Author Topic: Random Observations  (Read 12224 times)

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
Random Observations
« on: July 02, 2010, 08:24:31 PM »
My cats and dogs are going nuts because or the fireworks
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
Re: Random Observations
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2010, 08:28:34 PM »
My cats and dogs are going nuts because or the fireworks

The shelties I dogsit are probably doing the same. I'll ask them when I see them on Sunday. :heart:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2010, 08:31:35 AM »
this is all shit

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2010, 09:18:34 AM »
Things made by "American Handyman" should NOT be made in China
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2010, 09:23:57 AM »
schweinsteiger is a great nme for a  german

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2010, 10:59:21 AM »
schweinsteiger is a great nme for a  german

:lol:
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2010, 02:52:32 PM »
oh yeh a funny thing that happened today. i got called "girly boy" by a little kid on the street lol

every time he sees me he says hello .  he seems young to be out in the street on his own though. younger than my youngest brother imo. maybe i'm ttoo paranoid though. If I had kids I'd never let them out on their own  :laugh:

so yeh , I dunno whether he thinks I'm  girl that looks like  boy or a boy that looks like a girl. one time he asked me something and I said "I dunno" and he went "oh yeh, I know what you are- you're a boy"

kids re great. they just don't care about offending people at all  :2thumbsup:

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2010, 02:54:16 PM »
(I don't mean I am offended - I mean I hate the uncomfortable situations you get when adults think they've mistaken you for a boy/girl and assume you're offended. awkward... lol)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2010, 03:21:30 PM »

Shit, you are a "girlie boy?"

Hell, all this time, I thought you were a boyish girl.  (not really, you pussy! I know you are a girl - if I was your age, single and less than half a continent and an ocean away, I would probably be sniffing your trail and marking out territory)
« Last Edit: July 03, 2010, 03:23:11 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2010, 03:53:17 PM »
oh yeh a funny thing that happened today. i got called "girly boy" by a little kid on the street lol

every time he sees me he says hello .  he seems young to be out in the street on his own though. younger than my youngest brother imo. maybe i'm ttoo paranoid though. If I had kids I'd never let them out on their own  :laugh:

so yeh , I dunno whether he thinks I'm  girl that looks like  boy or a boy that looks like a girl. one time he asked me something and I said "I dunno" and he went "oh yeh, I know what you are- you're a boy"

Been over ten years now, that someone addressed me as young man or boy. Happened quite a lot, till around 30 I think. I've never had a problem with that. But it has not happened for a long time. And my daughters have told me that I am slowly turning into a proper woman.  :rofl:
There is a sexist cat who might be mistaking me for a man this year. Someone told me he is untouchable for women, yet he walks up to me to be cuddled.  :laugh:

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2010, 04:15:12 PM »

Been over ten years now, that someone addressed me as young man or boy. Happened quite a lot, till around 30 I think. I've never had a problem with that. But it has not happened for a long time. And my daughters have told me that I am slowly turning into a proper woman.  :rofl:
There is a sexist cat who might be mistaking me for a man this year. Someone told me he is untouchable for women, yet he walks up to me to be cuddled.  :laugh:

He senses your trustworthiness. Animals know who's good.  :)

People forget.

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2010, 04:35:29 PM »

And some just have peculiar tastes, or strange habits too.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2010, 05:43:22 PM »

:agreed: :indeed:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2010, 07:00:28 PM »

I have a long lifetime of evidence to support this.

Some animals can certainly see right through what most humans see as "truth."

If I was truly the Dawg (actually, an aged scarred wolf, "missing a fang" and limping, but still holding his tail and his snout high and keeping his chest wide to any opponent's view) that I "play for fun,"  I would NOT have been exposed to so damn much trauma in this life.  I would certainly not have been so fooled so many times.
 :violin:

Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2010, 12:11:18 AM »

I have a long lifetime of evidence to support this.

Some animals can certainly see right through what most humans see as "truth."

If I was truly the Dawg (actually, an aged scarred wolf, "missing a fang" and limping, but still holding his tail and his snout high and keeping his chest wide to any opponent's view) that I "play for fun,"  I would NOT have been exposed to so damn much trauma in this life.  I would certainly not have been so fooled so many times.
 :violin:

Old scarred wolves are :viking:

The shelties I'm visiting this weekend always run right over to me, which really warms my heart. :heart:

People forget.