Author Topic: I believe that.....  (Read 547 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: I believe that.....
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2018, 02:49:57 AM »
Jumping on every single little thing he does only generates sympathy for some. The man can't even feed a fish without pant crapping public outrage; crybabies.

Well, that is how he set the table. He's not innocent.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2018, 08:11:19 AM »
"For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction."

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2018, 03:27:26 PM »
So all the offensive crap that Trump spews forth is okay because hey, he's Trump. He's got no apparent filter and that's why a lot of people love him.

But if anyone critiques his fish feeding technique they get called out as a bunch of meanies?
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2018, 05:04:09 PM »
So all the offensive crap that Trump spews forth is okay because hey, he's Trump. He's got no apparent filter and that's why a lot of people love him.

But if anyone critiques his fish feeding technique they get called out as a bunch of meanies?
dont put words in my mouth. Didn't say anything about what's okay. Though the person who can't even breathe right is like the one who walks on water.

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2018, 05:19:32 PM »

dont put words in my mouth. Didn't say anything about what's okay. Though the person who can't even breathe right is like the one who walks on water.

It was a general comment. It was clear what you said and I didn't attribute any words to you that you didn't say.

People make fun of Trump, portray him as an idiot, because he has earned that treatment through his own behaviour.

That is the consequence of being an asshole in any sphere of life.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2018, 05:47:31 PM »

It was a general comment. It was clear what you said and I didn't attribute any words to you that you didn't say.

People make fun of Trump, portray him as an idiot, because he has earned that treatment through his own behaviour.

That is the consequence of being an asshole in any sphere of life.
Just had my fill over the constant outrage over nothing taking precedence over important political news. Probably wouldn't be anywhere as supportive of trump, if it weren't for the overly obsessive negativity and basically wishing him to fail that's found in mainstream media. Wasn't really talking about mockery; that's what leaders are for. Was just saying the other day, wondering if the public has been too long starved for a leader that's it's socially acceptable to openly hate. People couldn't generally do that with Obama without potentially being labeled racist.

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2018, 06:06:23 PM »
Obama was also a consummate professional politician.

He chose his words carefully. He didn't spout hateful nonsense every chance he got.

So, in Obama's case, you could mock his lack of achievement (fair enough) but he didn't provide constant opportunity for mockery by saying and doing ridiculous things.

Can you imagine, for example, Obama bragging about how big his nuclear button was? No, he would have said something very statesmanlike and made a sincere face while he was saying it.

I'm not a big fan of either Obama or Trump. But Trump certainly deserves all of the mockery he's got coming to him.

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2018, 06:21:53 PM »
Think it's possible a number of people were leery of even openly criticizing the Obama administration's politics. Though with trump it's like there's a struggle to find much fault in him or his administration's actual political actions, so there's all this grasping at superficial outrage. That's just a theory; still haven't decided if the media controls the public or if public demand dictates the media, but am still leaning toward the superficial fluff being used to purposely shroud important political happening that are taking place.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 06:25:16 PM by Jack »

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2018, 02:39:54 AM »
^Really? You must have access to a different set of news then.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2018, 03:57:59 PM »
Probably.