Educational

Author Topic: Random Observations  (Read 12193 times)

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Random Observations
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2010, 02:15:03 PM »
My cat can tell whether someone's a good person or not. the same with places; she can tell if i house is decent or not

I don't  know wht sex cats think I am though   :laugh:

With people I think it's 50-50 whether they think I'm a guy or not. Unless I speak. I have a really girly voice unfortunately

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2010, 02:25:20 PM »
My cat can tell whether someone's a good person or not. the same with places; she can tell if i house is decent or not

I don't  know wht sex cats think I am though   :laugh:

With people I think it's 50-50 whether they think I'm a guy or not. Unless I speak. I have a really girly voice unfortunately

My dogs are the same way.  Not about the sex thing though :zoinks:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2010, 08:00:21 PM »
The person ahead of me on the parkway tonight had really screwed up head lights they lit up the tree branches about 20 feet above the road and not much else :zombiefuck:

George Bernard Shaw

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2010, 01:16:21 AM »
The person ahead of me on the parkway tonight had really screwed up head lights they lit up the tree branches about 20 feet above the road and not much else :zombiefuck:

That's not even helpful for stargazing.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2010, 01:33:13 AM »

That's not even helpful for stargazing.

It took me a few minutes to figure out why the trees above and ahead of me were lighting up :laugh:  We only have to have emission inspections in my state which it difficult to fail it's all about the money.  Lots of other states do whole car inspections every year or two for safety reasons but not here.  Lights like that would drive me crazy on my truck and I even check the alignment of them frequently on my fence gate at the end of my driveway

George Bernard Shaw

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2010, 05:57:02 AM »

What do you think of those new headlights that are a piercing blue-white? Maybe they're good for driving, but as a pedestrian I dislike them!  :laugh:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2010, 08:18:58 AM »

What do you think of those new headlights that are a piercing blue-white? Maybe they're good for driving, but as a pedestrian I dislike them!  :laugh:

I hate them as a pedestrian, as a cyclist and behind the wheel of a car.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2010, 04:20:43 PM »

They are great when you drive.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2010, 06:53:11 PM »

Agreed. One of the "customisational"  changes I made to my very boring, old mini-van was to upgrade the lights to LED versions.

You must understand that since it is proven that many older people lose their ability to see the red end of the spectrum as they age and become more sensitive to the blues, it only makes sense to use night lighting in your automobile that helps you to see at night.

This is not annoying to me as a driver of a vehicle with bright as hell, alien-looking blue lights who is losing his ability to see red or the light from a red source reflected off things I need to avoid running into as I drive at night.

My LED headlights are all about win, in my estimation.   (expensive conversion, though quite worth the expense)
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2010, 06:52:49 AM »

Agreed. One of the "customisational"  changes I made to my very boring, old mini-van was to upgrade the lights to LED versions.

You must understand that since it is proven that many older people lose their ability to see the red end of the spectrum as they age and become more sensitive to the blues, it only makes sense to use night lighting in your automobile that helps you to see at night.

This is not annoying to me as a driver of a vehicle with bright as hell, alien-looking blue lights who is losing his ability to see red or the light from a red source reflected off things I need to avoid running into as I drive at night.

My LED headlights are all about win, in my estimation.   (expensive conversion, though quite worth the expense)

OK, I didn't know the science behind it. Good to know.  :thumbup:

People forget.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2010, 08:14:22 AM »

OK, I didn't know the science behind it. Good to know.  :thumbup:

Human eyes are generally more sensitive to the blue end of the spectrum (interestingly old fashioned photographic film is much like old beat up human eyes, in that the most sensitive range is blue and the way to see in a darkroom is to use a RED light, since film is not sensitive at all to the red end of the spectrum), but as we age our eyes change to become even more sensitive to blue (one other thing that happens to our eyes as we age is that our eyes become less adaptable to any change in lighting - in practical terms, that means that it takes older folk longer to focus their eyes on something they are intent upon seeing and an incidence of bright light interrupting the dark of night tends to "dazzle"  us older follk to a greater degree than a younger person with much more responsive irises.) and we eventually lose the ability to see red as more than a dark shadow.

This has nothing to do with cataracts or any other anomalous human condition. This is just the body wearing out one thing at a time. Cataracts and various other accumulations of minerals and fats in the vitreous fluid within the eyes  begins a whole separate discussion. Probably a discussion important enough to warrant making up a thread all its own.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2010, 08:37:30 AM »

BTW, this whole thing with red sensitivity worries me with anticipatory dread, since red is one of my favorite colors. I loathe the day when the color red becomes a shadow to me.

At that point in my life (going back to another thread here), I will be near the bottom of my bag of reasons to NOT commit suicide.

RED FUCKING ROXXORS!!!

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2010, 08:40:26 AM »

BTW, this whole thing with red sensitivity worries me with anticipatory dread, since red is one of my favorite colors. I loathe the day when the color red becomes a shadow to me.

At that point in my life (going back to another thread here), I will be near the bottom of my bag of reasons to NOT commit suicide.

RED FUCKING ROXXORS!!!

Does the loss of red sensitivity really get that extreme? I hope not. Maybe you won't even notice it; maybe the loss of sensitivity only shows up in tests,
and is not an issue in everyday life.  :chin:

People forget.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2010, 08:52:59 AM »

RED FUCKING ROXXORS!!!

Does the loss of red sensitivity really get that extreme? I hope not. Maybe you won't even notice it; maybe the loss of sensitivity only shows up in tests,

Sure, but realize that you are talking to a person who used his eyes for work/hobby interests. I was so damn good I look at a photo, (or even sense things during flash photography and know when one flash lamp has lost its color or power, by a tiny percent, which most people in photography can not do after years of experience) and tell the lab to adjust the cyan down one or two points and the yellow up one (that means one out of two hundred fifty five degrees of intensity), for instance and get the color perfect.

My own eyes have already changed enough that it is impossible to compensate for the cumulative differences - just the ones I am able to sense, mind you. I am already losing my eyes. I use my eyes.  I already miss them.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2010, 08:55:37 AM by DirtDawg »

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2010, 08:54:40 AM »

RED FUCKING ROXXORS!!!

Sure, but realize that you are talking to a person who used his eyes for work/hobby interests. I was so damn good I look at a photo, (or even sense things during flash photography, which most can not do) and tell the lab to adjust the cyan down one or two points and the yellow up one (that means one out of two hundred fifty five degrees of intensity), for instance and get the color perfect.

My own eyes have already changed enough that it is impossible to compensate for the cumulative differences - just the ones I am able to sense, mind you. I am already losing my eyes. I use my eyes.  I already miss them.

OK, in your line of work it would make a difference. That sucks. Sorry.  :thumbdn:

People forget.