Author Topic: What are you eating right now?  (Read 45529 times)

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: What are you eating right now?
« Reply #1875 on: March 29, 2017, 11:09:57 AM »
Just finished some steamed cabbage with garlic and margarine and a cajun spiced sausage.  Both done in the microwave.  First time I've EVER cooked in a microwave.  I use it to rewarm drinks, microwave frozen meals, and nuke the occasional potato (white and sweet).

That sounds delicious!  Any left over?  :puppy:

Yes, just hop on over.

B'fast today was tuna fish sandwich and coffee.

I like tuna salad if it's made with pickle relish.  I use tartar sauce to get the relish and the mayo
   in one step.  I never use celery.  My mother used to put diced green pepper in her tuna salad.  :2thumbsup:

This was a sweet tuna salad from the grocery store.  Suitable for b'fast.  I really prefer a savoury chicken or tuna salad:  onion, garlic, celery, parsley, salt, mayonnaise, chopped green olives.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #1876 on: March 29, 2017, 11:11:40 AM »
Just finished some steamed cabbage with garlic and margarine and a cajun spiced sausage.  Both done in the microwave.  First time I've EVER cooked in a microwave.  I use it to rewarm drinks, microwave frozen meals, and nuke the occasional potato (white and sweet).

That sounds delicious!  Any left over?  :puppy:

Yes, just hop on over.

B'fast today was tuna fish sandwich and coffee.

I like tuna salad if it's made with pickle relish.  I use tartar sauce to get the relish and the mayo
   in one step.  I never use celery.  My mother used to put diced green pepper in her tuna salad.  :2thumbsup:

This was a sweet tuna salad from the grocery store.  Suitable for b'fast.  I really prefer a savoury chicken or tuna salad:  onion, garlic, celery, parsley, salt, mayonnaise, chopped green olives.

Chopped green olives would be divine!  Thanks for the idea!  :2thumbsup:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1877 on: March 29, 2017, 10:30:39 PM »
I have really been enjoying roast beef, cheese and chutney sandwiches at college lately. I used to think chutney was gross. Not anymore.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #1878 on: April 10, 2017, 05:34:13 AM »
  Chocolate ice cream to soothe my throat after having some morning heartburn.  8)

People forget.

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #1879 on: April 10, 2017, 02:07:36 PM »
Haribo 'bubblegum bottles' and  haribo 'smurfs'. Fizzy blue cola-bottle style jelly candies that are sour and bubblegum flavoured. Absolutely divine. I can't not get a few bags when I get paid every time I do I buy some, they are addictive :P The smurfs are blue and clear sweet bubblegum-fruity flavoured smurf character sweets, I bought the new version thats come out with sour 'gargamel' characters included as well, washed down with guava juice and lots of bottles of both snickers and mars bar caramel milkshakes, Plus a couple of cans of 'lilt', a kind of fruit pop that is mostly pineapple I think, but tastes pretty unique.

And CBC yes some of said meds were swallowed, although some of the oxy was insufflated also, and some of both it and all the morphine shot. There is just too much WASTE with oral morphine, something like 70-75% of it is just metabolized to inactive rubbish and excreted without ever doing anything if its taken by mouth without a cocktail of enzyme inhibitors of various kinds to block metabolism, and even then its inefficient. The morphia part of my pain med regimen is actually useless to me unless extracted, filtered, subjected to sterilization and ultrafiltration using micropore membrane filters small enough to block bacteria.

