and better mental health services and such is better than banning weapons from decent people who would not abuse them and bad people who will any way?

Of course it may be reasonable to do a bit of  both but I wonder whether goung to "ban them ban them" as people have a wont to do, is the reasonable course of action

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #428 on: November 29, 2017, 06:56:49 PM »

Sound familiar?

Nice straw man there. That's almost a next-level straw man. Impressive.

Here's how you take it to the next level. Figure out what feeds extremism, and what starves extremism. Use that as the starting point for your next course of action.

In the next lesson I may be gracious enough to expand upon that. Or I might just try to counter your lack of argument by imagining some ridiculous extrapolation of your comments. At this stage I am undecided. Stay tuned.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #429 on: November 29, 2017, 09:52:43 PM »
Quite, which is why I'm going to suggest everybody abandon hope of odeon's rehabilitation. Really, it's his own suggestion, to quote 'bigots will be bigots', after all.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #430 on: November 30, 2017, 05:55:08 AM »

Sound familiar?

Nice straw man there. That's almost a next-level straw man. Impressive.

Here's how you take it to the next level. Figure out what feeds extremism, and what starves extremism. Use that as the starting point for your next course of action.

In the next lesson I may be gracious enough to expand upon that. Or I might just try to counter your lack of argument by imagining some ridiculous extrapolation of your comments. At this stage I am undecided. Stay tuned.

Any ideology can become distorted and all it needs is someone who is willing to be selective and view every aspect of an ideology in the worst and most repulsive light AND they will do all of this with moral indignation.

I do not agree with much of John Stewart but here is something he gets 100% on in his comedic assassination of Glenn Beck.

This points out the way extremism works in ideologies.

You will note here that again I am happy to agree with someone I disagree with on MANY things and doing so does not endorse everything they say, right? ;)

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #431 on: November 30, 2017, 02:24:20 PM »
Quite, which is why I'm going to suggest everybody abandon hope of odeon's rehabilitation. Really, it's his own suggestion, to quote 'bigots will be bigots', after all.

Druggie's talking about rehabilitation. The irony.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #432 on: December 01, 2017, 03:03:09 PM »
The bigot, making the accusation of bigotry.

The irony.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #433 on: December 01, 2017, 03:51:08 PM »
Someone hazarded a guess further up the thread that about 0.3% of Muslims are extremists.

Umm, actually no. Py's comment was made I jest and I responded to it.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #434 on: December 01, 2017, 04:43:30 PM »
The bigot, making the accusation of bigotry.

The irony.

Tell me how I'm a bigot.

:popcorn:

- Albert Einstein