Author Topic: What are you eating right now?  (Read 45473 times)

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: What are you eating right now?
« Reply #1575 on: November 25, 2013, 07:11:26 PM »
M&M peanuts
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #1576 on: November 25, 2013, 07:19:39 PM »

Just had Polish sausage, kale and mac-n-cheese, with fresh made cornbread.

Yum!!
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

TheoK

« Reply #1577 on: November 28, 2013, 11:28:02 AM »
A sandwich that my dad bought to me at Einars café in town  8)

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #1578 on: November 30, 2013, 03:08:13 PM »
Just had steak, followed by triple chocolate ice cream with chocolate sauce and covered in triple chocolate shavings.

Got a great deal in tesco-six steaks for a tenner. Its been steak supper yesterday, steal dinner today, and will be steak tomorrow also. Two big fat casserole steaks, although I fried them rather than cooked them as casserole or anything similar. Chose them for their thickness, big, fat, chewy slabs of lean beef steak. Cheaper than fillet etc. but much larger, and very juicy,

Way cooked:

First covered in a mixture of soy sauce, worcestershire sauce, slathered in lots of tabasco, covered in brown sauce, black pepper, sprinkled with a wee pinch or two of powdered fly agaric mushroom (Amanita muscaria, slowly heat-cured and then dried to remove the poison)

A little oil to seal in the moisture, covered in more of the sauces, and more pepper, then shallow fried/braised in HP sauce. As they cook, throw on more tabasco sauce, and the remainder of the sauce and spice mixture in the empty steak pack, to be poured over both steaks, both sides, and allowed to cook in a frying pan until no trace of pink remains.

The result was two fat, thick, juicy steaks, just right between tender and chewy, that literally bleed gouts of sauce when stabbed with a fork. Cooked just the way I like.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1579 on: December 12, 2013, 03:23:09 AM »

These enchiladas turned out to be awesome!!

Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1580 on: December 12, 2013, 05:00:03 AM »
Mmm enchiladas are my favourite. Especially with a chocolate milkshake to go with them.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1581 on: December 12, 2013, 04:29:35 PM »
Roasted chicken and vegetables (red onion, carrots and potatoes brushed with olive oil, garlic and cajun spices),
brussel sprouts with butter and a bit of sour salt.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline skyblue1

• Overlooked of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #1582 on: December 13, 2013, 05:39:32 PM »
sausage and egg sandwich

ginger snaps

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1583 on: December 14, 2013, 01:27:04 AM »
Mmm enchiladas are my favourite. Especially with a chocolate milkshake to go with them.

It is really cold here, so I had my chocolate fix in a steamy cup for dessert with some various flavors of fudge that my wife made this week.

She is QUITE the confectioner, incidentally!  It is a kind of hobby with her to make candy.

She made about twenty varieties of layered truffles  (impossible to describe  -  little layers of fruit, nut powder, rum, chocolate, cinnamon, covered in chocolate ... fucking WOW!), divinity - boy and girl varieties, she says - some with nuts and some without,  fudges (butterscotch, peanut butter, horehound, licorice, almond bark, chocolate, eggnog, peppermint), hard candies of many flavors and candied nuts of all sorts.

It is impossible for us four people to eat all that she creates this time of year. She generally gives most of it away as presents to those old family "friends" who we are losing touch with, but do not want to lose entirely.

She is a rockstar when it comes to making candy.  I am the rockstar when it comes to ethnic food, however.

8)

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1584 on: December 14, 2013, 01:33:59 AM »

This evening we had fast food. 

My daughter had her Christmas Show Choir Concert tonight, so we stopped afterward at Long John Silver's for a massive fish, shrimp and chips feast.

TheoK

« Reply #1585 on: December 15, 2013, 11:39:54 AM »
Smörgåstårta  :viking:

Offline skyblue1

• Overlooked of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #1586 on: December 15, 2013, 07:44:47 PM »
York peppermint

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1587 on: December 16, 2013, 10:11:48 PM »

This afternoon, I  made a "stone soup."   It turned out great.

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #1588 on: December 16, 2013, 10:43:27 PM »

This afternoon, I  made a "stone soup."   It turned out great.

Good memory trigger, stone soup. It's been years.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1589 on: December 18, 2013, 11:57:05 PM »
Yesterday, a "friend"  stopped by after dark (a guy I used to work with in photography - we have been to races and hunts and fishing as pals, so to speak - had not seen him in almost a year) and asked if I had any freezer space to spare. I was thinking "Bambi, since it is still the season."   BUT, NO!

I said something like, YEAH!  ... or HELL!  I could surely make some. Why?

He then stepped aside and produced a huge cooler of fresh caught (frozen last weekend) Lake Superior pike that he with HIS  work "friends" had caught that  previous weekend.

He said that they all had their freezers full and there is still more fish to store.  I (being an anal preservation enthusiast) asked why they had so many. He just said that it was a huge party and everyone caught near their legal limits of fish, but only a few wanted to keep them for later.  I said, "Yes, I have some freezer space. Thank you!  HOw much can I take?"   He said, "Please take the rest of it."

That cooler was three feet long, two feet wide and three feet deep, fully packed with fresh frozen, wild caught pike and almost too heavy for him to pick up. I took the rest of it.

Anyway, tonight, I thawed one, baked it (kind of mild on spices for the kids) and fed myself and the kids (well!) and yet there is enough left over from that one fish (half fillet) for my wife to have for lunch or dinner, tomorrow.

Now my freezer is almost completely full and we have enough awesome fish to last for a couple of months, eating twice a week or so.

Anyway, Thanksgiving brought to my door in a cooler!

I was not invited to this outing, but the month before I was for the deer hunt. I have not gone deer hunting in about six years. NO problem - I know I can still shoot, but my work schedule was grueling around that time.

I plan to go with them next year, either hunting or fishing, if asked. (I am working less these days - not during Christmas time, but during fall - yeah!) This year they (seven guys) only brought back one deer. Only one of their party of seven hit  a deer, FFS. They all missed at least once. If I can go with them next year on a deer hunt, I can repay this generously shared bounty.

AS you say, Jack.  Good "memory trigger" with the fish, too.  It has been a while since I had pike. It was fabulous!