Got a bowl of beef and mushroom (shop bought, meh. Only things they are acceptable in are curries and chilli con carne the way *I* make chilli con carne. My old man really doesn't know how to spice it right, he doesn't add peppery boletus and cured, detoxified fly agaric fungi even though he'd not have to remove the poison himself, since I already have tubs and bags and boxes stuffed full of cured fly agaric, with the toxic principles and psychoactive compounds leached out and then dried that can be simply crumbled into a dish without further ado. I suppose I can't blame him for not adding peppery bolete mushroom, as I have relatively little left and need to wait until the growing season in autumn again before I can get more, plus there are only a very few of those spice rack jars that actually contain spices, the rest of the rack now contains jars of chemicals; such as KOH (potassium ydroxide, caustic potash], sodium metal under petroleum spirits, calcium metal, anhydrous calcium chloride, elemental boron, a solution of manganese sulfate in 98-99% concentrated sulfuric acid, manganese dioxide, various results of electrolytic processes, a little bit of white phosphorus under water although that I'm going to move, various drying agents, either aluminium dust a couple of tens of microns fine or magnesium as fine powder, some finely powdered nickel metal and ultrafine copper dust, not quite nanopowder, but very, very very VERY fine copper dust, I forget whether that one jar contains the micronized aluminium dust or the Mg powder now, and other such friendly, cuddly things you'd want to find somebody adding to your chilli :P In fact aside from the fly agaric, peppery boletus and some turmeric thats being saved for the extraction of curcumin for cell biology experiments there is only one spice jar that contains something intended for food, and one other that contains a substance that would not poison, burn or both if taken internally or touched, although even that would need dissolving in water first, that being anhydrous magnesium sulfate, used as a drying agent. The hydrated form is nothing other than epsom salt, after roasting out the water of crystallization in the oven I use MgSO4 frequently as a dessicant for many solvents, usually as a pre-drying agent for removing bulk water prior to other procedures such as for example, distillation over sodium metal pellets or chips, or over lithium as thin foil, over CaCl2, passage through concentrated sulfuric acid for some gases, distillation over first quicklime and then over calcium carbide for drying alcohols after first drying b y distillation until the alcohol-water azeotrope is reached and distillation can serve no further in removing the remaining water (an azeotrope is a mixture of two or more liquids that is at a concentration of one component relative to another reaches a point whereby the azeotrope is reached, and distillation any further only results in collection of the same concentration of both components in the collected distillate. For example, you cannot prepare anhydrous ethanol or isopropanol via distillation alone, because they both form azeotropes with water, and once you have the azeotropic alcohol, more distillation just results in the azeotropic mixture coming over, not further concentration of the alcohol in question, so after that point, one has to distill the azeotropic mixture from a chemical dessicant such as quicklime (calcium oxide, CaO), or to remove the absolute last traces of water for 100% absolute ethanol/isopropanol, first from quicklime, under dried inert gas, in an apparatus protected by drying tubes packed with dessicant to prevent influx of H2O vapor from the air, and then over calcium carbide, C2H2, which reacts chemically, in an irreversible reaction to form acetylene, which mostly bubbles out after a certain amount ends up dissolved in the alcohol. The alcohol can then be subjected to a quick pull in a vacuum chamber in order to force any dissolved ethylene (acetylene, same thing) to boil off out of the alcohol, after which treatment, is as dry as it will ever get, 99.several 9-s% alcohol, suitable for anything you need to do with the alcohol in question just as long as whatever you want to do to it or with it would work anyway. But certainly, its drier than a nun's muff crack and the wellspring of a politician's integrity put together.)

Oooh...just remembered, I've still got a cadbury's 'flake' chocolate bar left in my candy bag, which has been freshly stocked with fruit drops, 'smurfs' 'bubblegum bottles', barley sugars and other delectable sweet treats.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Delicious and refreshing.
« Reply #1880 on: April 10, 2017, 02:33:55 PM »
I love those Apetina snacks, made with herbs, feta cheese and olives, and pickled garlic. Pour it all (well, reserving most of the oil) over a salad and that is one gorgeous salad.

I haven't seen those around in ages. I used to get them from Tesco.
:dog:

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1881 on: April 10, 2017, 10:01:28 PM »
Cereal and milk.   My before bed light meal.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #1882 on: April 11, 2017, 06:04:56 AM »
I love those Apetina snacks, made with herbs, feta cheese and olives, and pickled garlic. Pour it all (well, reserving most of the oil) over a salad and that is one gorgeous salad.

I haven't seen those around in ages. I used to get them from Tesco.

Sounds like a perfect example of the kind of savory food I am wanting lately.  :viking:

People forget.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #1883 on: April 11, 2017, 06:06:34 AM »
  Half a sandwich left from yesterday's lunch.  Bologna, cheese and mayo on white bread.  :thumbup:

People forget.

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Delicious and refreshing.
« Reply #1884 on: April 14, 2017, 08:09:17 AM »
Strawberry jam/jelly filled marshmallows. They're pretty good, not as good as the blueberry ones though.
:dog:

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #1885 on: April 14, 2017, 11:19:40 AM »

Just finished some Chinese rice and shrimp with a couple of spring rolls.
Delicious!   8)
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #1886 on: May 15, 2017, 05:34:08 AM »
Homemade egg McMuffin sandwich with cheese and sausage
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #1887 on: May 15, 2017, 07:44:45 AM »
The above poster.

Thinking about a jam sandwich or two, made with some brown bread with nuts and seeds of various different kinds in it, and some home-made blackberry jam, made from several days spent doing three things at once, since they all took me to the same place.

Harvesting sacks of big ripe sweet and juicy squishy blackberries, decked in as much leather as possible to serve as body armor against the thorns, because there are LOADS of blackberry bushes, so many its more like one giant bush, plus the very occasional raspberry plant. If I see wild raspberries though since there's only a few, I just yoink them free and devour them on the spot. Also its close to one of my favourite and good-yielding wild mushroom foraging so I can kill two birds with one stone, come back with the main meal and material for pudding too.

Plus its right next to my ergot patch. One day I WILL master Claviceps purpurea, and if I can manage to acquire some viable sclerotia, even better would be C.paspali and develop a stable high yielding strain.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1888 on: May 15, 2017, 05:39:47 PM »
Leftover from b'fast scrambled egg over corned beef hash and a freshly made large green salad.

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #1889 on: May 15, 2017, 09:54:01 PM »
Goldfish. Salty goodness.
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad